Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Link:

Pope Francis appears to criticize Trump's Mexico border wall plan

Excerpt:

The pontiff did not directly refer to the US president or his plan to build a fence along his country’s border with Mexico.

But his statement at his weekly general audience at the Vatican that it was a Christian calling “to not raise walls but bridges, to not respond to evil with evil, to overcome evil with good” will be seen as an allusion to Trump’s plans and policies.

In improvised remarks, the pope appeared to further refer to Trump by saying: “A Christian can never say: ‘I’ll make you pay for that.’ Never! That is not a Christian gesture. An offense is overcome with forgiveness, by living in peace with everyone.”

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Thursday
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IMHO, I think you should show respect for the Statement of Purpose and House Rules of this Catholic forum and not call Pope Francis a wolf in sheep's clothing. Not only is that against the rules of this sub-forum, it is also incredibly disrespectful.

• Agree
Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
IMHO, I think you should show respect for the Statement of Purpose and House Rules of this Catholic forum and not call Pope Francis a wolf in sheep's clothing. Not only is that against the rules of this sub-forum, it is also incredibly disrespectful.
Point taken, I'll delete the wolf comment.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We interpret the Pope as referring to physical walls. But there are many worse walls, such as of hate, neglect, distrust, prejudice, self-centeredness. Francis alludes to that in his next sentence, but too many people see it as a physical wall. Walls of hate still exist long after the physical and legal barriers are removed. Case in point: civil rights for some U.S. citizens. We are still struggling to end opposition to those inherent rights.

The walls are constructed in the hearts and minds of people.

Upvote 0