Visit site
✟733,159.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My mother always taught us to pray about everything, including believing in the healing of the sick. When I was saved I began to pray for the sick, rather timidly. Managing to reach out from time to time to pray. From this in the past I have seen some success, Jesus healing some people as I have prayed. Recently I was diagnosed with a disease Diverticulitis, a bowel disease, that has no cure. I had to go to the hospital today, for some tests. As I arrived at the hospital, I wondered if I should pray for people there, but my courage was quite low, I was not sure how to pray in an environment with so many sick, or did not have a lot of courage. You might say “Why pray when you yourself are sick?”, but I believe in prayer, and will not stop due to being sick myself. As I check myself in there was a man at the door with me, and a sick woman was wheeled into the room, I did not have the courage to ask them if I could pray for them, maybe I should have. So I said, “LORD forgive me for not having the courage to pray for these people in person, but could your healing power touch them.” I was then called in for my test. I went through the testing procedure. When I came out the same man was there who had been there when I was at the door. He started a conversation with me and said to me “I don’t know what has happened, but I no longer have Diverticulitis, the tests showed it has just vanished”. He was questioning in his heart what had happened. Looking back on the situation I think maybe, just maybe, the LORD answered my simple prayer at the door.

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My mother always taught us to pray about everything, including believing in the healing of the sick. When I was saved I began to pray for the sick, rather timidly. Managing to reach out from time to time to pray. From this in the past I have seen some success, Jesus healing some people as I have prayed. Recently I was diagnosed with a disease Diverticulitis, a bowel disease, that has no cure. I had to go to the hospital today, for some tests. As I arrived at the hospital, I wondered if I should pray for people there, but my courage was quite low, I was not sure how to pray in an environment with so many sick, or did not have a lot of courage. You might say “Why pray when you yourself are sick?”, but I believe in prayer, and will not stop due to being sick myself. As I check myself in there was a man at the door with me, and a sick woman was wheeled into the room, I did not have the courage to ask them if I could pray for them, maybe I should have. So I said, “LORD forgive me for not having the courage to pray for these people in person, but could your healing power touch them.” I was then called in for my test. I went through the testing procedure. When I came out the same man was there who had been there when I was at the door. He started a conversation with me and said to me “I don’t know what has happened, but I no longer have Diverticulitis, the tests showed it has just vanished”. He was questioning in his heart what had happened. Looking back on the situation I think maybe, just maybe, the LORD answered my simple prayer at the door.
That’s awesome! God bless you, brother. Yes, the Lord heard your prayer. Praise God. Sometimes when we are at are weakest, most fearful, most tired, and we admit it, is when God hears us the loudest, and has pity on us.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
The Lord does as he will. Doing things in a great show (with announcement) is not usually his way.

Upvote 0