Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the times of trouble of Coronavirus, a Christian friend tell me relying on “positive thinking”

This I find something not right about this !

Why rely on positive thinking why not faith ?

I find those who rely on positive thinking ;

rely on themselves;

for they know that they cannot do anything but yet rely on that.

Just don’t make sense!

Why not rely on faith! Is it not our faith that pleases God ?

I think many misunderstood about faith.

Faith is not wishful thinking ; it is not vague hope.

But faith is believing that God intervene in our life based on His promises to us, His people.

Do not walk in unbelief, that is, failure to be persuaded.

Having faith in God ; we believe God is our Help and our shield and our deliverer.

We do not rely on our strength

but we rely on God’s strength.

Why depend on our strength,

for you know yourself that it does not work?

It doesn’t make sense.

What makes sense?

Trusting God and believe in His strength.

Is it trusting God and His promises difficult for many people to accept?

Is it because the promise of God has not come to many people’s reality.

Don’t people know faith does not work that way!

Faith is not what you see,

what you hear

what you feel ;

it is not in the five senses;

it is believing in the promise of God ;

that is true.

Faith is not in the realm of the senses ; faith is in the realm of the spirit.

Remember what Jesus have said:

The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. -John 6:63

Remember what apostle Paul have taught us:

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. -Romans 10:17

Therefore, faith comes from hearing through the word of Christ

and the word of Christ is spirit and life ; then faith is in the realm of spirit

and faith in Christ can give life to us.

Yes, don’t rely on positive thinking!

Rely on God! Yes, God ables to give us His strength to walk in faith.

Blessed be God and His name because of His grace and truth.

Hallelujah

Amen

Reactions: GospelS

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Two things
Faith is a gift from God. And
We have to exercise faith, in spiritual terms faith is a ' verb ' it is a doing word.
Because we do not have to trust God, there is food in our home, cloths to wear, money in the bank we trust in ourselves.

When we are laid off, when a family member is seriously ill/ dying then we have to put our trust, our faith in God and it hurts.
When life is tough it takes courage to trust God.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the times of trouble of Coronavirus, a Christian friend tell me relying on “positive thinking”

This I find something not right about this !

Why rely on positive thinking why not faith ?

I find those who rely on positive thinking ;

rely on themselves;

for they know that they cannot do anything but yet rely on that.

Just don’t make sense!

Why not rely on faith! Is it not our faith that pleases God ?

I think many misunderstood about faith.

Faith is not wishful thinking ; it is not vague hope.

But faith is believing that God intervene in our life based on His promises to us, His people.

Do not walk in unbelief, that is, failure to be persuaded.

Having faith in God ; we believe God is our Help and our shield and our deliverer.

We do not rely on our strength

but we rely on God’s strength.

Why depend on our strength,

for you know yourself that it does not work?

It doesn’t make sense.

What makes sense?

Trusting God and believe in His strength.

Is it trusting God and His promises difficult for many people to accept?

Is it because the promise of God has not come to many people’s reality.

Don’t people know faith does not work that way!

Faith is not what you see,

what you hear

what you feel ;

it is not in the five senses;

it is believing in the promise of God ;

that is true.

Faith is not in the realm of the senses ; faith is in the realm of the spirit.

Remember what Jesus have said:

The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. -John 6:63

Remember what apostle Paul have taught us:

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. -Romans 10:17

Therefore, faith comes from hearing through the word of Christ

and the word of Christ is spirit and life ; then faith is in the realm of spirit

and faith in Christ can give life to us.

Yes, don’t rely on positive thinking!

Rely on God! Yes, God ables to give us His strength to walk in faith.

Blessed be God and His name because of His grace and truth.

Hallelujah

Amen
Having faith is the most positive position a person can have. Be blessed.

• Agree
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We don't actually rely on faith, we rely on the Lord Jesus Christ who because of our faith we can hear from and get to know.

Many times I have seen people say that 'if you just believe', but that is not what we are saying. We are saying if you believe in Jesus Christ, and the difference may not at first seem like much but the difference is huge!!

For example you can see in a prior post someone write "Having faith is the most positive position a person can have.

But faith in Jesus Christ is not being positive but is knowing Him personally. You talk to Him, if you have faith that He is there with you. You listen to Him, if you have faith that He is there. If you have faith that He is there you definitely talk to Him when you are not so positive! That is when you need to hear from Him and get instructions from Him.

