Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We have been rightly critical of the Pope's response to the abuse crisis. But he is spot on here just as he is with his strong opposition to gender ideology. It does not excuse or dismiss his continued mishandling of the abuse situation.

Pope compares having an abortion to 'hiring a hit man'

"Is it right to hire a hit man to solve a problem? You cannot, it is not right to kill a human being, regardless of how small it is, to solve a problem. It is like hiring a hit man to solve a problem," he said.

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
We have been rightly critical of the Pope's response to the abuse crisis. But he is spot on here just as he is with his strong opposition to gender ideology. It does not excuse or dismiss his continued mishandling of the abuse situation.

"Is it right to hire a hit man to solve a problem? You cannot, it is not right to kill a human being, regardless of how small it is, to solve a problem. It is like hiring a hit man to solve a problem," he said.

That won't change my opinion of him.
What is a modern example of cunning?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That won't change my opinion of him.

I don't expect it to. After all defending the Unborn is something a Pope is supposed to do. He doesn't get extra points for the bare minimum when compared to the functional silence against the abuse crisis.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I thought it was an incredibly visual, and accurate, description. Kudos to him.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Though I agree completely with his statement that jaded side to me wonders if he did this to throw a crumb to those who are trying to hold him accountable.
Francis makes an orthodox statement here and there while appearing unorthodox at other times. So, because he's not consistent, no one takes him seriously when he says something orthodox.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Well it's nice, but it totally drowns in the wave of his homoliberal agenda and the undermining of traditional clergy and doctrine.
Two step forward and one step back into liberalism and modernism doesn't fool me one bit. It's a well thought out tactic.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
The cynical side of me wants to say they should know all about hit men with the way they try to take out abuse victims to protect their pedophiles, but yeah he's right and good for him for saying it. Think he's trying to save face though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums