Pope to Pray with Other Religions for World Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by nyj
Yes, Jesus talked to a Samaritan woman, and even used a Samaritan in a parable, and in a way that reflected positively upon the Samaritan and negatively upon the Jew! If one is familiar with Biblical times, one would see the obvious parallel between the Pope's actions and Jesus'.

Comparing the Samaritans with another "bible" believing group I can understand.

But would Jesus have prayed with prophets of Baal for world peace? Yeah, WWJD? LOL.

Or would Paul have held a joint church service together with the worshippers of Aphrodite? Paul did go to Athens and debate with the Greeks but I doubt he would have had a prayer and sing a long time with the worshippers of Diana or Apollo etc..

Really, :)

YM

Upvote 0
AND.....praying for world peace? As I recall, things do NOT get better until the time that our Father has appointed. To pray for something that goes against the will of the Father is pointless. To have the Pope and all of the other "religions" praying for peace is, to me, just another display of the disregard of our Father's will. Doesn't the Pope read Revelation? Or is he not allowed?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟271,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely correct, in every detail. Utterly infallible and undoubtably inerrant.

In the face of such incisive insight, I have no choice but to concede. As Pontius Pilate said, I wash my hands of the matter.

Believe whatever you like. You will anyway.

:( :( :( :(

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Praying for World Peace?

Oh, my YES. How HORRIBLE!! If we had WORLD PEACE, perhaps all the industries geared towards war could be utilized for agriculture, so starving people could think about something else besides dying.

Peace (that HORRIBLE thing, Peace!) be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

Catchup

Feb 20, 2002
Earth bound
Visit site
✟2,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Pope is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am Christian as is the Pope. I know that the Spirit of Christ is within our souls. It is the Holy Spirit that will lead the prayers. It cannot be wrong.

1 Timothy 2:1 I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone-- 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

But do I believe that World Peace will result? I pray I am wrong ... but No.

Isaiah 57: 21"There is no peace," says my God, "for the wicked."

In this day the only peace we will find is Spiritual Peace. If you have not already, I plead with you... seek out the Lord and find true peace.

Micah 5: 4 He will stand and shepherd his flock
in the strength of the LORD,
in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God.
And they will live securely, for then his greatness
will reach to the ends of the earth.
5 And he will be their peace.

:) LOVE

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Praying for things that are against the will of the Father are pointless and totally disregards God's will. Let's see...

Mark 14:
34"My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death," he said to them. "Stay here and keep watch."

35Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him.

36"Abba, Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."

Praying for the unlikely isn't evil. It's human and fully trusting in the Will of God that it could come to pass, if only He willed it so.

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have read the comments on this thread and suggest everyone take a break and calm down. Please review Rule 7 and remember that insulting and offensive speech is not acceptable. This thread will be locked until further notice.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.