So Christian belief is not trying to have a positive attitude, it is trying to content with the Lord your God Jesus Christ!!!

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two things
We have to exercise faith, in spiritual terms faith is a ' verb ' it is a doing word.
Because we do not have to trust God, there is food in our home, cloths to wear, money in the bank we trust in ourselves.

When we are laid off, when a family member is seriously ill/ dying then we have to put our trust, our faith in God and it hurts.

For we have heard what Jesus our Lord have said:

For the gate is narrow

and THE WAY IS HARD THAT LEADS TO LIFE,

and those who FIND IT ARE FEW. -Matthew 7:14

There is hidden insight to the way to live !

Reactions: K2K
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two things

It does not take courage to trust God it takes hearing to trust God!

Faith comes from hearing, the Lord our God talking to you. You can choose to seek Him and listen to Him or not.

That is not a statement about courage. With just a little faith that God is near, you can and will seek Him. He then talks to you and you will hear Him in your spirit. When you hear Him it builds more faith and trust in Him. As you listen to Him more you become more aware that He is there, that He is the King of kings, so He has the ability and instructions to help you. Then you have trust in Him, and because of that trust you do what He asks you to do. That is the exercising of our faith! We hear from Him because of our faith, and take action because of our faith. The first action we take is our listening to Him.

None of that above takes courage. More often is tends to take desperation. There is a place in the Bible where the Lord says, 'I killed them and they sought me'. The people did not need courage to seek Him they need desperation, a great desire, to seek Him! Yet, if you will only seek Him when you have a little need for Him you will also find Him! Indeed, desperation is often needed because of our pride combined with our little faith that He is there for us.

So it doesn't take courage! It often takes need, maybe even a desperate need.. If you have more faith, it take less need before you seek Him. If you listen more and more so that your faith that He is there is greater still, it might not take hardly any need; just the need and desire to talk to a friend of yours.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We don't actually rely on faith, we rely on the Lord Jesus Christ who because of our faith we can hear from and get to know.

Many times I have seen people say that 'if you just believe', but that is not what we are saying. We are saying if you believe in Jesus Christ, and the difference may not at first seem like much but the difference is huge!!

For example you can see in a prior post someone write "Having faith is the most positive position a person can have.

But faith in Jesus Christ is not being positive but is knowing Him personally. You talk to Him, if you have faith that He is there with you. You listen to Him, if you have faith that He is there. If you have faith that He is there you definitely talk to Him when you are not so positive! That is when you need to hear from Him and get instructions from Him.

So Christian belief is not trying to have a positive attitude, it is trying to content with the Lord your God Jesus Christ!!!

Correct perspective!

Yes, when we are alone and oppressed — feeling not positive; Yes, we have faith according to the word that the Lord turns and shows grace !

Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. -Psalms 25:16

In union with Christ, we can receive His grace.

Much appreciated !

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For we have heard what Jesus our Lord have said:

For the gate is narrow

and THE WAY IS HARD THAT LEADS TO LIFE,

and those who FIND IT ARE FEW. -Matthew 7:14

There is hidden insight to the way to live !

Excellent post!!!

We who have faith have heard. Faith in Jesus Christ, the One we hear, is the narrow way. The word of God does seem to be hidden, though the Bible tells you that you find Him in your heart, and even on your lips. It is written that it is the Spirit who gives life and that His words are spirit and our life.
That is because the Lord sends His Holy Spirit who does not speak on His own but as He hears from the Lord Jesus Christ He speaks (Jn 16)

So the Spirit talks to your spirit and speaks the words Jesus Christ has for you. He, the Spirit, acts kind of like a living telephone line to your Lord. It is like Jesus explained to Satan in the desert, 'man must live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God', and the Jesus said He would never leave you so "Today" is obviously the day you hear from Him. That is what having Christian faith means!!!

It does not mean, having courage. It does not mean that we believe God is in a far off place called heaven looking down on us. It does not mean taking a positive attitude. I means we have our Lord, King, and savior, Jesus Christ with us all the time!

So you have never lost a job, because you always have a Lord to work for! So it is never about believing in God for another job, but always about asking Him what work He has for you. Thus it is never about trying to get food, clothing, and such, but about asking Him what He needs you to do and get, and how.

