Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't stop looking at inappropriate content, it's cheaper than dating and safer than a condom.

That being said, it's not a healthy alterative. If only I could be with the girl I'm so in love with.

Fishyjoe,

The reason you can't stop looking at inappropriate content is because it is designed to be a "brain-hack," but it gets billed and advertised as a form of healthy "free expression." It's nature is dubious. So, you're right. It isn't healthy, not mentally, socially, spiritually, or even sometimes physically.

"If only you could..." Yeah, well. That's the trick, isn't it? The difficult part is in coming to the realization that 1) you most likely won't get to be with any of those women you so ardently have a taste for, and 2) even if you do get one of "those women," you will have no guarantees that she will be a suitable partner for you in a long-term relationship, let alone in a marriage relationship. This isn't to say you can't find and marry a beautiful woman, but rather the women you think you want may not really be the women you think they are in real life. (Also, if one looks up videos on "youtube" cataloging inappropriate content stars without their makeup, one can take a gander at their "real" beauty ....)

So, don't let this media driven, social manifestation of Hugh Hefner's pipe-dream carry you too far along. It may take you to places you don't really want to go, fishyjoe. In the end, it becomes a form of self-torture for those who at the same time inwardly aspire to find God.

Moreover, you don't want it to lead to the following:

Video courtesy of XXX Church

You may also find it beneficial to see the following thread I created for some additional (important) considerations:
Dismantling the "PLAYBOY" philosophy embedded in our culture ...

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Uber Genius
Upvote 0

fishyjoe

Dec 23, 2016
Queensland, Australia
✟9,810.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Fishyjoe,

The reason you can't stop looking at inappropriate content is because it is designed to be a "brain-hack," but it gets billed and advertised as a form of healthy "free expression." It's nature is dubious. So, you're right. It isn't healthy, not mentally, socially, spiritually, or even sometimes physically.

"If only you could..." Yeah, well. That's the trick, isn't it? The difficult part is in coming to the realization that 1) you most likely won't get to be with any of those women you so ardently have a taste for, and 2) even if you do get one of "those women," you will have no guarantees that she will be a suitable partner for you in a long-term relationship, let alone in a marriage relationship. This isn't to say you can't find and marry a beautiful woman, but rather the women you think you want may not really be the women you think they are in real life. (See the following video and take a gander at the "real" beauty of various inappropriate content stars.)

So, don't let this media driven, social manifestation of Hugh Hefner's pipe-dream carry you too far along. It may take you to places you don't really want to go, fishyjoe. In the end, it becomes a form of self-torture for those who at the same time inwardly aspire to find God. Moreover, you don't want it to lead here:

Maybe also see the following thread I created for some additional (important) considerations:
Dismantling the "PLAYBOY" philosophy embedded in our culture ...

Peace,
2PhiloVoid
Peace.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I can't stop looking at inappropriate content, it's cheaper than dating and safer than a condom.

That being said, it's not a healthy alterative. If only I could be with the girl I'm so in love with.

It's not easy to stop, it changes your brain, flooding it with chemicals, like dopamine. Over time, the brain gets overwhelmed by the constant overload of chemicals and starts to build up a dependency to inappropriate contentography. As a result, the inappropriate content they were looking at in the beginning doesn’t seem as exciting, and many inappropriate content viewers go hunting for more inappropriate content or more hardcore inappropriate content to get the same rush. Eventually, the chemical release from regular healthy activities aren’t strong enough to register. This leaves the viewer feeling down or uneasy whenever they go for a while without watching inappropriate content. It can be a destructive spiral.

Many men (and women) have been caught in the snare of internet inappropriate content and find themselves helplessly addicted to its visual stimulation, resulting in uncontrollable lust, an inability to experience true sexual intimacy in marriage, and often intense feelings of guilt and despair. inappropriate contentography is the #1 cause of masturbation, sexual assault, and sexual deviancy. Most importantly, inappropriate contentography is offensive to God, and is therefore a sin that must be confessed, repented of, and overcome.

There are two primary aspects in the battle to overcome an addiction to internet inappropriate content: spiritual and practical. Spiritually, addiction to inappropriate contentography is a sin that God desires you to overcome and therefore will enable you to do so. The first step is to make sure you have genuinely placed your trust in Jesus Christ as your Savior. If you are unsure, please visit this page on salvation and forgiveness~~~> How can I be saved? . Without salvation through Jesus Christ, there is no possibility of a true and lasting victory over inappropriate contentography: “Apart from me, you can do nothing” (John 15:5).

