Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman
Sep 13, 2010
Pacific Northwest
✟12,709.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True. Because sadly, God's Holy Law is laying in the streets bleeding theologically speaking.

Then stop stabbing it.

Seriously though, this is getting old. You keep getting on your soap box, and then ignore anyone who points out the hypocrisy in telling others to abide by Torah while you yourself completely ignoring it.

If you want people to live by Torah then start following it yourself.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Sabbath is a foreshadow to 'entering God's rest'. The Sabbath is a rest from works, as God rested from all of his works on the seventh day. He has been resting ever since from his works of creating things. We labor to enter this rest (Hebrews 4.)

Anyways, this is what Jesus said regarding the Sabbath days:

And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.

So I ask you as well: is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days? Are there not such things as good works?

And again, are Christians not called to keep every day holy, seeing as they are called to be holy every day?

What Jesus said was an endorsement of the Sabbath commandment. Jesus is saying that it is not against the law to do good on the Sabbath. If we are to enter into God's rest the way God did from his then we need to ask how did God rest from his works. He created the world in six days and rested on the 7th. So if we are following his example we would do the same. No coincidence that God chose 6 days instead of 1 or 2 or 3 to create the world and rest on the 7th and then in the commandment he basically says to work 6 days and rest on the 7th. He clearly wants us to enter into rest like he did from his at creation. The Sabbath therefore is God's rest because God rested on the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then stop stabbing it.

Seriously though, this is getting old. You keep getting on your soap box, and then ignore anyone who points out the hypocrisy in telling others to abide by Torah while you yourself completely ignoring it.

-CryptoLutheran

Why is he not?

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The Sabbath is a foreshadow to 'entering God's rest'. The Sabbath is a rest from works, as God rested from all of his works on the seventh day. He has been resting ever since from his works of creating things. We labor to enter this rest (Hebrews 4.)

And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.

So I ask you as well: is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days? Are there not such things as good works?

And again, are Christians not called to keep every day holy, seeing as they are called to be holy every day?
I am curious, during the millenial what day do you think Jesus, the King, will declare as a day of rest?

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What rest are we to enter in to? How does the sabbath foreshadow anything when the reason God said for the people to keep it was because He rested and made that day holy and sanctified it? Essentially He said you rest because I rested.

Doing good on the sabbath is what we ought to do.

No they are not called to keep every day holy. We can't make a day holy if God hasn't made it holy. The sabbath is His day, a blessed and sanctified day.

Upvote 0

ivebeenshown

Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
My guess is eternity.
I dont think so. We will be ruling and reigning with Christ, what do you think we will be ruling and reigning over? Chists kingdom will be on earth during the thousand years so there will be people here during that tiome and we are told that people will be born so I believe that we will be ruling and reigning right here with Christ as King

Upvote 0

pilgrimage

going home
Mar 22, 2006
✟7,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I dont think so. We will be ruling and reigning with Christ, what do you think we will be ruling and reigning over? Chists kingdom will be on earth during the thousand years so there will be people here during that tiome and we are told that people will be born so I believe that we will be ruling and reigning right here with Christ as King
That doesn't sound like a day of rest. He rested when the work of creation was finished. I don't believe that will be finished until after the millenium.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Then stop stabbing it.

-CryptoLutheran

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I am curious, during the millenial what day do you think Jesus, the King, will declare as a day of rest?

your basing this on a highly debated theology..However, Paul was clear giving us a historical precedent, he did not want his churches bothering with shadows, the sabbath, gal 4 and col 2.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
If you did not have Paul to quote from almost everything that you say would fall like a house of cards. Paul was a Pharisee and worshiped and rested on Sabbath. If you would look at all of the evidence in the whole Bible, you would "see the light".

I can't help it that he wrote so much, under inspiration. you argue from you, i agree from the clear intent of scripture.

that is why most christians on the planet, eat pork, clean the garage on sunday, or saturday. Are they all in sin, and you are not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Your eyes have been blinded by the rejection of the most clear Bible truths. If you reject God's Holy Law, what more can God do to reach you?

why would gentiles now be bound to a jewish ceremonial law?

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
A Jewish day? We must be reading from seperate bibles because the last I had read it was a day that God set apart for man not a Jewish day

the gentile dogs, the uncircumcision, the foreskin, gentile sinners, were never under that. Unless you can show me.:)

Why didn't paul want it for his churches?

tell me..

the law was one (scriptural proof available) so what about all the other ceremonial laws?

Can christians eat lobster?

wear interwoven clothing?

There is a bunch of em..:D

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Again show me that it is Jewish and not for all. Also do you not forget that we are grafted in and not a seperate vine? Do you not also claim to be children of Abraham and all the blessings thereof available to you? Cant have it both ways. To deny the Jewishness of our roots is to deny Christ who by the way kept and observed all.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Again show me that it is Jewish and not for all. Also do you not forget that we are grafted in and not a seperate vine? Do you not also claim to be children of Abraham and all the blessings thereof available to you? Cant have it both ways. To deny the Jewishness of our roots is to deny Christ who by the way kept and observed all.

just read eph 2;15, and col 2;14, those were the legal, from law, ordinances that are gone now.

Dude, the last thing you should try to do is raise abe in the argument, paul used abe to show the very opposite thing..in abe we are one, because it is not about law.

Rom 4:14 For if it is the adherents of the law who are to be the heirs, faith is null and the promise is void.

Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.

Gal 4:31 So, brothers, we are not children of the slave but of the free woman.

more scripture available upon request. read Rom 9:6-8, it is not about lineage, or law. Sarah will have a son.

Upvote 0