Is this important insight to the way to live hidden from you. I just explained it. The Bible goes over it all, but perhaps the Lord has not still given you ears to hear or eyes to see? But know, that just like you have physical ears to hear you also have spiritual ears, so why not use them?

Ask Jesus Christ to open up those ears! Tell Him that you want to hear what He has to say!! Tell Him you want to listen to Him!!! Tell Him that you want to know Him!!!!

My friends, Jesus Christ may be hidden from you but isn't that so He can come out and surprise you, making you happy like a game of peek-a-boo.

He loves you, and is trying to get your attention. So He plays hide and seek with you.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom

And yet Jesus did say according to your faith. It's really rooted in two things.....the exceeding great and precious promises and actually many of them of them aren't even promises but declarations of fact of who we now are IN Christ Jesus.....and 2) does one believe in the character and nature of God that he'll keep his word. It's really not a striving of anything. (which I used to think it was in my early Christian life) It's really do you believe God has a good and honourable character that he'll keep his word . Nearly all the things about faith or not is connected to that one thing. Is God good? Is he honourable?

Adam and Eve were YES tempted in the garden....but what was the primary issue. The devil sought to instill a way of thinking that God wasn't good, as in "he knows that in the day you eat of it you'll be like him!" In other words God is holding back and is selfish. That would mean he's not good therefore they weren't sure if they could trust his word. Such a conclusion was unwarranted however. God FIRST had already demonstrated his good, loving, gracious character to them. He gave them a beautiful world and gave them a kingdom and he gave them each other.

If a dear friend or loved one said they were going to do something for you what would it be but an insult if you said, "I know you said you'd do it but I need FAITH that you will". When you have faith that they're good and honourable you don't insult them by entertaining a question.

But faith in Jesus Christ is not being positive but is knowing Him personally.

I get what you're saying but you still have to respond in a way that demonstrates that you believe his words. When many in scripture needed healing they came.....sometimes they'd tear off the roof of houses to lower the sick.....Jesus would say their faith or what they did by putting actions to what they believed about him caused them to be healed.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
He loves you, and is trying to get your attention. So He plays hide and seek with you.

Or maybe humanity is playing hide and seek from him? God came to Adam & Eve and called out, "Where are you?"Gen 3:9

Today many would say well I just watched 5 news programs and didn't have time to pray. Or I did a marathon with a TV show. Or I just spent to the last 6 hours socializing with my friends.

How much calling out to God and prayer do people do? Maybe some would say well I always say grace at the meals? Imagine getting married. The only time you talk to your spouse is after they make your meal. You say, "Thank you Honey for the meal, you're great!" and then come back every 6 hours or 24 hours and say the one and only thing. No relationship. No fellowship. Nothing. So maybe it's God who is asking, "Why are YOU hiding?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does not take courage to trust God it takes hearing to trust God!

Faith comes from hearing, the Lord our God talking to you. You can choose to seek Him and listen to Him or not.

That is not a statement about courage. With just a little faith that God is near, you can and will seek Him. He then talks to you and you will hear Him in your spirit. When you hear Him it builds more faith and trust in Him. As you listen to Him more you become more aware that He is there, that He is the King of kings, so He has the ability and instructions to help you. Then you have trust in Him, and because of that trust you do what He asks you to do. That is the exercising of our faith! We hear from Him because of our faith, and take action because of our faith. The first action we take is our listening to Him.

None of that above takes courage. More often is tends to take desperation. There is a place in the Bible where the Lord says, 'I killed them and they sought me'. The people did not need courage to seek Him they need desperation, a great desire, to seek Him! Yet, if you will only seek Him when you have a little need for Him you will also find Him! Indeed, desperation is often needed because of our pride combined with our little faith that He is there for us.

So it doesn't take courage! It often takes need, maybe even a desperate need.. If you have more faith, it take less need before you seek Him. If you listen more and more so that your faith that He is there is greater still, it might not take hardly any need; just the need and desire to talk to a friend of yours.

I understand what you are saying that it takes believer just the greater need to hear God to trust God but not courage to trust God.

Though people have greater needs, that doesn’t necessarily translate that they are able to hear well and understand!

