• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

inappropriate contentography urges

Michelle1299

Jul 30, 2017
Lake Mary, Florida
✟8,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've been watching inappropriate contentography for about 3 years, and watching those videos 3-4 per week for last 6 months or so. I knew it was a problem and I need to stop. I read that after 21 days, you will think about it less. About a week or so ago, I prayed to God so that I could be relieved of my sexual immortality and my lustful urges. every time I would watch inappropriate content on any website, I would get aroused but after watching the video and being done I would just lay in bed for several minutes feeling dirty gross AND guilty. I didn't even know why I watched the videos, most of the time was because I was bored.

Its been about 2 weeks, and I no longer feel urges or experience lust. I feel that this will be better for future relationships.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your story sounds quite common. But it probably should be in the Struggles with Sexuality forum. inappropriate content is a definite problem, and can become quite addictive, especially if accompanied by masturbating.

Our pastor is currently in a series on being Set Free from stuff like that. Here is an indirect link (cannot do direct as linking sites that solicit funds is not permitted)

http://www.sonofdavid [dot] org/sermons/

You have my prayers.

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I've been watching inappropriate contentography for about 3 years, and watching those videos 3-4 per week for last 6 months or so. I knew it was a problem and I need to stop. I read that after 21 days, you will think about it less. About a week or so ago, I prayed to God so that I could be relieved of my sexual immortality and my lustful urges. every time I would watch inappropriate content on any website, I would get aroused but after watching the video and being done I would just lay in bed for several minutes feeling dirty gross AND guilty. I didn't even know why I watched the videos, most of the time was because I was bored.

Its been about 2 weeks, and I no longer feel urges or experience lust. I feel that this will be better for future relationships.

------

Sexual sin and temptation is very difficult once you allow the evil to get a foot hold, but with God's help He's managed to get me through my temptation and I've become more and more controlled because of Him.

Basically it comes down to "do you love Jesus Christ more than the lustful fantasies?"

Do you repent of the lustful fantasies? Do you want them? do you want to be cleansed and purified in Jesus Christ?

Do you want a Godly marriage?

Do you want to learn what God intended sex for?

Lust will lead to more and more depraved fantasies, there is no freedom when in bondage to sin.

Only in Christ Jesus is there freedom from the bondage sin causes.

He will set you free and forgive you, ask Him in repentance.

Remember satan perverts the truth.

The attraction to more evil in fantasies is an indication the sin is getting worse.

Flee from the enemy, take refuge in Jesus Christ.

--------

Pray to the Lord every night before bed.

"
Matthew 6:9-13

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."

Focus on Him through your temptations, keep praying to Him as you are tempted.

Pray to Him and show Him your desperation to overcome this sin, acknowledge that it doesn't bring you any peace and joy, and that He is the only one that can provide you with His fruits because He is the way the truth and the Life.

Do you love Lord Jesus more than your sin? Ask yourself this and pray to Him and believe you do love Him more and you want to overcome this sin so you can increase in love for Him, more and more and more, day after day after day.

Ask Him to deliver you from all evil, for He will do this.

It's going to be hard at first, but temptation does pass and He will get you through this and increase you, purify and cleans you always - when you confess and turn away from sin.

Remember He is faithful, confess your sins and He will forgive you!

And if you stumble He is there waiting for you to reach out to Him so He can stand you back up in forgiveness so you can fight the good fight another day.

Love Him, allow His word to enter your soul and spirit.

Keep feeding on His Word, which is eternal life and truth.

God bless you Michelle1299

You will overcome with Him.

Upvote 0