Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good for you. I myself, would not only avoid Portland, I will never set foot inside Oregon. Or Washington; and most definitely not California. There is obviously something in the water out there that turns people into The Walking Progressives.

View attachment 282518
Sounds like you’d fit in well in eastern Oregon. They wear a lot of cammo and hate progressives too!

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So this Mayor thinks that if Trump didn't use a film like this the people of course would just vote Democrat? Their homes or businesses would be destroyed but the thought wouldn't even occur to them to allow their votes to go another direction?

He also seem to be under the impression that rioters are Biden supporters.

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This thread isn’t about Seattle or Chaz. There is no “Chaz” happening in Portland. You don’t actually have any knowledge of “mob wrath” in Portland. You don’t have any evidence of fear of “mob wrath.”

People are fighting the police, not businesses or other Portlanders. The only people who may be afraid of protesters are Proud Boy types. Portland is very much supportive of this movement and we’re pretty much all on the same “side,” for justice and against the police.
Okay. If that is what you want to believe so that you can guiltlessly continue down that primrose path with your antifa comrades, go ahead, dear.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like you’d fit in well in eastern Oregon. They wear a lot of cammo and hate progressives too!

I wear camo from time to time, but not to impress anybody. I open carry a .40 caliber automatic pistol on a daily basis; that should be impressive enough for those who want to cause trouble. As for "progressives", I don't hate them, but I do believe they are vastly, vastly misguided. And I do (regretfully) believe that eventually, the conservatives and the "progressives" are going to have to make a split and form two different countries, because it will be impossible for them to live with each other.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I wear camo from time to time, but not to impress anybody. I open carry a .40 caliber automatic pistol on a daily basis; that should be impressive enough for those who want to cause trouble. As for "progressives", I don't hate them, but I do believe they are vastly, vastly misguided. And I do (regretfully) believe that eventually, the conservatives and the "progressives" are going to have to make a split and form two different countries, because it will be impossible for them to live with each other.

Well, there's a "black national anthem" now, so it looks like that separate country may already be on the way.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I didn’t say they were avoiding the whole city. Just that area. And you obviously have not been seeing the video on my news feed over the last few years.
You said “They stopped going to downtown Portland a few years ago because of these black clad scum were always out harassing people”

So now I’m not sure what is true. Two blocks, or downtown Portland?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Okay. If that is what you want to believe so that you can guiltlessly continue down that primrose path with your antifa comrades, go ahead, dear.
I live here. My beliefs come from first hand knowledge and experience. And you can verify the things I say by looking at local publications, twitter, social media, The Portland subreddit. It’s easy to see that Portlanders (not suburbanites, mind you) are widely supportive of the BLM movement and are not happy with the police. You’ll also find, if you read any local rags or follow Portland on social media, that we aren’t afraid of Antifa or anarchists. The only people that fear the far leftist are far-right groups and suburbanites/rural types that don’t live here. Antifa has never hurt or even to my knowledge bothered anyone but the police and fascists.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, yes, that evil little "Proud Boy" old lady.

You mean they are cowed by the mob.
I get that you imagine that you would be afraid of said “mob,” buts that’s because conservative media has depicted them in a way to make them seem scarier than they are. It’s the police who have assaulted and harassed citizens here. Antifa types often annoy us but they aren’t considered dangerous.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I live here. My beliefs come from first hand knowledge and experience. And you can verify the things I say by looking at local publications, twitter, social media, The Portland subreddit. It’s easy to see that Portlanders (not suburbanites, mind you) are widely supportive of the BLM movement and are not happy with the police. You’ll also find, if you read any local rags or follow Portland on social media, that we aren’t afraid of Antifa or anarchists. The only people that fear the far leftist are far-right groups and suburbanites/rural types that don’t live here. Antifa has never hurt or even to my knowledge bothered anyone but the police and fascists.

Must be a lovely view, from that buble you're in...

Not trying to bust it, but...

...um, has anyone told you that your mayor, the wonderful Mr. Wheeler has recently grown a backbone and finally decided to tell your antifas that they are going too far? Or was that considered fake news in your bubble?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two businesses were interviewed, both expressed support for the movement. And of the $23 mil claimed as damage from rioting, $18 mil is loss of revenue. That loss of revenue is largely due to COVID. It’s the hotels that are genuinely being affected by the protests downtown, because people from out of town think downtown Portland is “a war zone” due to media coverage of two city blocks. Locals don’t have much desire to be inside retail stores or restaurants right now anywhere in town, due to COVID.
This seems to suggest differently.

The BLM movement you support was at one time very respectable. But it has devolved into something evil. The name of George Floyd has been forever tarnished and drug through the mud by the very people who claim to be seeking justice for.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Antifa types often annoy us but they aren’t considered dangerous.
That is because they are using your group as cover for their illegal activities. Too bad they have completely hijacked the BLM movement and turned it into a Marxist revolution. They are no threat to you because you are a means to their ends. Once you figure that out, they will come after you too.

• Agree
Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is because they are using your group as cover for their illegal activities. Too bad they have completely hijacked the BLM movement and turned it into a Marxist revolution. They are no threat to you because you are a means to their ends. Once you figure that out, they will come after you too.
I’m far more of a Marxist than a capitalist myself. That bogeyman doesn’t scare me. Yes, many of them they do want a Marxist revolution. The anarchists want a different kind of revolution. And they don’t have anywhere near enough people on their side to be successful. You really need to stop giving such a small group so much power in your head, your imagination is running wild.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Must be a lovely view, from that buble you're in...

Not trying to bust it, but...

...um, has anyone told you that your mayor, the wonderful Mr. Wheeler has recently grown a backbone and finally decided to tell your antifas that they are going too far? Or was that considered fake news in your bubble?
What bubble is that bursting? Wheelers stance hasn’t changed. Before the feds were here it was his police force that was abusing and tear gassing protesters nightly.

The last sign I carried In a march read “Teargaslight Ted: Resign!” We’ll be voting him out in November.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This seems to suggest differently.

The BLM movement you support was at one time very respectable. But it has devolved into something evil. The name of George Floyd has been forever tarnished and drug through the mud by the very people who claim to be seeking justice for.
Is that it? A few tables damaged? A man with BLM all over his stuff saying the bad protesters should cut it out? Seems to support what I’ve been saying all along.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there a contradiction in my comments I’m not aware of? Please point it out of so. Is that your only response to me showing your two conflicting statements?

I will take that as an indication that you are incapable of answering the question. Which somehow does not surprise me.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will take that as an indication that you are incapable of answering the question. Which somehow does not surprise me.
I stand by both things you quoted me as saying, where’s the contradiction? And you haven’t explained whether it’s just 2 blocks, or downtown Portland.

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’m far more of a Marxist than a capitalist myself. That bogeyman doesn’t scare me. Yes, many of them they do want a Marxist revolution. The anarchists want a different kind of revolution. And they don’t have anywhere near enough people on their side to be successful. You really need to stop giving such a small group so much power in your head, your imagination is running wild.

Finally, the cover and pretense are off. I was right to refer to those antifas as your 'comrades" earlier, I know a propagandist when I see one.

For a comrade like you, spending time on a Christian website is part of spreading the revolution. Marxism doesn't believe in racial identity (or at the very least, subjugates racial identity to the forces of class and production), but for the purpose of destabilizing and ultimately overthrow the US government and establish a marxism dictature, it is expedient to utilize and fan racial tensions, and for now BLM movement is the perfect trojan horse, isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Xenophon
Upvote 0