✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So, I tried a recipe similar to this:
Except I didn't drain the juices. It still turned out great, but now I'm not sure what I will do with all that juice after I have finished the leftover pork and skimmed the fat off the top of it. I guesstimate that I have 2+ cups worth, and it is co-mingled with the canola oil that I greased my pan with. What are some simple, effective ways to make good use of that juice?

Last edited:

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, I tried a recipe similar to this:
Except I didn't drain the juices. It still turned out great, but now I'm not sure what I will do with all that juice after I have finished the leftover pork and skimmed the fat off the top of it. I guesstimate that I have 2+ cups worth, and it is co-mingled with the canola oil that I greased my pan with. What are some simple, effective ways to make good use of that juice?

You could make some gravy by stirring some sieved flour into the juices over heat? You can add a little bit of red wine or brandy if you want a richer flavour, then just simmer off the alcohol. And some butter.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you cook beans (e.g. pintos), using some it it to cook them would work well. I soak my dry beans in water over night. Then I would slow cook them in a crockpot with some of that juice+water.

Upvote 0