Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah my wife has a friend that moved to a rural area near Portland shortly before Trump was elected. They stopped going to downtown Portland a few years ago because of these black clad scum were always out harassing people. And yes that has been in the news the last four years. So whatever business is down there has lost their business before the recent riots, which by the way is an escalation of what has been happening for years. The “peaceful protestors” were what gave the little anarchists the cover to do what they are doing now.
So.. I worked in downtown Portland for 9 years and after that, until COVID hit went there for work 2-3 times a week and was never harassed by black-clad people. It’s an incredibly thriving downtown which tourists love and, pre-COVID, was generally full of people. Can you explain in more detail what your wife’s friend was talking about? Portland has long been considered a very safe city to walk around in and I’ve never seen or feared violence on the street, with the exception of the occasional mentally homeless person, but they just yell.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting video about these groups in Portland over the last few years.
Thanks for posting that expose! This is the type of in-depth reporting that people need to understand what Antifa and the Proud Boys are and one of the reasons Portland is a hotspot for clashes between the far left and far right.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So.. I worked in downtown Portland for 9 years and after that, until COVID hit went there for work 2-3 times a week and was never harassed by black-clad people. It’s an incredibly thriving downtown which tourists love and, pre-COVID, was generally full of people. Can you explain in more detail what your wife’s friend was talking about? Portland has long been considered a very safe city to walk around in and I’ve never seen or feared violence on the street, with the exception of the occasional mentally homeless person, but they just yell.
Just that one area. I don’t know where it is in Portland but I recognize the same streets in the videos. Time frame: In-between the leftist and rightist brawls after Trump got elected and this situation.
She would often comment on them and said she and her husband now just avoid that area. And that area does have businesses on a couple of the streets.
So your saying what we saw in literally a hundred different videos of black clad young people intimidating and harassing people was not real?

Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you really believe the businesses interviewed are going to risk mob wrath by expressing non support for the movement?

Just like in Seattle CHAZ, the businesses when interviewed had to express support for the movement, but privately, it was another matter.
Lol. No, that’s ridiculous. There is no “mob wrath” happening here, and the businesses could have said nothing about supporting the movement. You can’t just make stuff up.

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lol. No, that’s ridiculous. There is no “mob wrath” happening here, and the businesses could have said nothing about supporting the movement. You can’t just make stuff up.
No mob wrath? Ok.

You might want to tell your comrades that the gig is up. Most Americans can see what is going on.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The conflict between police and protesters happens very late at night. So why would anyone need to walk through it to visit a business? There are no businesses open at that time anywhere near where the conflict is. And there are zero businesses in the two blocks that are affected by the courthouse. It’s all federal buildings on the blocks adjacent and parks across the street.
Thats what I thought. I didn't see many business near the court house.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thats what I thought. I didn't see many business near the court house.

I googled portland residential area, and came up with protestors making their way though residential areas. It's more than the courthouse.

Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw the videos of some older ladies earlier this week, but was unsure of the context. I found a news clip saying they came outside to stop them from attacking the building they live in. They went after them. These people take away from any message the protestors during the day are trying to promote.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just that one area. I don’t know where it is in Portland but I recognize the same streets in the videos. Time frame: In-between the leftist and rightist brawls after Trump got elected and this situation.
She would often comment on them and said she and her husband now just avoid that area. And that area does have businesses on a couple of the streets.
So your saying what we saw in literally a hundred different videos of black clad young people intimidating and harassing people was not real?
It’s literally just two blocks. And no, there are no businesses in those two blocks. There is a coffee shop close by, which closes well before any clashes occur. The parks across the street, before the recent events, were generally filled with regular people hanging out. They weren’t considered dangerous at all. Those parks are a spot where rallies of all sorts take place, so yes when there have been clashes with proud boys etc., some have happened there but that’s maybe a few days a year. I just don’t believe anyone would avoid a whole city because of two blocks.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I saw the videos of some older ladies earlier this week, but was unsure of the context. I found a news clip saying they came outside to stop them from attacking the building they live in. They went after them. These people take away from any message the protestors during the day are trying to promote.

That’s at the police station. not a residential building.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No mob wrath? Ok.

You might want to tell your comrades that the gig is up. Most Americans can see what is going on.
You can’t even provide evidence of this “mob wrath.” But I get that some people in our country fall for conspiracy theories quite easily.
CC946649-3B95-47D2-9D3F-9E8E5E37A69B.jpeg

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can’t even provide evidence of this “mob wrath.” But I get that some people in our country fall for conspiracy theories quite easily.
View attachment 282512
Business are in terror of the mob wrath, so they sure are not going to stick their neck out and say they disapprove of the protests. So I am sorry I cannot provide you evidence of this mob wrath.

But if you look at Seattle where the businesses were supposedly approving of CHAZ, after the city finally took down this illegal occupation, dozens of businesses have filed lawsuits against the city, and in the filing they even have to be careful to say that they support the anti-racist and anti police brutality of the message, while at the same time suing the city for allowing CHAZ, LOL. They felt the need to cover themselves even while filing a lawsuit.
Local businesses sue Seattle for ‘enabling’ chaotic CHAZ encampment that led to ‘rampant violence’

If they so approved of CHAZ, why would they even sue the city in the first place?

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
View attachment 282512
And I bet later on, there will be lawsuits filed against the city of Portland and the derelict Mayor who is finally getting his behind in gears, for allowing the rioters to take over for so long. And I am pretty sure they will also cover their their hide by saying that they support the message of the protest, just to avoid mob wrath.

You are living in your activist bubble. It is plain obvious that you have no connection to business owners and do not have any real and honest conversation with business owners in the area. I still have friends in Portland who cue me in on what's happening, most of them are true dyed in the wool liberals and even they are concerned and uneasy with the hard left there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just don’t believe anyone would avoid a whole city because of two blocks.

Good for you. I myself, would not only avoid Portland, I will never set foot inside Oregon. Or Washington; and most definitely not California. There is obviously something in the water out there that turns people into The Walking Progressives.

zombies.jpg

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Business are in terror of the mob wrath, so they sure are not going to stick their neck out and say they disapprove of the protests. So I am sorry I cannot provide you evidence of this mob wrath.

But if you look at Seattle where the businesses were supposedly approving of CHAZ, after the city finally took down this illegal occupation, dozens of businesses have filed lawsuits against the city, and in the filing they even have to be careful to say that they support the anti-racist and anti police brutality of the message, while at the same time suing the city for allowing CHAZ, LOL. They felt the need to cover themselves even while filing a lawsuit.
Local businesses sue Seattle for ‘enabling’ chaotic CHAZ encampment that led to ‘rampant violence’

If they so approved of CHAZ, why would they even sue the city in the first place?
This thread isn’t about Seattle or Chaz. There is no “Chaz” happening in Portland. You don’t actually have any knowledge of “mob wrath” in Portland. You don’t have any evidence of fear of “mob wrath.”

People are fighting the police, not businesses or other Portlanders. The only people who may be afraid of protesters are Proud Boy types. Portland is very much supportive of this movement and we’re pretty much all on the same “side,” for justice and against the police.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It’s literally just two blocks. And no, there are no businesses in those two blocks. There is a coffee shop close by, which closes well before any clashes occur. The parks across the street, before the recent events, were generally filled with regular people hanging out. They weren’t considered dangerous at all. Those parks are a spot where rallies of all sorts take place, so yes when there have been clashes with proud boys etc., some have happened there but that’s maybe a few days a year. I just don’t believe anyone would avoid a whole city because of two blocks.
I didn’t say they were avoiding the whole city. Just that area. And you obviously have not been seeing the video on my news feed over the last few years.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single