• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Pope endorses same-sex civil unions in new documentary film

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Aspzan

Aspzan Well-Known Member Supporter

+977
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I'm not sure the Catholic teaching on this but Romans 1 seems to indicate it is something that happens later in life as opposed to before birth.

2. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+43,726
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Well you subtract from my full quote and add to yours. I think it’s fair to point that out. I comment in a thread disagreeing with your assessment of a video and we saw what unfolded. I mean zippy, no big deal! Just my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  3. Michie

+43,726
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Agreed. Although I think there are things that can happen in life that can affect one psychologically. Still, the pope said God made that man the way he was. How does the pope come to that conclusion?

4. Aspzan

+977
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Well, it's confusing because Romans 1 (to me) implies that this was a response by God to their rejection of Him. As I said I don't know the Catholic teaching on Romans 1. I'll try and find out.

5. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,586
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    There is no excuse.

When he started this seven years ago I was all for waiting for a transcript and trying to figure out how he got quoted out of context and figuring out how to explain it all away. Somewhere along the way he lost me.

6. Michie

+43,726
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Let me know.

7. chevyontheriver

+11,586
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Nothing remains but for him to release the McCarrick report, which will in all justice implicate himself, and then to resign. I want it known that I need a new pope, and not one of the same ilk as this one.

8. chevyontheriver

+11,586
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    He has said it because he is a bad pope. We have had other bad popes, about a dozen real stinkers. What hurts is that we have had a long run of good and great popes, and now this.

9. chevyontheriver

+11,586
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I think one waits for clarity in prayer.

10. Michie

+43,726
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    You know, I was so excited about this pope in beginning. I became disillusioned quite quickly. He did exactly the opposite of what I thought he was going to do. He is not a transparent pope by any stretch of the imagination.

11. Aspzan

+977
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Homosexuality

The paragraph titled "Reinterpreting Scripture" mentions Romans 1 and has a small bit which says: "Paul attributes the homosexual desires of some to a refusal to acknowledge and worship God." It covers more too but it doesn't really give any official teaching info on Romans.

12. Michie

+43,726
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes I think I’ve read that one before. It does not support the pope telling that man God made him gay.

13. Michie

+43,726
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    ‘God Made Me Gay’

Is our "quarrel" actually with the Creator?

In a speech at a gay-advocacy fundraiser Sunday, Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg defended his homosexuality in a remark aimed at vice president Mike Pence, a proponent of traditional marriage. Insisting that his homosexual behavior and legal marriage to another man do not contradict his beliefs as an Episcopalian Christian, Buttigieg said:

My marriage to Chasten has made me a better man and yes, Mr. Vice President, it has moved me closer to God . . . If me being gay was a choice, it was a choice that was made far, far above my pay grade. And that’s the thing I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand—that if you’ve got a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me. Your quarrel, sir, is with my creator.

The claim that “God made me this way” is a common slogan heard from defenders of homosexuality. This high-minded claim seems to place the matter beyond further argument—for what Christian will say that God doesn’t make us who we are? And if he makes some people gay, then we should accept it....

Continued at link.

14. Aspzan

+977
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    How deep do you think this is though? Does Pope Francis fear God?

15. chevyontheriver

+11,586
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    The only dogmatic definition is about how one can know that God is from natural reason. The rest of it, about homosexuality, should be obvious enough not to even need a dogmatic definition.

16. chevyontheriver

+11,586
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    He's being a psudoscientist if he says that. A psudoscientist driven by political correctness.

17. Chrystal-J

Chrystal-J the one who stands firm to the end will be saved Supporter

+4,985
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    The devil likes to get to people as soon as possible. By the time I was 5, I was exposed to the occult. It has followed me all these years. Do I give into it and say I was just born to suffer in this way? No, I will fight against it with my dying breath.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Michie

+43,726
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Well he’s wrong. But I’m finding out a lot of people disagree with this pope.

Science says that God does not “make people gay” in a biological sense.

19. chevyontheriver

+11,586
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Maybe on alternate Thursdays he does. I can't judge his soul. But the fruits seem a bit wrong.

20. Michie

+43,726
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I read the Vigano letter I posted here and wonder if there really is an agenda on Francis’ part.

21. chevyontheriver

+11,586
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Genetics, which I actually know a good but about, isn't clear. It is clouded by political correctness. There is no individual 'gay' gene, but so many traits are caused by a cluster of genes. And no cluster is clearly known.

Much of it seems to be environmental, the effect of sin on our lives, our own sins and moreso the sins of others against us. I don't think much is simply a free choice.