• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Possible breakthrough: Aha

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Previously when I have intrusive thoughts I would fight them with good thoughts.

For example if I got an evil intrusive thought then in response I would think a good thought. Then another intrusive thought would follow and I would continue this unending fist fight with these thoughts.

Now I simply say or think "Aha", and continue what I was doing. The amount of intrusive thoughts I get has reduced significantly in just one day of doing this, I get like 60-80% less intrusive thoughts. And those thoughts that I do get, do not affect me nearly as much as they did before.

I would like to add that lexapro 15mg has also helped me remain more calm with these intrusive thoughts. So I do think some meds can help the situation.

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Previously when I have intrusive thoughts I would fight them with good thoughts.

For example if I got an evil intrusive thought then in response I would think a good thought. Then another intrusive thought would follow and I would continue this unending fist fight with these thoughts.

Now I simply say or think "Aha", and continue what I was doing. The amount of intrusive thoughts I get has reduced significantly in just one day of doing this, I get like 60-80% less intrusive thoughts. And those thoughts that I do get, do not affect me nearly as much as they did before.

I would like to add that lexapro 15mg has also helped me remain more calm with these intrusive thoughts. So I do think some meds can help the situation.
I love this! This is basically doing therapy for your obsessive thoughts, with your own unique spin on it. :) Good for you!!

Upvote 0