For we have heard what our Lord Jesus Christ have said in the book of Matthew:

For this people's HEART has grown dull,

and with their EARS they can BARELY HEAR,

and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes

and hear with their ears

and UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART and turn,

and I would heal them.' -Matthew 13:15

From here, we can understand for people to see, hear and understand the Good News ;It need the PEOPLE’s HEARTS to UNDERSTAND and TURN, then the Lord would HEAL.

Thanks for sharing so that we can
will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.

GBU

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand what you are saying that it takes believer just the greater need to hear God to trust God but not courage to trust God.

Though people have greater needs, that doesn’t necessarily translate that they are able to hear well and understand!

For we have heard what our Lord Jesus Christ have said in the book of Matthew:

For this people's HEART has grown dull,

and with their EARS they can BARELY HEAR,

and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes

and hear with their ears

and UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART and turn,

and I would heal them.' -Matthew 13:15

From here, we can understand for people to see, hear and understand the Good News ;It need the PEOPLE’s HEARTS to UNDERSTAND and TURN, then the Lord would HEAL.

Thanks for sharing so that we can
will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.

GBU

Yeah - Sadly people even in great need often still don't seek Him. Their pride has become go great that they will not let themselves seek God and listen to Him. Yet the need for God is what turns their heart to Him, if it will be turned to Him.

A smart preacher will explain to the people how they need the Lord in their life!! That often comes something like, 'you are a sinner in desperate need of a savior.' It is true, and a smart preacher hoping to get people to seek Him is not wrong to use that. Still who will listen to the preacher?

So what preacher am I talking about? The Holy Spirit? He convicts you of your sins, and tells you that you need a savior! He even gets people on earth to help with that message, but people get stubborn and some will never listen. Their prideful hearts will not let them turn to God for help in their lives.

So, who says that faith is simply taking a positive attitude? Who says that if you just believe it will be ok, instead of if you believe in Jesus Christ it will be ok?

His sheep hear His voice, because they believe in Him who is with them. They turn to Him for advice, because they too have needs. Yet sometimes us stupid sheep kind of wonder off, forgetting that we need His advice. Will turn back at the voice of the Spirit of God convicting us of our sins and point out to us our need for Him. That may not be a correct statement for everyone, but His sheep hear His voice. Their faith is not in faith but in Him.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or maybe humanity is playing hide and seek from him? God came to Adam & Eve and called out, "Where are you?"Gen 3:9

Today many would say well I just watched 5 news programs and didn't have time to pray. Or I did a marathon with a TV show. Or I just spent to the last 6 hours socializing with my friends.

How much calling out to God and prayer do people do? Maybe some would say well I always say grace at the meals? Imagine getting married. The only time you talk to your spouse is after they make your meal. You say, "Thank you Honey for the meal, you're great!" and then come back every 6 hours or 24 hours and say the one and only thing. No relationship. No fellowship. Nothing. So maybe it's God who is asking, "Why are YOU hiding?"

Nice post, I like it :)

We do hide from God, and it is almost always because we sinned and don't want to be called out on it. However it is also written that He is a God that hides Himself. So He also will hide from us for a different reason - the hide and seek or peek-a-boo reason. He hides to get us seeking Him, where as we hide because we don't want His reproof.

I also loved the grace at the meals comparison :)

Yes - so often people make it about saying something to Him but are not thinking about hearing from Him. I think the most common phrase Jesus used in the Bible was about ears to hear, yet we make our prayer about brief statement made to Him instead of listening for words He has to say to us!! This is a very real and significant problem in the church.

We write prayer books on what to say to Him, but forget to tell people that it is about hearing from Him.

Seriously, isn't is better that you hear what He has to say to you than Him having to hear what you have to say to Him?

He knows how we feel. He knows how we think. He knows what is going on at all times. It is us that need advice from Him, not Him that needs advice from us!! So to all seven churches in Revelations He told them to hear what the Spirit has to say, and we still don't get it.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet Jesus did say according to your faith. It's really rooted in two things.....the exceeding great and precious promises and actually many of them of them aren't even promises but declarations of fact of who we now are IN Christ Jesus.....and 2) does one believe in the character and nature of God that he'll keep his word. It's really not a striving of anything. (which I used to think it was in my early Christian life) It's really do you believe God has a good and honourable character that he'll keep his word . Nearly all the things about faith or not is connected to that one thing. Is God good? Is he honourable?

