Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So this Mayor thinks that if Trump didn't use a film like this the people of course would just vote Democrat? Their homes or businesses would be destroyed but the thought wouldn't even occur to them to allow their votes to go another direction?
You know as liberal as Portland is that is not beyond a reasonable fact.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Left coasters...
Yeah, I live on the left coast.

You still haven’t said which small businesses are being “destroyed and looted.”
Am I right that you don’t actually know of small businesses being destroyed and looted in a Portland?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are there any business there? Or is it all government buildings? The Home Town Buffet seems like the only business around.
Lol where is “there?” I think there’s a hometown buffet out on 82nd somewhere.

• Informative
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No one is going to entrust the people who did that to do anything. Nor are those people building anything, let alone a new world.

I deal with the people who are in the process of building the 'new world'...and it's frightening. :eek:

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Portland and Oregon in general has been a place for progressive liberalism for around a century now. They vehemently opposed our entry into WWII. Flung fits about it the whole time we were fighting too.

Of course the other military actions since were met with hostility.

I'm thinking that there's something in the water there. (Columbia River)

Currently the city has huge docks for shipping from China, Japan, and India. (Oil from Russia goes to Alaska and into the pipeline). The dockworkers union is still extremely strong and the dockworkers make huge salaries for the work they do. There's a long waiting list to even join that union.

Then there's the sport fishing and camping and logging industry there...very huge part of the local economy.

The social dynamics of that city are strange in comparison to the rest of the Nation.

You can catch a bus to anywhere in the city.

I heard it's the Wiccan capital too .

• Agree
Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Police station? East side. Go ahead and explain the war zone...
I was hoping you could share your point of view. The war zone has been "explained" on the news and social media.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was hoping you could share your point of view. The war zone has been "explained" on the news and social media.
The conflict between police and protesters happens very late at night. So why would anyone need to walk through it to visit a business? There are no businesses open at that time anywhere near where the conflict is. And there are zero businesses in the two blocks that are affected by the courthouse. It’s all federal buildings on the blocks adjacent and parks across the street.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Portland business have no idea what they are talking about.
Two businesses were interviewed, both expressed support for the movement. And of the $23 mil claimed as damage from rioting, $18 mil is loss of revenue. That loss of revenue is largely due to COVID. It’s the hotels that are genuinely being affected by the protests downtown, because people from out of town think downtown Portland is “a war zone” due to media coverage of two city blocks. Locals don’t have much desire to be inside retail stores or restaurants right now anywhere in town, due to COVID.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, people won't feel safe going down to Portland with boarded up windows, etc. People can claim the loss of revenue is largely Covid - and no doubt part of it is. Just like every other part of the country. On youtube they do interview more than 2 business owners - and support or not - that two block area is affecting them and others. If you have nuts attacking court houses, fires in parks, etc? I guess people can say it's only covid keeping people away, but it would disingenuous. We have friends that live there too, and it's not covid that is affected them and their neighbors.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, people won't feel safe going down to Portland with boarded up windows, etc. People can claim the loss of revenue is largely Covid - and no doubt part of it is. Just like every other part of the country. On youtube they do interview more than 2 business owners - and support or not - that two block area is affecting them and others. If you have nuts attacking court houses, fires in parks, etc? I guess people can say it's only covid keeping people away, but it would disingenuous. We have friends that live there too, and it's not covid that is affected them and their neighbors.
Yeah my wife has a friend that moved to a rural area near Portland shortly before Trump was elected. They stopped going to downtown Portland a few years ago because of these black clad scum were always out harassing people. And yes that has been in the news the last four years. So whatever business is down there has lost their business before the recent riots, which by the way is an escalation of what has been happening for years. The “peaceful protestors” were what gave the little anarchists the cover to do what they are doing now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Two businesses were interviewed, both expressed support for the movement. And of the $23 mil claimed as damage from rioting, $18 mil is loss of revenue. That loss of revenue is largely due to COVID. It’s the hotels that are genuinely being affected by the protests downtown, because people from out of town think downtown Portland is “a war zone” due to media coverage of two city blocks. Locals don’t have much desire to be inside retail stores or restaurants right now anywhere in town, due to COVID.
Do you really believe the businesses interviewed are going to risk mob wrath by expressing non support for the movement?

Just like in Seattle CHAZ, the businesses when interviewed had to express support for the movement, but privately, it was another matter.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah my wife has a friend that moved to a rural area near Portland shortly before Trump was elected. They stopped going to downtown Portland a few years ago because of these black clad scum were always out harassing people. And yes that has been in the news the last four years. So whatever business is down there has lost their business before the recent riots, which by the way is an escalation of what has been happening for years. The “peaceful protestors” were what gave the little anarchists the cover to do what they are doing now.
Interesting video about these groups in Portland over the last few years.

• Informative
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know Portland well, having lived there for a certain amount of time. Liberal/progressist city to an extreme. It used to be a decent to great place to live, but the extreme progressivism has created a terrible homeless and drug addict population in many parts of the city.

Lately, with the Mayor's tolerance of Antifa's which has led to the current explosive situation, Portland is truly coming to a fork in the road. Either it continues down the path of reckless anarchism and chaos and professional protesters or it correct itself and reins its the excesses. I hope it corrects itself, there are great people there.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
  • Winner
Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status