Oct 2, 2020
✟606,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The same party philosophy that permeates most places where crime is rampant. Like in The City of “brotherly love” in Pa.
The same is true of Seattle (what the street junkies call Freeattle) and surrounding areas. It keeps deteriorating further each year. Half the merchandise is now locked up behind glass at my local WalMart. But pretty soon, they'll probably just start smashing those glass doors.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Biden, just like the liberal politicians in Oregon are too soft on crime and are not supportive enough of law enforcement and this is the end result. Just saying.
It's fascinating to see small government conservatives who think the President is personally responsible for oil and gas prices, monetary policy and local law enforcement - while at the same time being a senile dotard who doesn't know what room he's in. Of course conservatives tend not to let consistency get in the way of a good narrative.
It wasn't the right who started all this defund the police garbage.
It was the right who embraced it whenever one off your heroes is committing crimes or under investigation, but again, consistency is a bug, not a feature for some.
That garbage started under Biden's watch.
Calls to "defund the police" started in summer 2020. I realize it's been 2 1/2 years since then, but (checks notes) Donald was President then.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hmmm... I was in a meeting at the hospital where I work and we had a cop in the meeting get insulted that the security camera sales representative referred to him as "Security" and said and I quote you, "I'm not security, I'm a cop and I have the right to shoot and kill you if I want and no one can stop me"?

So that's the kind of police officer I get to deal with on a daily basis.
Yeah, 100+ years of abusive, corrupt garbage being pawned off as police work and suddenly it’s the libs’ fault that everybody distrusts cops and wants them to pull back a bit.

You’d think the folks who see jackbooted thugs around every corner would be a little more sympathetic to the discontent aimed at the arm of the government most likely to abuse the citizenry.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, 100+ years of abusive, corrupt garbage being pawned off as police work and suddenly it’s the libs’ fault that everybody distrusts cops and wants them to pull back a bit.

You’d think the folks who see jackbooted thugs around every corner would be a little more sympathetic to the discontent aimed at the arm of the government most likely to abuse the citizenry.
Let’s all judge the police with cheap, lowlife, propaganda rhetoric. Just like there are bad soldiers within the military, there are bad cops also but to condemn entire institutions is really low.

It might be right to remember police officers killed in the line of duty. Most were not “jack booted thugs “.

For ex.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Let’s all judge the police with cheap, lowlife, propaganda rhetoric. Just like there are bad soldiers within the military, there are bad cops also but to condemn entire institutions is really low.

It might be right to remember police officers killed in the line of duty. Most were not “jack booted thugs “.

For ex.

No, no, if the institutions weren’t also rotten, you wouldn’t have the widespread, systemic issues that we see. Power corrupts and power protects itself. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t good individuals within those systems, but it’s false to attribute the problems solely to individual bad actors.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Hmmm... I was in a meeting at the hospital where I work and we had a cop in the meeting get insulted that the security camera sales representative referred to him as "Security" and said and I quote you, "I'm not security, I'm a cop and I have the right to shoot and kill you if I want and no one can stop me"?

For ex.

No one disregards the lives of the valiant officers who died in the line-of-duty, the alleged human being you’re going to bat for, thinks himself 007, (licensed to unalive).

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
No, no, if the institutions weren’t also rotten, you wouldn’t have the widespread, systemic issues that we see. Power corrupts and power protects itself. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t good individuals within those systems, but it’s false to attribute the problems solely to individual bad actors.
Where are the conservatives and libertarians?
This is primetime for them to champion privatizing the police forces.
Gee, won’t it be swell when we bring to free market to the role of policing our nation?
Contract goes to lowest bidder who already hasn’t cost us $$$ in settlements for “abuses”.
Then ‘we the people’ will police-the-police with a true meritocracy with the best cops getting bonuses and rewards. If police are from “private companies” their their corporate-policies would essentially be the law.
This is what Ayn Rand gets ya.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
A lot of government workers are military-trained. They do not train you to kill. They want you to disable people. But they do show you how and give YOU the option of doing serious harm to others. I understand some people can not use a gun and are lucky to hit the target at all. But people that know what they are doing can place a bullet exactly where they want to do exactly what they want to do with surgical precision. They call that a sharpshooter. People have a choice in how much harm and injury they want to inflict on others. Of course, as Christians, we are to love our enemy. There are guns and gun violence in hospitals. That is what they do is patch people up. So you may need a cop that is trained to deal with the violence that gets into hospitals. Our mayor wanted to hire more police and I suggest that maybe he should use the money to better train the ones we already have. Next time they get cocky with a gun ask them if they know how to use it and if they could hit the broad side of a barn if push came to shove. They may be good with it they may not.

