✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes the Pope did.

Let's not forget, this world is turning to rust and dust anyway.
Not saying to not protect it.
But, let's not go overboard.
M-Bob
Yeah, let's not go overboard, it's only our children and their children's future we're dealing with. No biggie.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I heard the Pope discussed climate change with Trump. I hope he took the Pope's words to heart and will not pull us out of the Paris Agreement. Maybe the Pope also talked about the new budget and the health care proposal.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Both Trump and the Pope have said some pretty negative things regarding the other hopefully after this meeting things will be on smoother ground.
M-Bob

President Trump would be wise to follow the Holy Father's counsel and read the encyclical.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I just read that Pope Francis (now gloriously reigning in Rome) gave President Trump a copy of his encyclical on the environment, Laudato Si.

Well played, Holy Father. Well played. :clap:
Hmm. Hopefully it made/makes an impact.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There have been lots of comments on the official picture showing Ivanka, Melania, President Trump, and Pope Francis.

While President Trump is sporting an uncharacteristically huge smile, Pope Francis looks grim.

It's an interesting contrast.

"Laudato Si" was a good choice. I noticed how humble the binding was--it almost looked like it was run off and stapled together. Obviously not meant to be a coffee table book.

But it's possible that "Amoris Laetitia," which addresses the plight of the divorced and remarried, or divorced, divorced, and remarried, in the case of the president, was also a very appropriate gift.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, let's not go overboard, it's only our children and their children's future we're dealing with. No biggie.

Do the Left truly think that the Right is not also concerned regarding their children and grandchildren?

I'm just assuming that you might be on the Left MountainGirl?

M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Do the Left truly think that the Right is not also concerned regarding their children and grandchildren?

I'm just assuming that you might be on the Left MountainGirl?

M-Bob
When it comes to climate change, I'm on the science side, which does seem to be the left in our current situation.

Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Cows and agriculture are responsible for 18% of said climate change.

M-Bob
That's one reason why I am vegan, animal agriculture does contribute to climate change.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In the first place, no matter what causes climate change, the effects are the same. Have you seen photos of Antarctica lately?

Secondly, even if you believe climate change isn't caused by humans, if humans can do things that reverse it wouldn't that be a good thing?

If water comes rushing into your house, would you ignore it because you didn't cause it? Of course not.

I think Al Gore's map (from "An Inconvenient Truth") is very telling. The southern hemisphere is much less effected by climate change for three reasons: 1) less land mass; 2) lower populations; 3) far fewer industrialized countries creating pollution and overconsumption.

Under your random scenario, that shouldn't be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I have heard some pretty strong opposition from scientists regarding climate change and where it comes from.

M-Bob
When there are differences of opinion, I find it best to look at the scientists working in the field who are putting their research through rigorous peer review, same as with other areas of science. There are a few good sites that seve as searchable data bases for this research that I go to when I have questions and want to read the research directly.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But it's possible that "Amoris Laetitia," which addresses the plight of the divorced and remarried, or divorced, divorced, and remarried, in the case of the president, was also a very appropriate gift.

The Holy Father told President Trump that he 'signed it personally for him'. :)

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if Trump gave the pope his book regarding making the deal and signed it?

Might be worth some money someday.
Signed copy that is.

M-Bob

President Trump gave Pope Francis (now gloriously reigning in Rome) a copy of the writings of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. as well as a piece of block from his monument. He also gave him a small sculpture of a lotus flower, a popular Buddhist symbol.

Upvote 0