Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I recently tried making popcorn on much lower heat, my theory being that the seeds should be given time to heat uniformly throughout so they expand (pop) completely. I'm here to report overwhelming success. Not only are the kernels large and tender but every one pops. It's worth the extra minute or two it takes. See if this works for you if you haven't already discovered this.

You're welcome. :)

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Great idea!
My wife has an electric popper so, sadly, no temperature adjustment available.
She does however melt red hots candies and corn syrup, pours it over popcorn and bakes it in the oven. My favorite, cinnamon popcorn

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Nothing like a big bowl of Pop's Rite on a cold winters night, or on a hot Summers afternoon, well if truth be told, any ole cotten pickin time you want some.

I think I'll make some right now, it's only 1:30 am.

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When I was kid a farmer uncle would sometimes bring us a sack of white popcorn still on the husk. We would 'shuck' the short husks against another husk then winnow the chaff away by tossing the seeds into the air from a large 'dish' pan. They didn't pop up very good but we enjoyed it anyway. Friday night was popcorn/ice cream/root beer night around the kitchen table.

Upvote 0