Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
it is absolutely not the natural result and if you lived in the 80s in the us you should know that.
Why not trickle up? Makes infinitely more sense...

How does money 'trickle' up from someone who doesn't have any (unless what he has 'trickled down' to him)?

The truth is that money flows from above, but then it divides into smaller and smaller 'flows' until it is just a trickle at the lowest level. This is a natural movement of money.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The truth is that money flows from above, but then it divides into smaller and smaller 'flows' until it is just a trickle at the lowest level. This is a natural movement of money.

Unless people find unnatural ways to bottle it up.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It is so funny listening to wealthy people complain about taxes and money.

The execs I worked with had million dollar homes and often had summer and winter houses and family property tucked away in the boondocks somewhere. They had boats and 5 or 6 different cars...

The tax rate etc had no impact on their quality of lives. They still had their houses, they still had their boats, they still had their women on the side that they set up in luxury apartments, their kids still went to Harvard and Yale or whereever...

yet they complained endlessly about taxes.

Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum, you have the working poor who live paycheck to paycheck. Every dollar coming or going can literally be felt in their quality of life on a monthly, weekly, and often times DAILY basis...

I just get so tired of the Trickle Down economic argument that is sold to the masses as a "good thing" for the poor.

You want to help the poor and the economy in general, then funnel money to the middle class or upper middle class. You do that and money will definitely flow both up and down the economic chain.

However, when you funnel money to the very top of the chain... that money does indeed trickle down... as in "trickle". A fraction of a fraction of that money makes it back to the economy. The Vast majority of it just does not. It doesn't. This has been historically proven and yet this Trickle Down Economic lie has some series legs. It just won't die.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is so funny listening to wealthy people complain about taxes and money.

The execs I worked with had million dollar homes and often had summer and winter houses and family property tucked away in the boondocks somewhere. They had boats and 5 or 6 different cars...

The tax rate etc had no impact on their quality of lives. They still had their houses, they still had their boats, they still had their women on the side that they set up in luxury apartments, their kids still went to Harvard and Yale or whereever...

yet they complained endlessly about taxes.

Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum, you have the working poor who live paycheck to paycheck. Every dollar coming or going can literally be felt in their quality of life on a monthly, weekly, and often times DAILY basis...

I just get so tired of the Trickle Down economic argument that is sold to the masses as a "good thing" for the poor.

You want to help the poor and the economy in general, then funnel money to the middle class or upper middle class. You do that and money will definitely flow both up and down the economic chain.

However, when you funnel money to the very top of the chain... that money does indeed trickle down... as in "trickle". A fraction of a fraction of that money makes it back to the economy. The Vast majority of it just does not. It doesn't. This has been historically proven and yet this Trickle Down Economic lie has some series legs. It just won't die.

The truth can't die. So-called "Trickle down" is the fundamental operating principle of today's economics.

The 'trappings' of the wealthy are just another way of spreading said wealth around, in the form of money (and isn't that what most people want?). A rich man buys a $1million dollar yacht. He gets the yacht and the $1million goes back into the general economy, and he has to spend lots more to keep it docked, running, and maintained. It's all good.

The real problem with the poor is that, being surrounded by 'conspicuous consumption' and luxury goods on every hand, they mistakenly believe the lie that if they 'play by the rules' (of the working man) that, like lint, wealth will magically stick to them. This is and always has been nonsense. If one wants extraordinary wealth they must do extraordinary things to attain it.

Most working people are just that.....working class people who want nothing more than to be secure in their income, benefits, and retirement plans. If one's job cannot provide this one has to make adjustments to make it so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0