Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think everyone on CF looks to their heart for guidance. Thing is, I'll always test what's in my heart against the Sacred Scriptures, Sacred Tradition and the 2000 year teaching Magisterium of the Church of which the bishops are it's authentically appointed representatives. In this for instance, I'll go with the bishops.
The bishops who say that immigration is to be dealt with by the secular government?

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The bishops who say that immigration is to be dealt with by the secular government?

Yep, those same bishops. They're also the same bishops that say that governments should promote a society that respects the dignity of all persons. Hence, you don't find them using the terms like 'illegal alien'.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yep, those same bishops. They're also the same bishops that say that governments should promote a society that respects the dignity of all persons. Hence, you don't find them using the terms like 'illegal alien'.
Respecting dignity has no effect on whether people are in a country legally or illegally. And legality is a secular function.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2017-9-21_7-12-24.jpeg