Pennsylvania, USA
✟745,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Walmart is getting out of Portland, Oregon because of theft and lack of law enforcement. This city is a prime example of Democrat Party poverty creation, poverty perpetuation, & political control. There is always a problem, someone else to blame, and false social concerns over those impacted by the economic fallout.

The NY Post points out the reason for the closures:

The Portland demopravda media reports on Walmart’s decision in dry business rationales divorced from the main reason: crime. They already focus on the impact of the closures on the needy and ignore why access to needed goods & services breaks down to begin with.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Portland is the home of Antifa, and run by the far left - whether it's because of crime or because Walmart is not popular in super far left areas, (paying more at Target is popular with the left) it is telling that every single Walmart within Portland City limits is now closed.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟99,357.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
It is not just walmart if I'm not mistaken. I have read in other news some time back that most retails in Portland are shuttered permanently due to high crime rate as well. The problem is the police won't act because the state prosecutor won't bother most of the times. This level of shoplifting and the non-enforcement of law will never be healthy for one in the long run.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Drug addiction is going through the roof and addicts are desperate to get anything they can to sell for drug money or barter for drugs. That includes all the porch pirating too. I see them everywhere nowadays. It's like a whole society.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟67,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Drug addiction is going through the roof
The people responsible are just getting slapped on the back of the hand. Everyone just wants in on the payola. I had a son die from Oxycontin but I was not qualified for the settlement because he had other drugs in his system. Just another legal loophole so the attorneys can keep more money for themselves. Even if they had given me a dollar, but that would have been an admission of guilt for what they did. He is in heaven now so everything is fine.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟67,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
This level of shoplifting and the non-enforcement of law will never be healthy for one in the long run.
Shoplifters close down a lot of businesses. They run off of a very narrow profit margin so they cannot afford the loss. They have to go out of business. They run a shopping service for drug dealers who can get stuff for fifty cents on the dollar. I have been told that prostitutes work for a lot less if you pay them in drugs because their pimps keep most of their money and drugs is about all they get out of it anyways.

• Prayers
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟61,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to Biden's America!
How is Biden responsible for Oregon law enforcement and how a business does business in a particular state? I thought you conservatives were all for states rights...

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Walmart is getting out of Portland, Oregon because of theft and lack of law enforcement. This city is a prime example of Democrat Party poverty creation, poverty perpetuation, & political control. There is always a problem, someone else to blame, and false social concerns over those impacted by the economic fallout.

The NY Post points out the reason for the closures:

The Portland demopravda media reports on Walmart’s decision in dry business rationales divorced from the main reason: crime. They already focus on the impact of the closures on the needy and ignore why access to needed goods & services breaks down to begin with.

There is no "Democrat party". The name of it is the Democratic Party.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟301,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is Biden responsible for Oregon law enforcement and how a business does business in a particular state? I thought you conservatives were all for states rights...
Biden, just like the liberal politicians in Oregon are too soft on crime and are not supportive enough of law enforcement and this is the end result. Just saying. It wasn't the right who started all this defund the police garbage. That garbage started under Biden's watch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Portland is the home of Antifa, and run by the far left - whether it's because of crime or because Walmart is not popular in super far left areas, (paying more at Target is popular with the left) it is telling that every single Walmart within Portland City limits is now closed.
No. Portland is home to Rose City Antifa, only, and is not run by the far left - they run themselves.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It wasn't the right who started all this defend the police garbage.
It seems as though the right have now abandoned defending the police, at least on the national level.

And yes, I believe you actually meant "defund" not "defend". But isn't it the right who call for defunding the national police, aka the FBI?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟745,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The same party philosophy that permeates most places where crime is rampant. Like in The City of “brotherly love” in Pa.

They neglect law and order then cry crocodile tears over underserved communities of their own creation then blame others.
It is a nothing party whatever it is designated as.

I always hear how much they allegedly care for people but in my local area ( Northeast Pa. US)they have done things like this:

Or on the environment:

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟61,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Biden, just like the liberal politicians in Oregon are too soft on crime and are not supportive enough of law enforcement and this is the end result. Just saying. It wasn't the right who started all this defund the police garbage. That garbage started under Biden's watch.
Hmmm... I was in a meeting at the hospital where I work and we had a cop in the meeting get insulted that the security camera sales representative referred to him as "Security" and said and I quote you, "I'm not security, I'm a cop and I have the right to shoot and kill you if I want and no one can stop me"?

So that's the kind of police officer I get to deal with on a daily basis.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟301,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm... I was in a meeting at the hospital where I work and we had a cop in the meeting get insulted that the security camera sales representative referred to him as "Security" and said and I quote you, "I'm not security, I'm a cop and I have the right to shoot and kill you if I want and no one can stop me"?

So that's the kind of police officer I get to deal with on a daily basis.
That's sad and sounds like one of those bad apples I mentioned earlier. We cannot tolerate police brutality in America, but at the same time, we cannot defund the police and allow lawlessness to take root either. We need to keep things in balance.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟301,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The same party philosophy that permeates most places where crime is rampant. Like in The City of “brotherly love” in Pa.

They neglect law and order then cry crocodile tears over underserved communities of their own creation then blame others.

It is a nothing party whatever it is designated as.

I always hear how much they allegedly care for people but in my local area ( Northeast Pa. US)they have done things like this:

Or on the environment:

Well said! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟61,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That's sad and sounds like one of those bad apples I mentioned earlier. We cannot tolerate police brutality in America, but at the same time, we cannot defund the police and allow lawlessness to take root either. We need to keep things in balance.
I agree, but when it comes to defunding the police, I'm in support of changing how our emergency responders deal with things. For example, there is a case of a mentally unstable man who was killed by the police in a five hour stand-off with a guy with a knife. The police commander in charge of the situation refused to allow mental health professionals to try to talk the man down. I'll have to find the article again.

Upvote 0