Pope Wants Sunday As Day of Rest Starting in 2011

F

from scratch

Yes, they do - even though Daniel 7's fourth beast exists concurrent with the previous 3 and has its dominion taken away along with the others at the same time. The lion isn't Babylon, and the fourth beast isn't Rome. Daniel 2 shows another succession of kingdoms that replace one another, and the Roman legs of iron have been replaced by the feet that don't mix before the second advent. Rome is no more, having been replaced by the European nations. SDAs also build a case on the little horn in Daniel 8, never noting his lineage traced from Greece, and not Rome at all. Their model of eschatology is simply incompetent.
I think the feet of clay and iron are the new world order which has the entire globe dived into ten economic regions.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,307.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The proselyte is a believer in God and has not joined themself to God by and throught the covenant. They are still strangers.

:)
And to those who want to apply it to the future, then they have to come to terms with symbols, unless gentiles are supposed to offer sacrifces.

7 these I will bring to my holy mountain,
and make them joyful in my house of prayer;
their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
will be accepted on my altar;
for my house shall be called a house of prayer
for all peoples.”

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

This is a telling verse from 56.

7 these I will bring to my holy mountain,
and make them joyful in my house of prayer;
their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
will be accepted on my altar;for my house shall be called a house of prayer
for all peoples.”
That relates to Jesus speaking to the woman at the well and the NC order of things.

I see the confusion. Isa 56 is much like Jesus giving a statment about two different things when aske a question and like Paul referring to the law as a basis to convey a thought.

The frame of reference changes from current to future. Notice a semi colon at the end of v 6? We do over look sentence structure sometimes.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,307.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
That relates to Jesus speaking to the woman at the well and the NC order of things.

I see the confusion. Isa 56 is much like Jesus giving a statment about two different things when aske a question and like Paul referring to the law as a basis to convey a thought.

The frame of reference changes from current to future. Notice a semi colon at the end of v 6? We do over look sentence structure sometimes.

Well said. :)

Either way, it does not prove we are bound to sabbath.:amen:

They either had the one old law, or there is symbolism.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

VictorC

Jesus - that's my final answer
Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟14,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think the feet of clay and iron are the new world order which has the entire globe dived into ten economic regions.
I have heard that idea tossed around, but the progression of the kingdoms depicted in Daniel 2's statue of elements seems to portray political powers that replace the one preceding it. That doesn't permit a long gap between the demise of the Roman empire and ten global divisions that still isn't a reality. It makes better sense that we have the European nation states replacing Rome, and that is the state of the world when the rock from heaven ends the entire succession of kingdoms.

Note the text of Daniel 2:
40 And the fourth kingdom shall be as strong as iron, inasmuch as iron breaks in pieces and shatters everything; and like iron that crushes, that kingdom will break in pieces and crush all the others.
41 Whereas you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; yet the strength of the iron shall be in it, just as you saw the iron mixed with ceramic clay.
42 And as the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong and partly fragile.
43 As you saw iron mixed with ceramic clay, they will mingle with the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, just as iron does not mix with clay.
The feet and the toes have some of the attributes of Rome, which leads me to believe it occupies the same geographical area. A lot of people note the toes and assume a division of ten based on that, but the image includes the feet as well. A division of ten parcels outside the geographical area is an assumption I don't think is supported in the image.

Upvote 0

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟14,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Rest in Him.
What, an eternal rest instead of a periodic day that ends as soon as it begins and repeats over and over and over totally unlike the rest we have in the Living God?

What a great idea!

Hebrews 4:10
For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

I have heard that idea tossed around, but the progression of the kingdoms depicted in Daniel 2's statue of elements seems to portray political powers that replace the one preceding it. That doesn't permit a long gap between the demise of the Roman empire and ten global divisions that still isn't a reality. It makes better sense that we have the European nation states replacing Rome, and that is the state of the world when the rock from heaven ends the entire succession of kingdoms.

Note the text of Daniel 2:
40 And the fourth kingdom shall be as strong as iron, inasmuch as iron breaks in pieces and shatters everything; and like iron that crushes, that kingdom will break in pieces and crush all the others.
41 Whereas you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; yet the strength of the iron shall be in it, just as you saw the iron mixed with ceramic clay.
42 And as the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong and partly fragile.
43 As you saw iron mixed with ceramic clay, they will mingle with the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, just as iron does not mix with clay.
The feet and the toes have some of the attributes of Rome, which leads me to believe it occupies the same geographical area. A lot of people note the toes and assume a division of ten based on that, but the image includes the feet as well. A division of ten parcels outside the geographical area is an assumption I don't think is supported in the image.
The whole discussion of the composite man is not centered in one geographical area.

