• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

inappropriate content is bad right?

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have Schizophrenia and I hear a voice in my head that says inappropriate contentography is all bad. The voice says there is literally nothing good about inappropriate contentography. Also, if I ever watch it, I feel like God will punish me for it. Like weird random bad things will happen (like I will get sick or something else) to me that make me feel like I'm being cursed by God for watching.

Because of this I try my very best to never watch it again.

inappropriate content is like adultery right? It's a sin against God, right?

Thanks,

SnowTiger

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have Schizophrenia and I hear a voice in my head that says inappropriate contentography is all bad. The voice says there is literally nothing good about inappropriate contentography. Also, if I ever watch it, I feel like God will punish me for it. Like weird random bad things will happen (like I will get sick or something else) to me that make me feel like I'm being cursed by God for watching.

Thanks,

SnowTiger

As someone who hears voices and has battled different mental health issues , I understand the need to check what the voices say by comparing them to the word of God.

I believe that inappropriate content is evil. It is sinning the sin of lust to use it

A Christian cannot be cursed by
God, and am unsure God punishes in the way this voice says. I don't believe the voice is God but part of your illness. I get voices like these a lot. They sound Biblical but they use a threatening time

God doesn't threaten us to keep us in line

But he doesn't want us sinning. He wants us to flee lustful desires. He gave us victory over sin by the Holy Spirit

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Thanks,

SnowTiger

Yes. inappropriate content is many sins combined; lust, fornication, adultery, greed. It's a terribly destructive thing.
I pray you seek God's help in resisting any future temptations :)

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Thanks,

SnowTiger
inappropriate content is very bad. There is nothing good about it and it is not of God. It does not portray or promote love or anything natural. What it does do is open doors to give demons legality into your life, and it is addicting. It is poison for the soul and you will feel guilty if you do it. If I were you I would avoid it at all costs. The voices you hear will never let you forget about it and they will be really mean to you.

• Agree
Reactions: BloodWashed91
Upvote 0

Walking the Path

Feb 11, 2021
Midlands
✟16,020.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
inappropriate content is bad. I'm not going to lie to you; I have drank from that poisoned fountain before. Initially it is extremely hard to tear yourself away, however, I used to always keep a Bible close-by; this way, you are looking at the Word of God. Doing this makes it very difficult to follow through with; it reminds you, God is watching!
I'll remember you in my prayers.

Blessings!

Upvote 0