Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just because my church has not seen beyond what our last day prophet had shown us does not mean anything she was shown is not correct.

I would lay my life down in defense of the Spirit of Prophecy in the name of Jesus.
You mean E.W.?

http://www.christianforums.com/t3078067-47/
Was Ellen White a prophetess or a hoax..

Yeshua My Salvation >

This is a thread i made in the Adventist forum on questions concerning the validity & authority of the writings of Ellen White, do they or do they not contradict scripture. Adventist claim that her writings are authoritive and don't contradict scripture in any point.

When confronted with obivious contradiction Adventist shrug arguments against there prophet with cockiness instead of providing viewers with answeres as to why they continue to believe in a prophet that added to scripture, contradicted scrpiture and finally contradicted herself. Heres the thread where this discussion began....http://www.christianforums.com/t3055...d-herslef.html

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What was incorrect?

My mistake. I was thinking of the items presented by GladiatorForGod. I hope you don't agree with his "proofs" which are historically incorrect.

On the other hand, your explanation also contains some historical errors that would logically call the whole thing into question. For instance, the Dark Ages did not last 1260 years and there is no span of years that I can think of at or about that time or dealing with the Pope that would seem to add up to that figure.

What are the "ten divisions of Rome?" It used to be said that the ten nations in the European Common Market were a restored Holy Roman Empire...until the number rose to many more than ten. And I can think of no divisions in the original Roman Empire that amounted to ten in total.

You said that the Papacy "utterly destroyed" the Huruli, the Vandals, and the Ostrogoths. This would be news to any historian who knows that the Papacy destroyed none of them.

Upvote 0

jamesonofthunder

Feb 6, 2010
✟741.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

It says they, not just she.

Mrs White was like John the baptist, a voice crying in the wilderness, but on the day of Pentecost many received the promise not just one.

This was the early rain but the latter rain which is about to fall in force is greater than the early rain.

We are about to see the power of the Holy Spirit light the world on fire.

So yes to Ellen White and Praise God for the future fulfillment of the Spirit of Prophecy.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So yes to Ellen White and Praise God for the future fulfillment of the Spirit of Prophecy.
E.W. and J.S. would have made a great couple :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Smith_(Mormon_Prophet)

Joseph Smith, Jr. (December 23, 1805 – June 27, 1844) was an American religious leader and the founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, the predominant branch of which is Mormonism. At age twenty-four, Smith published the Book of Mormon, and in the next fourteen years he attracted thousands of followers, established cities and temples, and created a lasting religious culture.

Ellen G. White - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ellen Gould White (born Harmon) (November 26, 1827 – July 16, 1915) was a prolific author and an American Christian pioneer. She, along with other Sabbatarian Adventist leaders, such as Joseph Bates and her husband James White, formed what is now known as the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

The Odd Couple Theatrical Trailer - YouTube

Upvote 0

jamesonofthunder

Feb 6, 2010
✟741.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
My mistake. I was thinking of the items presented by GladiatorForGod. I hope you don't agree with his "proofs" which are historically incorrect.

On the other hand, your explanation also contains some historical errors that would logically call the whole thing into question. For instance, the Dark Ages did not last 1260 years and there is no span of years that I can think of at or about that time or dealing with the Pope that would seem to add up to that figure.

What are the "ten divisions of Rome?" It used to be said that the ten nations in the European Common Market were a restored Holy Roman Empire...until the number rose to many more than ten. And I can think of no divisions in the original Roman Empire that amounted to ten in total.

You said that the Papacy "utterly destroyed" the Huruli, the Vandals, and the Ostrogoths. This would be news to any historian who knows that the Papacy destroyed none of them.

The ten divisions of Rome was at the fall of the Pagan Roman empire, it is not future but past.

“And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potter’s clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided.” The Western Empire of Rome, between the years A.D. 356 and 483, was divided into ten divisions, or kingdoms: 1. The Huns, in Hungary, A.D. 356; 2. The Ostrogoths, in Mysia, 377; 3. The Visigoths, in Pannonia, 378; 4. The Franks, in France, 407; 5. The Vandals, in Africa, 407; 6. The Sueves and Alans, in Gascoigne and Spain, 407; 7. The Burgundians, in Burgundy, 407; 8. The Heruli and Rugii, in Italy, 476; 9. The Saxons and Angles, in Britain, 476; 10. The Lombards, in Germany, 483. Thus the kingdom was divided, as designated by the ten toes.

These are also the divisions of the ten horns of Revelation 12.

The bible goes over this issue three different times in three different prophecies to make the point succinctly.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The ten divisions of Rome was at the fall of the Pagan Roman empire, it is not future but past.

“And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potter’s clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided.” The Western Empire of Rome, between the years A.D. 356 and 483, was divided into ten divisions, or kingdoms: 1. The Huns, in Hungary, A.D. 356; 2. The Ostrogoths, in Mysia, 377; 3. The Visigoths, in Pannonia, 378; 4. The Franks, in France, 407; 5. The Vandals, in Africa, 407; 6. The Sueves and Alans, in Gascoigne and Spain, 407; 7. The Burgundians, in Burgundy, 407; 8. The Heruli and Rugii, in Italy, 476; 9. The Saxons and Angles, in Britain, 476; 10. The Lombards, in Germany, 483. Thus the kingdom was divided, as designated by the ten toes.

These are also the divisions of the ten horns of Revelation 12.

The bible goes over this issue three different times in three different prophecies to make the point succinctly.

Most of that lineup is POST-Roman Empire or outside of the Roman Empire. Plus, all of it was not place at the same moment in time. IOW, pretty fanciful and, of course, not identified in Scripture.

Upvote 0

jamesonofthunder

Feb 6, 2010
✟741.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"three divisions which were plucked up were the Heruli in 493, the Vandals in 534, and the Ostrogoths in 538 a. d. Justinian, the emperor, whose seat was at Constantinople, working through the general Belisarius, was the power which overthrew the three kingdoms represented by the three horns, and the reason for their overthrow was their adherence to Arianism in opposition to the orthodox Catholic faith. The details of the overthrow, and the religious controversy which was the root of the trouble, are fully given by Gibbon in the “Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,” by Mosheim in his church history, and by others. {SDP 94.2}

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2012
✟886.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
FYI: Hey Guys, This is where we are in the history of the Papacy:

Revelation 13:3 in three translations. And to top it off, having the first Jesuit Pope in Papal history arriving on the scene now, is very significant, as they are the "game changers" in the history of the Papacy. Have you not, noted the world wide adoration of the new Jesuit Pope?!

New International Version

One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.
New Living Translation

I saw that one of the heads of the beast seemed wounded beyond recovery--but the fatal wound was healed! The whole world marveled at this miracle and gave allegiance to the beast.

English Standard Version

One of its heads seemed to have a mortal wound, but its mortal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled as they followed the beast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Read it in the most comprehensive study on the subject, and this was not an adventist who wrote the book "The Decline and Fall of the Roman empire" by Gibbon

If it's there, show us. Otherwise it looks like bits and pieces that don't go together.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.