A reason I have passed on the Eurpoean ideas is because there are more than ten in the union and it seems to have continued fluctuating. In the idea I presented the European geographical area is one of the ten areas. I see the world coming into one currency. A reason this has not already happened is the problem with the current banking and many different currencies. I don't give credence to TV shows, however what I see will resemble the Buck Rogers type of exchange with credits or whatever they called them. They were the same interglactically, not just on earth. I see things that were science fiction when I was a kid happening now in reality.

For me it is interesting but does not affect my salvation so I really don't get into prophecy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,307.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Whatever you want to believe but argue with the bible that says 4 feasts will be kept eternally. Check it out for yourself and then try to put a Jewish spin on that. In the millenial it says that any nation that does not go up to Jerusalem once a year will be cursed. That is the feast of tabrinacles, I suppose that is Jewish rather than Gods feast

excuse me. but the feasts were mosaic laws, and the curse was brought to the tree, see gal 3;13. That system is over, paul said he would not rebuild, what was torn down, Gal 2;18, whereby the curse went with it.

Upvote 0

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟14,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The whole discussion of the composite man is not centered in one geographical area.
I can live with that, but the immediate succession of one kingdom replacing the previous is borne out in the rest of the image. Having the feet depict a political power that doesn't exist on the heels of the previous one is a major deviation from the model.
A reason I have passed on the Eurpoean ideas is because there are more than ten in the union and it seems to have continued fluctuating. In the idea I presented the European geographical area is one of the ten areas. I see the world coming into one currency. A reason this has not already happened is the problem with the current banking and many different currencies. I don't give credence to TV shows, however what I see will resemble the Buck Rogers type of exchange with credits or whatever they called them. They were the same interglactically, not just on earth. I see things that were science fiction when I was a kid happening now in reality.
Your comment about credits is probably accurate in my mind. We're already there, actually - very few people can answer my question "what does a dollar weigh?". A dollar is a unit of measure, just like a quart of milk describes a certain quantity of a commodity. A legal dollar weighs 371.25 grains of silver, and this used to be common knowledge. It isn't anymore. Money is nothing more than a digit in a computer in the minds of the masses, represented by the color of ink smeared on a piece of paper. It has no value, and inflating that value away is nothing - the Weimar Republic of Germany proved that point without having a computer to accelerate the process.

Erasing wealth and merging currencies can be done at the touch of a few buttons now. You may have noticed my affection for gold and silver in previous posts, and this is why.
For me it is interesting but does not affect my salvation so I really don't get into prophecy.
I agree.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
excuse me. but the feasts were mosaic laws, and the curse was brought to the tree, see gal 3;13. That system is over, paul said he would not rebuild, what was torn down, Gal 2;18, whereby the curse went with it.
And God doesnt mean what God says?

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You totally over looked the blue highlighted there Stryder. The stranger that joins himself to the Lord is no longer astranger. And this is strictly OC and does not apply to anything in the NC. Frogster already showed you Ex 12:48 that totally backs this up.

I wasn't skipping that part at all. That is actually the point that I hold to.

So if this is strictly OC then I guess that the house of the Lord isn't a house of prayer for all nations?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,541.44
Faith
Messianic
We should only be concerned with what he wants when he gets govenment to enforce it.. much like the days gone by with he had the governmental powers of the then known world in papal hands...

Right now I find the co-incidence of 2012 interesting.. Pope's Letter on 7th World Family Meeting in '12

Christian Families of the Whole World Should Feel Involved

VATICAN CITY, SEPT. 26, 2010 (Zenit.org).- Here is a translation of the letter Benedict XVI sent to the president of the Pontifical Council for the Family regarding the 7th World Meeting of Families, which will be held in 2012 in Italy.

ZENIT - Pope's Letter on 7th World Family Meeting in '12

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,307.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
And God doesnt mean what God says?

God said Gal 3;13. I am going by later revelation, instead of trying to string together OT prophecies, that are not..not found in the NT.

Don't forget, it is to trample the Spirit of grace, to want to reinstate the levitical system, after atonement was done.

The curse of the law was taken away, that is central to NT theology.

So, were the things in Ez symbolic?:)

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
God said Gal 3;13. I am going by later revelation, instead of trying to string together OT prophecies, that are not..not found in the NT.

Don't forget, it is to trample the Spirit of grace, to want to reinstate the levitical system, after atonement was done.

The curse of the law was taken away, that is central to NT theology.

So, were the things in Ez symbolic?:)
And there is the rub, you will never never understand the New unless you understand the Old. What do you think that Paul and all the rest had to go by? What is in the New is backed up in the Old.

Upvote 0

pilgrimage

going home
Mar 22, 2006
✟7,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And there is the rub, you will never never understand the New unless you understand the Old. What do you think that Paul and all the rest had to go by? What is in the New is backed up in the Old.
That is the determining factor of understanding, I agree.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0