• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Pope Francis urges people to get vaccinated against Covid-19

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by JustSomeBloke, Sep 15, 2021.

1. JustSomeBloke

JustSomeBloke It looks like a witch hunt Supporter

+1,345
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JustSomeBloke

JustSomeBloke It looks like a witch hunt Supporter

+1,345
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
  3. Taodeching

Taodeching Well-Known Member

+1,037
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

+2,295
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Getting vaccinated is being pro-life and charitable to those around us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. pescador

pescador Newbie Supporter

+4,360
    Christian
    Married
    So people will listen to the Pope, but not to the scientists who have told us for months to get vaccinated with approved Covid-19 vaccines. Interesting...

Do those same people turn to scientists on matters of faith?

6. pescador

+4,360
    Christian
    Married
    But he is not a scientist...

7. JimR-OCDS

+2,295
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    He listens to the scientist and made his statement accordingly.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Michael Snow

Michael Snow Member

+63
    Christian
    Married
    This is where sentiment clouds the facts. Leading vaccinologists tell us mass vax is exactly the WRONG thing. Vax the vulnerable. Vaxing the healthy drives the variants GEERT.png

9. Michael Snow

Michael Snow Member

+63
    Christian
    Married

10. Michael Snow

Michael Snow Member

+63
    Christian
    Married
    Not listening to key vaccinologists. See my posts here

11. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,626
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Does he require that all clergy be vaccinated and pedophile clergy be castrated?

• List
  12. JimR-OCDS

+2,295
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    I knew someone would post something like this.

However, it just goes to show you really don't know the details of the sex abuse scandal
    by priest. Let me just inform you, less than 4% of the priest population were involved in sexual abuse. Of that number, less than 1% were actually pedophiles. The majority are homosexual priest who had affairs with young homosexual teen age boys and seminarians. Now, learn what a pedophile actually is, then come back and argue.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. anna ~ grace

anna ~ grace Newbie Supporter

+11,711
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The problems are twofold; we have multiple sets of experts all telling us different things. Try it. Try hunting for a study which claims or concludes thing a) about this virus or the vaccine, then turn right around and try to find a study or report which claims or concludes thing b), basically the exact opposite. Chances are good you can find examples of both.

The second dimension is that this vaccine issue is being horribly over-spiritualized by both sides. Some are terrifying people by claiming it’s the Mark of the Beast. Others are mocking and shaming those who don’t want it as “bad Christians”, superstitious, or foolish. Both takes are wrong.

14. JimR-OCDS

+2,295
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    The CDC and WHO report the consensus of the scientists findings, not a few
    maverick doctors.

Anti-vaxers listen to the mavericks and will help spread the virus until it mutates once
    again and God forbid, the vaccines no longer protect us.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,008
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    "Hip, hip hooray! for Pfizer/Moderna/J&J"—With love, Francis.

16. JimR-OCDS

+2,295
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Not the vaccines themselves, but getting vaccination in order not to spread
    the disease unto others is done out of an act of love.

17. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,008
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Sure. "Whoopsie, we just made another billion today! Golly gee whiz how'd that happen?!? (Thanks, Francis. Now how can we help you?)

But they do still catch it, and spread it. "Unloving"?

18. pescador

+4,360
    Christian
    Married
    Who exactly are these leading vaccinologists? The great majority of medical authorities recommend that as many people as possible should be vaccinated.

19. MMXX

MMXX Brian

+4,798
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    A lot of people aren't taking the vaccine because they're afraid of it. In my case I just happened to be more scared of catching the virus. As far as caring for others, I'm avoiding being near people and wearing a mask when I have to go shopping etc. Because for all I know I might be carrying the virus from what I've heard.

• List
  20. pescador

+4,360
    Christian
    Married
    I think you would know it if you were carrying the virus!