If you are a believer in Christ and are struggling with an addiction to internet inappropriate content, there is hope and help for you! The power of the Holy Spirit is available to you (Ephesians 3:16). The cleansing of God’s forgiveness is available to you (1 John 1:9). The renewing capacity of God’s Word is at your disposal (Romans 12:1-2). Commit your mind and eyes to the Lord (1 John 2:16). Ask God to strengthen you and help you to overcome inappropriate contentography (Philippians 4:13). Ask God to protect you from further exposure to inappropriate content (1 Corinthians 10:13), and to fill your mind with things that are pleasing to Him (Philippians 4:8). These are all requests that God will honor and answer.

Practically speaking, there are numerous tools to combat an addiction to internet inappropriate contentography. There are good programs available at www.X3pure.com and www.inappropriate contentAddiction.com. There are several quality internet filtering programs that will completely block your computer from accessing inappropriate contentography, such as Covenant Eyes. Another fantastic tool is available at www.X3Watch.com. X3watch is accountability software. It tracks your internet browsing and sends a report of any objectionable websites you have visited to an accountability partner of your choosing. Your temptation to view internet inappropriate content would be greatly reduced if you knew your youth pastor, parent, friend, pastor, or spouse would receive a detailed report about it. There are also quite a few good books on overcoming inappropriate content addiction: Every Man's Battle: Winning the War on Sexual Purity One Victory at a Time by Stephen Arterburn, Pure Freedom: Breaking the Addiction to inappropriate contentography by Mike Cleveland, and The Game Plan by Joe Dallas.

Do not despair! An addiction to internet inappropriate content is not an “unforgivable sin.” God can and will forgive you. An addiction to internet inappropriate content is not an “unconquerable sin.” God can and will enable you to overcome it. Commit your mind and eyes to the Lord. Commit yourself to filling your mind with God’s Word (Psalm 119:11). Seek His help daily in prayer; ask Him to fill your mind with His truth and block unwanted thoughts and desires. Take the practical steps listed above to keep yourself accountable and block access to internet inappropriate content. “Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us” (Ephesians 3:20).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fishyjoe

Dec 23, 2016
Queensland, Australia
✟9,810.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
It's not easy to stop, it changes your brain, flooding it with chemicals, like dopamine. Over time, the brain gets overwhelmed by the constant overload of chemicals and starts to build up a dependency to inappropriate contentography. As a result, the inappropriate content they were looking at in the beginning doesn’t seem as exciting, and many inappropriate content viewers go hunting for more inappropriate content or more hardcore inappropriate content to get the same rush. Eventually, the chemical release from regular healthy activities aren’t strong enough to register. This leaves the viewer feeling down or uneasy whenever they go for a while without watching inappropriate content. It can be a destructive spiral.

Many men (and women) have been caught in the snare of internet inappropriate content and find themselves helplessly addicted to its visual stimulation, resulting in uncontrollable lust, an inability to experience true sexual intimacy in marriage, and often intense feelings of guilt and despair. inappropriate contentography is the #1 cause of masturbation, sexual assault, and sexual deviancy. Most importantly, inappropriate contentography is offensive to God, and is therefore a sin that must be confessed, repented of, and overcome.

There are two primary aspects in the battle to overcome an addiction to internet inappropriate content: spiritual and practical. Spiritually, addiction to inappropriate contentography is a sin that God desires you to overcome and therefore will enable you to do so. The first step is to make sure you have genuinely placed your trust in Jesus Christ as your Savior. If you are unsure, please visit this page on salvation and forgiveness~~~> How can I be saved? . Without salvation through Jesus Christ, there is no possibility of a true and lasting victory over inappropriate contentography: “Apart from me, you can do nothing” (John 15:5).

If you are a believer in Christ and are struggling with an addiction to internet inappropriate content, there is hope and help for you! The power of the Holy Spirit is available to you (Ephesians 3:16). The cleansing of God’s forgiveness is available to you (1 John 1:9). The renewing capacity of God’s Word is at your disposal (Romans 12:1-2). Commit your mind and eyes to the Lord (1 John 2:16). Ask God to strengthen you and help you to overcome inappropriate contentography (Philippians 4:13). Ask God to protect you from further exposure to inappropriate content (1 Corinthians 10:13), and to fill your mind with things that are pleasing to Him (Philippians 4:8). These are all requests that God will honor and answer.

Practically speaking, there are numerous tools to combat an addiction to internet inappropriate contentography. There are good programs available at www.X3pure.com and www.inappropriate contentAddiction.com. There are several quality internet filtering programs that will completely block your computer from accessing inappropriate contentography, such as Covenant Eyes. Another fantastic tool is available at www.X3Watch.com. X3watch is accountability software. It tracks your internet browsing and sends a report of any objectionable websites you have visited to an accountability partner of your choosing. Your temptation to view internet inappropriate content would be greatly reduced if you knew your youth pastor, parent, friend, pastor, or spouse would receive a detailed report about it. There are also quite a few good books on overcoming inappropriate content addiction: Every Man's Battle: Winning the War on Sexual Purity One Victory at a Time by Stephen Arterburn, Pure Freedom: Breaking the Addiction to inappropriate contentography by Mike Cleveland, and The Game Plan by Joe Dallas.

