• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Pope endorses same-sex civil unions in new documentary film

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+44,514
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    “Oh my God, I am truly sorry for my sin, and because you are so good, with your help, I will try not to sin again.” That is the principle of repentance. Acknowledge your sin, feel remorse about it, confess it, and decide not to sin again.

2. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+9,503
    Christian
    I am getting a lot of messages on my Facebook from various people making comments like "I am rejoicing" and "I love this Pope"

The news is being taken that the Pope supports Gay marriage and gay rights.

The Pope knows this and I am reading a lot here that reflects on a naivete or maybe it is a hope and belief the Pope had good intentions.

I am not going to be led astray . I will struggle and lean on Christ.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+9,503
    Christian

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Michie

+44,514
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    And this is exactly the problem when it comes to the pope’s witness. Confusion. Not proclaiming what the Church teaches. No clarification.

5. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+9,503
    Christian

I agree absolutely. He talks out of both sides oh his mouth. he knows exactly what he is doing. He consistently makes these type statements and allows himself just enough ambiguity for cover.

6. Michie

+44,514
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes. It deceitful and shows little regard for the truth or any false misunderstandings of people in general.

7. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+9,503
    Christian

Showing concern is being a shepherd and protecting the flock. There is a priest in Boston that leads a small group of men for the Courage Apostolate. He provides pizza and drinks and allows men to meet and strengthen one another in trying to follow Christ. He also hears their confessions.

The Pope is hurting these men who choose to pick up their crosses daily and follow Christ.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Michie

+44,514
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I agree 110%. I can’t imagine how demoralized these men feel that carry such a heavy cross following the Lord.

9. Davidnic

Davidnic Well-Known Member Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+11,214
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    It is very much a slap in the face to those Catholics with homosexual inclinations who have followed the Church and Her full teaching. A Pope should know better.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  10. Michie

+44,514
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    He is not lifting a finger to help those that struggle with homosexuality carry their cross.

11. zippy2006

zippy2006 Dragonsworn

+2,622
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    It's nothing new. This pope hasn't given much attention to faithful Catholics in his pontificate. He is concerned with those "on the margins": those outside the faith, those who dissent, as well as the poor and disenfranchised in general.

12. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+9,503
    Christian

It is heartbreaking. I am disgusted with the Pope. He will have to answer for this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  13. Xenophon

Xenophon Well-Known Member

+571
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    The blurb on the radio about this this morning said, it was his first endorsement as pope. And that he had endorsed it before being the pope. Is this true? (It wouldn't surprise me.)

14. Xenophon

Xenophon Well-Known Member

+571
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I find it interesting then that the Vatican was built over the ruins of the temple of Janus. That Janus was the only Roman diety called pater and that now we've got a pope who is equally dual-faced as the mythic entity.

15. Stabat

Stabat Stat Crux, dum volvitur orbis Supporter

+7,865
    Denmark
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    I think we have to bear in mind the pacamama worship in the vatican whenever we feel like going easy on this ***. Yes, sure people can get misquoted and ill treated, but this is very coherent of this pope. No modern pope have been this way - not even John XXIII which sure as heck was no saint!

Does the pope fear God someone's asking in this thread. The answer is obvious - he doesn't even know God! The popes betrayal of our chinese brethren among so many other instances is unforgivable. Both in words and actions he's clearly far, far away from God. It's not my place to judge him - and he could repent and become part of the church again, but if he goes down the road he has so far, then he'll not inherit the kingdom of God. Keep in mind just how happy Aaron and his fellow Israelites made God when they worshiped the golden calf!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  16. Michie

+44,514
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Not all bad but he needs to find a balance in all of this.

17. chunkofcoal

chunkofcoal Messianic Christian

+445
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Is the pope becoming more of a politician than a pope?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. Michie

+44,514
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    He is the pope. I think his proclivities speak for themselves.

19. Lady Bug

Lady Bug Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,528
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I hate asking this because it can lead to a type of debate that isn't allowed here, but when did a Pope make an absurd heretical statement before Vatican 2, which may have raised eyebrows? I am asking simply for informational purposes. This news feels so unreal. I am understanding where the "seedy" camp is coming from now.

20. chunkofcoal

chunkofcoal Messianic Christian

+445
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    He seems to be interested in inclusivity, though, like the politicians.