Adam and Eve were YES tempted in the garden....but what was the primary issue. The devil sought to instill a way of thinking that God wasn't good, as in "he knows that in the day you eat of it you'll be like him!" In other words God is holding back and is selfish. That would mean he's not good therefore they weren't sure if they could trust his word. Such a conclusion was unwarranted however. God FIRST had already demonstrated his good, loving, gracious character to them. He gave them a beautiful world and gave them a kingdom and he gave them each other.

If a dear friend or loved one said they were going to do something for you what would it be but an insult if you said, "I know you said you'd do it but I need FAITH that you will". When you have faith that they're good and honourable you don't insult them by entertaining a question.

I get what you're saying but you still have to respond in a way that demonstrates that you believe his words. When many in scripture needed healing they came.....sometimes they'd tear off the roof of houses to lower the sick.....Jesus would say their faith or what they did by putting actions to what they believed about him caused them to be healed.

looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. -Hebrews 12:2

I hope I understand correctly that the concern is more towards in how to draw near to God!

For this is what we have heard :
And without faith it is impossible to please Him ( God), for whoever would DRAW NEAR to God

must BELIEVE that He exists

and that He REWARDS those who seek Him. -Hebrews 11:6

From what is written:
For it is impossible to draw near to God without believing that God exists and that He reward those who seek Him.

Also, the Holy Scripture has admonished:

For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it DOES NOT SUBMIT TO God's law; indeed, IT CANNOT. -Romans 8:7

For we know that the laws is spiritual.

For we come to understand that the Holy Spirit who teaches all things including faith.

For we have heard:
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

For Jesus, is the author and perfecter of our faith;
Yes, when we say that we have faith in Jesus, we trust in the substance hoped for in (union with ) Christ Jesus, the conviction of things not seen in (union with ) Christ Jesus.

As it is written:

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.

GBU

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It does not take courage to trust God

Correct perspective!

Then you have not been in a situation where you do not know where to turn, where like Job you are hearing ' curse God and die! '

Any fool can mouth platitudes, be superspiritual while the sun is shinning.
It is when you have nothing to give, no resources, no strength, that to trust God when the world will offer you drunkenness or crime to solve your problems.

If you don't understand the depth of darkness it is possible to fall into don't spout uncomprehending rubbish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah - Sadly people even in great need often still don't seek Him. Their pride has become go great that they will not let themselves seek God and listen to Him. Yet the need for God is what turns their heart to Him, if it will be turned to Him.

A smart preacher will explain to the people how they need the Lord in their life!! That often comes something like, 'you are a sinner in desperate need of a savior.' It is true, and a smart preacher hoping to get people to seek Him is not wrong to use that. Still who will listen to the preacher?

So what preacher am I talking about? The Holy Spirit? He convicts you of your sins, and tells you that you need a savior! He even gets people on earth to help with that message, but people get stubborn and some will never listen. Their prideful hearts will not let them turn to God for help in their lives.

So, who says that faith is simply taking a positive attitude? Who says that if you just believe it will be ok, instead of if you believe in Jesus Christ it will be ok?

His sheep hear His voice, because they believe in Him who is with them. They turn to Him for advice, because they too have needs. Yet sometimes us stupid sheep kind of wonder off, forgetting that we need His advice. Will turn back at the voice of the Spirit of God convicting us of our sins and point out to us our need for Him. That may not be a correct statement for everyone, but His sheep hear His voice. Their faith is not in faith but in Him.

I understand what you are trying to say that it is important to be in Christ or in union with Christ or know what we have in union with Him. Then understand what it means to have faith in Christ.

GBU

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then you have not been in a situation where you do not know where to turn, where like Job you are hearing ' curse God and die! '

It is when you have nothing to give, no resources, no strength, that to trust God when the world will offer you drunkenness or crime to solve your problems.

If you don't understand the depth of darkness it is possible to fall into don't spout uncomprehending rubbish.

Mr Tolworth John,
It is not my intention to offend you. If I have said anything that is hurtful or being insensitive, please forgive me.

All of us are all acquainted with dark days of suffering.
I have come to learn not from a brethen not to allow suffering absorbed me or weigh me down that I become paralyzed in prayer.
We need to take refuge in prayer to gain victory in suffering.