Do not despair! An addiction to internet inappropriate content is not an “unforgivable sin.” God can and will forgive you. An addiction to internet inappropriate content is not an “unconquerable sin.” God can and will enable you to overcome it. Commit your mind and eyes to the Lord. Commit yourself to filling your mind with God’s Word (Psalm 119:11). Seek His help daily in prayer; ask Him to fill your mind with His truth and block unwanted thoughts and desires. Take the practical steps listed above to keep yourself accountable and block access to internet inappropriate content. “Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us” (Ephesians 3:20).
How about I treat it like any addiction and bring the dosage down to an acceptable tolerance.
unnamed.gif

Upvote 0

R. J. Beverly

Jesus is coming, "He will gather", Isaiah 56:8.
Jun 15, 2016
Michigan USA
Visit site
✟9,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I just prayed for you brother, ask God in prayer to lead you away from this, (I did it 17 yrs ago when I went through that), that you know is not the healthy alternative. Ask God to open your mind to what He desires for you and finish the prayer "in Jesus' Name". The key is waiting on God, prayer works. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fishyjoe

Dec 23, 2016
Queensland, Australia
✟9,810.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I just prayed for you brother, ask God in prayer to lead you away from this, (I did it 17 yrs ago when I went through that), that you know is not the healthy alternative. Ask God to open your mind to what He desires for you and finish the prayer "in Jesus' Name". The key is waiting on God, prayer works. Amen.
"Desire"

It's totally my fault that people are using that word again.

But don't say "want"

Want is the Devil.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, it works better than the formulaic "pray your sins away" besides I can do without all the guilt ridden "Please God! Please God! I beg of you, heal this"

I'm definitely not a proponent of "praying your sins away," fishyjoe. I hope you don't think I was suggesting that in my earlier posts. I know this issue is tough, and the truth is, because the male body is made the way it is, you won't really ever "get over it" as long as you live. So, since I realize this, then for me, dealing with sin, whether this one or any other, is rather a day by day approach of reorienting and reeducating the brain so as to discipline the will--with God's help, of course. :cool:

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

fishyjoe

Dec 23, 2016
Queensland, Australia
✟9,810.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I'm definitely not a proponent of "praying your sins away," fishyjoe. I hope you don't think I was suggesting that in my earlier posts. I know this issue is tough, and the truth is, because the male body is made the way it is, you won't really ever "get over it" as long as you live. So, since I realize this, then for me, dealing with sin, whether this one or any other, is rather a day by day approach of reorienting and reeducating the brain so as to discipline the will--with God's help, of course. :cool:

Peace,
2PhiloVoid
No, well not you.

Let us not go ahead in spirit and pray for the sunday roast. Why waste Gods good time on covering the turkey or lamb with blessings.

Now that being said, male urge's have to be dealt with.
But how and what is the best method of curbing that wild sexual beast that lives inside me.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, well not you.

Let us not go ahead in spirit and pray for the sunday roast. Why waste Gods good time on covering the turkey or lamb with blessings.

But how and what is the best method of curbing that wild sexual beast that lives inside me.

Part of "controlling" the beast is to come to the realization that you're being "brain hacked" by the liberal allowances embedded in our legal and economic system. How do you think you would feel if you came to realize that some of the supposed "sexual beastliness" you think you're experiencing is actually a produce of Satanic Influence? Would it make you angry?

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
No, well not you.

Meditation can help control urges before they start. Find a comfortable place to sit in silence and attempt to clear the mind of all thought or what I do is imagine water, half above the surface and half below and attempt to visualize perfectly still calm water. It's more difficult that some might think. Practicing meditation is relaxing and allows for more control of the will. There are many styles,books, youtube, Itunes, and GooglePlay guided meditation that can be focusing on raindrops, tensing and relaxing muscle groups make people really relaxed and even tired or "drained" which mimics the post "showtime" feeling.

Not everybody is up for that kind of mental exercise. You must be willing to use your mind and that is a no go for many people in this age of instant entertainment.