I have had people threaten me with a gun and I usually start up a conversation with them about their gun. They love their gun and they love talking about all the details. Next thing you know we are best of friends and they will even hand me the gun so I can look at it to see for myself. I may start off with oh that is nice. Does it have any ammo in it? How do you put the ammo in that thing? Don't let people intimate you, just distract them. What I love are the videos that show you how to take a weapon away from someone. Which actually is very easy to do. There is only one rule. Don't tell them what you are going to do. People can be animals and animals only attack when they sense fear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If police are from “private companies”
Police should be under control of a mayor and a police chief. They just had a situation in Chicago, where the police were not doing their job so the people fired the mayor.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Where are the conservatives and libertarians?
This is primetime for them to champion privatizing the police forces.
Gee, won’t it be swell when we bring to free market to the role of policing our nation?
Contract goes to lowest bidder who already hasn’t cost us $$$ in settlements for “abuses”.
Then ‘we the people’ will police-the-police with a true meritocracy with the best cops getting bonuses and rewards. If police are from “private companies” their their corporate-policies would essentially be the law.
This is what Ayn Rand gets ya.
IME, the TrueBeliever Libertarians are rather inclined to distrust police, even if they don’t distrust enough to protest. It’s the conservatives who borrow from libertarianism when it’s convenient who are noticeably okay with this stuff.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟304,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's fascinating to see small government conservatives who think the President is personally responsible for oil and gas prices, monetary policy and local law enforcement - while at the same time being a senile dotard who doesn't know what room he's in. Of course conservatives tend not to let consistency get in the way of a good narrative.

It was the right who embraced it whenever one off your heroes is committing crimes or under investigation, but again, consistency is a bug, not a feature for some.

Calls to "defund the police" started in summer 2020. I realize it's been 2 1/2 years since then, but (checks notes) Donald was President then.
Compare gas prices when Trump was President to with Biden as President. Biden's true colors are obvious below.

Don't confuse the "far right" with the right in general. I certainly don't want to see the FBI destroyed and defunded. Just weed out the bad apples. It's the same with law enforcement in general. Although Donald Trump was still President during the summer of 2020, it was not Donald Trump and the Republicans who were leading the crusade to defund the police. That was primarily a Democrat lead mission with devastating results!

I don't look at Donald Trump as one of my heroes, but at least he is pro-America, unlike the Biden administration regime we have in place now who does not care about America! Have you checked inflation lately? How about the crime rate over the last 2 years? How about the wide open border and fentanyl deaths? How about the worst division I have ever seen in America in my lifetime when Biden promised unity? How about the woke movement and the sexual perversion that has been shoved down everyone's throat, including our children? This all really comes down to a spiritual battle for the souls of men and women and for the heart and soul of America.

In regards to committing crime, Liz Harrington has some strong words to say about the two-tiered justice system we have in America. Wow! That article may ruffle your feathers.

You can say what you want about Donald Trump and hate on him all you want, but the biggest threat to America is NOT Donald Trump or conservatives. The biggest threat to America is the radical left and they are in the process of destroying America as we speak!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our mayor wanted to hire more police and I suggest that maybe he should use the money to better train the ones we already have.
That's a really good idea.
People can be animals and animals only attack when they sense fear.
Well, people are animals, for better or worse. You clearly haven't spent much time around dogs, cats and other predators. Cats don't care whether a mouse is afraid or not, they just want to have fun. They will pounce on anything that moves.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Biden or that actor they hired to pretend he was Biden?
The Conspiracy Theory forum is over there --->
Compare gas prices when Trump was President to with Biden as President. Biden's true colors are obvious below.

{snip}
I appreciate you posting those Fox News opinion pieces, but the fact is that Keystone XL had been in legal limbo for several years and wasn't going to be completed until 2024. Even when it was built, the gas would have been owned by Canada and for sale on the international market (as is all oil). There was a reduction in production due to Covid in 2020, but there was also a reduction in demand driving the price of oil and gasoline down. That downward pressure stopped when the vaccine and the decline of the Delta variant made it safe for people to go back to work, to shop and all the other things that caused an increase in demand for gasoline.

The production/demand imbalance remained an issue all through 2021 even as domestic production increased.
Oil per day.jpg

375,000 bbls a day is not that much less than we were producing in late 2019 before the market started falling apart.

Worth noting, in early 2022 when the price was starting to rise due to the war in Ukraine, the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas polled oil company CEOs. They expressed no interest in drilling more as they were trying to increase value for shareholders. The anger with President Biden was, as I said in my earlier post, completely misguided.
Fifty-nine percent of oil executives said investor pressure to maintain capital discipline is the primary reason publicly traded oil producers are restraining growth, according to a Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas survey released Wednesday.

For years, the boom-to-bust oil industry spent lavishly to fund all-out production growth. U.S. oil output skyrocketed, keeping prices low. Yet sustaining profits proved elusive. Hundreds of oil companies went bankrupt during multiple oil price crashes, leading investors to demand more restraint from energy CEOs.

Today, oil companies are under enormous pressure from Wall Street to return cash to shareholders through dividends and buybacks, instead of investing in badly needed supply.​

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Biden, just like the liberal politicians in Oregon are too soft on crime and are not supportive enough of law enforcement and this is the end result. Just saying.
Law enforcement might get more support if they quit murdering innocent people. Just saying.

It wasn't the right who started all this defund the police garbage. That garbage started under Biden's watch.
Remind me again who was President in 2020?

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Compare gas prices when Trump was President to with Biden as President.
Why are you against the markets determining price?
Have you checked inflation lately?
Why are you against the markets determining price?
How about the crime rate over the last 2 years? How about the wide open border and fentanyl deaths? How about the worst division I have ever seen in America in my lifetime when Biden promised unity? How about the woke movement and the sexual perversion that has been shoved down everyone's throat, including our children?
Do you have any questions that relate to the real world, as opposed to things that are nonexistent?

You can say what you want about Donald Trump and hate on him all you want, but the biggest threat to America is NOT Donald Trump or conservatives. The biggest threat to America is the radical left and they are in the process of destroying America as we speak!
Saying something doesn't make it true.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0