Even Job make this prayer or confession:

14 If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my service I would wait, till my renewal should come. 15 You would call, and I would answer you; you would long for the work of your hands. 16 For then you would number my steps; you would not keep watch over my sin; 17 my transgression would be sealed up in a bag, and you would cover over my iniquity. -Job 14:14-17

Another prayer or confession that Job have made:

10 But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold. 11 My foot has held fast to his steps; I have kept his way and have not turned aside.12 I have not departed from the commandment of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my portion of food.-Job 23:10-12

I believe that God will comfort us in the dark days of our suffering.

As it is written in the psalm:
Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation. Selah -Psalms 68:19

I pray that God bears you up, Mr Tolworth John in the dark days of your suffering.
May God give you strength as you wait for the Lord Jesus Christ

GBU

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
pray that God bears you up, Mr Tolworth John in the dark days of your suffering.
May God give you strength as you wait for the Lord Jesus Christ

You mean well, that was a long time ago, but super spiritual nonsence about faith being easy always gets a reaction.

May I suggest you start supporting a Christian agency helping perscuted Christians.
There stories will enable you to learn that faith is never easy.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When the Lord made Himself known to Job, which was at the end of the book, Job confessed "Therefore I have declared that which I did not understand. And concerning Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar the Lord had some things to say about them. They had not said what is right about Him. Yet there was another there - Elihu. He reprove Job, like the others but he did not get the wrath of God. So what did he says that was right about the Lord? Elihu said things like:

Job 36:10 "He opens their ear to instruction, and commands that they return from evil. If they hear and serve Him They will end their days in prosperity and their years in pleasure. But if they do not hear, they shall perish by the sword."

So have I ever been in a situation where I did not know where to turn. Yeah, but not since He came into my life. I have however once left with zero net assets, but never broke or without instructions from Him. That brief moment came after I had opened a Christian bookstore for Him for a couple of years, then He had me give it to a church where I believe it is still going over 15 years later. That lead to my own on-line book business and prosperity since them. And even then I always had a place to stay, a car to drive, and money in my pocket and bank account.

Have you not read to seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things will be added to you?

If you seek do you not find?

I have so many stories about Him providing for me in incredible ways. One day I showed up at that bookstore I ran for Him and my car broke down. I was short on funds. Maybe I could afford about $700, but where was I going to get a car for that price? So what was I to do? I of course put that question to Him. He told me to go to the used car lot across the street. I looked over there and could not see a car less than $2,500, and most were well over four thousand. Still, He said so I went over there. I looked and looked and nothing under $2,000. So perplex and still wondering what to do I asked Him again, explaining to Him that I had looked all over the lot and nothing under $2,000. He reply via that calm still small voice of His "Look over there."

It is strange how He can sometime almost jerk you head and eyes to the exact spot He wants you to look at. You know this, right? Anyway, behind three cars in the back corner was a small economy car hiding in the dark. I looked but couldn't see the price, but I walked over there and there is was - $680 for a small 1992 Ford Fiesta. This was in 2002 I believe, so it was ten years old which is not too old. They pulled in out and it ran fine, so I had a car to go home in. And what was more interesting to me was that 10 years earlier I had bought that same model new. I had loved it. It got 35 - 40 miles per gal, had more power than you would think, and the insurance and repairs were cheap also.

When the day was over I concluded that the only way for that to happen was if He had pre-arraigned for that single very inexpensive car in the model I like to be available to me at the exact moment I needed it. Still, I would not have known if He had not opened my ears to His instructions, just like Elihu had explained to Job, Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar.

My friends, The Lord is going to take care of you if you just seek after Him and His Kingdom first. That doesn't mean that there won't be troubles enough for today, or that you won't be tested to help you remember to seek Him. And if you don't listen it is written that He will punish you in this life so that you will not be in the next. But the Lord didn't lie when He said those things we need will be added to us if we seek first the Kingdom of God, did He?

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean well, that was a long time ago, but super spiritual nonsence about faith being easy always gets a reaction.

May I suggest you start supporting a Christian agency helping perscuted Christians.
There stories will enable you to learn that faith is never easy.

Yes, I have helped Christian agency in helping prosecuted Christians in Ethopia, Israel, India, and other nations.

I hope you could share your personal experience with God.

Upvote 0