I had a inappropriate content problem once. I got busted on the job looking at some inappropriate content ona computer I was not authorized to use. I took the hint and quit looking at it and I must say, my love life greatly improved. I think women can sense if you touch often. They just have a sixth sense about it. I think going without makes us much better at talking to and scoring points with women. It's like your fertility is doing some of the work for you. If you don't care because you know you're just going to "rub one out later" the desire is just not in your eyes.

or if you can't stop, get some XXX blocking software. Problem solved ....done

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Part of "controlling" the beast is to come to the realization that you're being "brain hacked" by the liberal allowances embedded in our legal and economic system. How do you think you would feel if you came to realize that some of the supposed "sexual beastliness" you think you're experiencing is actually a produce of Satanic Influence? Would it make you angry?

And to expand on that, being "brain hacked", when you discover how fake it all is. Everything, from the way people look, to how and why they have sex is not real.

Thanks to teams of plastic surgeons and some help from Photoshop, the women in inappropriate content don’t offer anything close to a realistic picture of what women in real life look like—particularly since we all get older, but inappropriate contentographic images never age. As a result, people that are regularly exposed to inappropriate content are more likely than others to feel poorly about how they look. And after looking at even softcore inappropriate content, users feel worse about how their partner looks. And the fiction is more than skin deep. In most inappropriate content, a person is only worth the sum of their body parts; it doesn’t matter whether they’re funny or smart, kind or interesting. All they are is a tool for sex.

Even sex itself gets completely warped. A typical 45 minute inappropriate content flick takes three days of filming to produce, but leaves the viewer with the impression that everything they just watched happened without a break. inappropriate content also makes it look like no matter what a man does, the woman he’s with is thrilled, even though the majority of sexual acts shown are degrading or violent. In the end, the more a person buys into the inappropriate content experience and its ideas, the harder it will be for them to have a real loving relationship with a real person.

• Agree
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

fishyjoe

Dec 23, 2016
Queensland, Australia
✟9,810.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
No not really, I can't really get mad at an invisible enemy in my head.

It's just human want, want as a whole is a very destructive force. Make want go away and poof! Satan will disappear.

Upvote 0

fishyjoe

Dec 23, 2016
Queensland, Australia
✟9,810.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Meditation can help control urges before they start. Find a comfortable place to sit in silence and attempt to clear the mind of all thought or what I do is imagine water, half above the surface and half below and attempt to visualize perfectly still calm water. It's more difficult that some might think. Practicing meditation is relaxing and allows for more control of the will. There are many styles,books, youtube, Itunes, and GooglePlay guided meditation that can be focusing on raindrops, tensing and relaxing muscle groups make people really relaxed and even tired or "drained" which mimics the post "showtime" feeling.

Not everybody is up for that kind of mental exercise. You must be willing to use your mind and that is a no go for many people in this age of instant entertainment.

I had a inappropriate content problem once. I got busted on the job looking at some inappropriate content ona computer I was not authorized to use. I took the hint and quit looking at it and I must say, my love life greatly improved. I think women can sense if you touch often. They just have a sixth sense about it. I think going without makes us much better at talking to and scoring points with women. It's like your fertility is doing some of the work for you. If you don't care because you know you're just going to "rub one out later" the desire is just not in your eyes.

or if you can't stop, get some XXX blocking software. Problem solved ....done
Yes, you can't hide your receptors.

Upvote 0

fishyjoe

Dec 23, 2016
Queensland, Australia
✟9,810.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
And to expand on that, being "brain hacked", when you discover how fake it all is. Everything, from the way people look, to how and why they have sex is not real.

Thanks to teams of plastic surgeons and some help from Photoshop, the women in inappropriate content don’t offer anything close to a realistic picture of what women in real life look like—particularly since we all get older, but inappropriate contentographic images never age. As a result, people that are regularly exposed to inappropriate content are more likely than others to feel poorly about how they look. And after looking at even softcore inappropriate content, users feel worse about how their partner looks. And the fiction is more than skin deep. In most inappropriate content, a person is only worth the sum of their body parts; it doesn’t matter whether they’re funny or smart, kind or interesting. All they are is a tool for sex.

Even sex itself gets completely warped. A typical 45 minute inappropriate content flick takes three days of filming to produce, but leaves the viewer with the impression that everything they just watched happened without a break. inappropriate content also makes it look like no matter what a man does, the woman he’s with is thrilled, even though the majority of sexual acts shown are degrading or violent. In the end, the more a person buys into the inappropriate content experience and its ideas, the harder it will be for them to have a real loving relationship with a real person.
That is all true, but what does a single guy do when nature makes it's call?

If you can't use inappropriate content, or you can't have sex outside of marriage.

Then what?

Marry just for sex, and not burn with lust.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No not really, I can't really get mad at an invisible enemy in my head.

It's just human want, want as a whole is a very destructive force. Make want go away and poof! Satan will disappear.

Hugh Hefner and the myriad of inappropriate contentographers, along with the entire inappropriate contentographic industry, will all just "disappear"?

Upvote 0