Positive Feedback from Jesus different than from people?

Souled In

May 18, 2012
New Orleans
✟7,625.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is pretty easy to agree that we all strive for positive feedback (relating to love as well as teaching styles), even though we know that stress is a necessary part of life. If we seek stress, we seek the positive feedback or affirmation that is a feeling of "doing the right thing," which although might put us in a stressful situation, it ultimately satisfies us at a deeper level.

My question is, what is the positive feedback, or love of Jesus Christ?

I know accepting my purpose through the scriptures and accepting Jesus is my savior and died on the cross for our salvation helps me finally get rid of the junk in my head that is distracting me from a "one true cause," but:

The big part about Jesus I seem to be distant from, or am having trouble with, is communicating like I would a normal human being, and receiving positive feedback or love from Him.

So, does it feel better? I've pretty much got to the point where I don't trust other humans very much, and that has been getting me in some trouble, so I really need to hunker down and do whatever I can to spiritually discipline myself. I have a lot of wisdom, except the part about "when to relax and enjoy life." It's like I hide from love.

Do I really need fellowship with other believers, or is Jesus enough?

Serious question, because I've never met someone that I didn't feel turned their back on me eventually, usually probably because I don't even have the social skills to express the wisdom I truly possess, about psychology (getting my masters in counseling), sociology (how easy it is to judge others without us as a society taking responsibility for raising them, including other religions), etc...

Sure I could go pay for counseling or something, but, does God/ Jesus really want me to PAY for love?

Sure I might counsel with my license, but isn't there something fundamentally wrong with that necessity?

Do I really need a stronger relationship with God, or do I need a stronger relationship with people?

Are they different feelings?

One last question before you answer: If I have to go through Jesus to get to God, then why does it feel so good when I think of myself talking to God directly?

As you can see I'm sort of a pain in the butt..

bling

Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟794,962.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
These question might work better with a pray partner, then on line.

We do not Love people to be Loved back (that would be conditional love), even though it has been shown those that accept Godly type Love as a free unconditional gift (as Charity) will Love back even greater. Not everyone wants to be Loved unconditionally and are not willing to accept your unconditional Love (you have to have another motive), so they will not love you back and could try to take advantage of you.

Jesus is God here on earth and God is Love, so you need to see Jesus (Love) in others and get close to them. They can be your counselor on earth if Jesus is living in and through them.

Upvote 0

Isatis

Disciple of Christ
Sep 12, 2011
✟21,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know accepting my purpose through the scriptures and accepting Jesus is my savior and died on the cross for our salvation helps me finally get rid of the junk in my head that is distracting me from a "one true cause,
Can you expand on that, please?

Do I really need fellowship with other believers, or is Jesus enough?
you need both

Do I really need a stronger relationship with God, or do I need a stronger relationship with people?
both :)

One last question before you answer: If I have to go through Jesus to get to God, then why does it feel so good when I think of myself talking to God directly?
Jesus Himself taught us to pray to the Father (Matthew 6:9-15). Or did I misunderstand your question?

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Its good to have fellowship with believers because their your brothers and sisters in Christ.
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I don't mean that if you go to church a bell rings and God writes it down. The point is helping each other out. If you want friends, be friendly-thats a Proverb. Sometimes its a matter of finding a church your the most comfortable at but please don't go to a christian country club church were the gospel is watered down.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Souled In. Jesus told us in Matthew: 1) Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 2) Love thy neighbour as thyself."
It is Love what Jesus wants from us, freely given and no conditions tagged on.
Everything we say, or do, or advise, or even stand for, should from Love and Compassion. Jesus told Nicodemus: "Ye must be born again," and the Bible keeps telling us: " Repent," change from being selfish and unloving to:
Loving God with all our beings, and loving our neighbour as we love ourselves. God is Love, and Jesus died out of Love for God and Mankind.
God wants loving children/sons and daughters. Jesus will give us His Love and Joy, and the Holy Spirit will empower us with His Love. Love is a
Christian`s great weapon, Love will overcome all enmity and wrong-doings.
God will see our sincere efforts to love and care, and God will approve and bless us. Jesus our Saviour, will help and guide us back to where we came from, in fact: Jesus is The way.

Upvote 0