• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

inappropriate content

Emily Espinoza

Apr 7, 2020
Fort Lupton
✟7,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I have been together for 7 years married one. I have found my husband watching inappropriate content since the beginning of our relationship. In the beginning I didnt know how to act about it so I would ignore it. But then our sexual life would be dry for literally months. I got curious as to why and then begin to find that it was because he was watching inappropriate content. This hurt. He told me he wasnt having sex with me because he was lazy and it was easier that way. That hurt bad. I told him I didnt want him watching it. He at first said he will try to me finding him again to saying I wont for about 3 times more which has cause a lot of anxiety about him doing it all the time. I've lost trust. If hes a lone I'm the room, while I'm at work, goes to the bathroom, I'm continuosly thinking he is, which at this point he probably is,and now I'm numb. I'm beginning to think of how easy it will be if we just divorce and leave each other to our own desires. I give up. I am a raised Hispanic wife who gives everything to this man. Dinner made, house clean, laundry done lunches made everyday and now im just over it. I've tried to be "cool" and ask have you watched it? Just be honest blah blah and being told no to finding him over and over again. That lie is a slap in the face. I'm done. Am I wrong?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My husband and I have been together for 7 years married one. I have found my husband watching inappropriate content since the beginning of our relationship. In the beginning I didnt know how to act about it so I would ignore it. But then our sexual life would be dry for literally months. I got curious as to why and then begin to find that it was because he was watching inappropriate content. This hurt. He told me he wasnt having sex with me because he was lazy and it was easier that way. That hurt bad. I told him I didnt want him watching it. He at first said he will try to me finding him again to saying I wont for about 3 times more which has cause a lot of anxiety about him doing it all the time. I've lost trust. If hes a lone I'm the room, while I'm at work, goes to the bathroom, I'm continuosly thinking he is, which at this point he probably is,and now I'm numb. I'm beginning to think of how easy it will be if we just divorce and leave each other to our own desires. I give up. I am a raised Hispanic wife who gives everything to this man. Dinner made, house clean, laundry done lunches made everyday and now im just over it. I've tried to be "cool" and ask have you watched it? Just be honest blah blah and being told no to finding him over and over again. That lie is a slap in the face. I'm done. Am I wrong?
You are not wrong at all. inappropriate content is damaging in a myriad of ways. Your husband has a problem but your husband has to want to fix it.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your husband is unfaithful to you finding his satisfaction with others instead of you. i would tell him that unless he seriously battles this addiction with the Lord and in truthfulness and comes whole heartedly back to you, that you will divorce him for breaking the seventh commandment. The Lord Jesus says you can!

Peace.

Upvote 0

Emily Espinoza

Apr 7, 2020
Fort Lupton
✟7,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your husband is unfaithful to you finding his satisfaction with others instead of you. i would tell him that unless he seriously battles this addiction with the Lord and in truthfulness and comes whole heartedly back to you, that you will divorce him for breaking the seventh commandment. The Lord Jesus says you can!

Peace.
Thank you

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
When married watching inappropriate content alone is not a good idea. But it can help if people watch it together. Find something that you both can enjoy. Some couples use it to get both of them in the mood. You might try that. If your husband thinks that he can watch inappropriate content and that you cannot there is something seriously wrong with him.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You are not wrong at all. inappropriate content is damaging in a myriad of ways. Your husband has a problem but your husband has to want to fix it.
Sometimes. There are also many positive aspects to inappropriate content. Like any other form of entertainment it can be abused.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like he has an addiction, and should be approached as such. That doesn't mean he doesn't still love, need, want, or care for you. Keep in mind that if you leave, you aren't fixing the problem, rather just making more time and excuses for him to get hooked further. The only thing it solves is removing you personally from the situation.

Reactions: siralex172
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
inappropriate contentography is an addiction. You are not wrong, even if you decide to divorce him. To me inappropriate content is literally infidelity with another woman, so I don't think you are wrong leaving him. But realize that in his next relationship he has a 50% greater chance of getting another divorce. You can just leave him, or you can help him. But only if he wants help. If he doesn't want it, and likes his sin, just leave. But if he is embarrassed and ashamed, and feels guilty....then you can work with that. That means he is fighting it, but just losing the battle. Eventually people give up entirely on addiction and embrace it. At that point, he is a gonner. But I suggest reading some of my thread on trafficking, it also has some entire seminars on inappropriate content from a secular standpoint and even some material from other christian standpoints.

most people don't know that the girls they see on the screen, many of them are underage, stating they are legal age, many of them are kidnapped an in a trafficking circle I would not be suprised if your guy was getting off on a teen girl 14 years old, and possibly trafficked. Many times women in the video's are raped on camera, or pretending to rape them. If soft core does not do it's job they get more and more angry and evil. Introducing animals, kids, homo's you name it. Whatever they can to get over the plateau. That is all typical for an addiction. But anyway I talk more about it on my thread, feel free to read some of it, the more recent posts are at the end.

Human Trafficking; Be part of the solution, not part of the problem

God bless you dear sister, I am so sorry you have to go through this. I was addicted to inappropriate contentography for 30 years, five years ago I got free when I read a book called "pure desire" by ted roberts a marine fighter pilot.

(here is on free online seminar on inappropriate contentography from a medical perspective (not religious)) it requires you put in an email but it's free:
Watch - Brain Heart World

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ladies: do you know what the #1 cause of erectile disfunction in young men is? inappropriate content use. Look it up. Look up TMS with men. You want kids? Better make sure your BF isn't into inappropriate content. Not to mention he is cheating on you with an infinite amount of girls online.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shadowmaster23

Jun 29, 2020
Virginia
✟7,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Seek counseling. Divorce is harmful, not Christ's intention, and the absoloute last resort- it is a sinful creation from sinful man that the Bible describes as never being God's intention. Make your husband go get counseling, get it together, and address the pron specifically.

Upvote 0