United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Poor me posts

I am of recent vintage here, but it seems some of the “poor me” posts where the originator of the thread just keeps repeating the same pitiful me line when there is excellent advice and counseling - in addition to prayers. I guess prayer doesn’t work if the thread is a “lost leader” or fake person made up by the administrators so as to push replies way up into the double digits. Does this help with advertising revenue?

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mental disorders are hard to deal with. I have my own disorders and it makes things difficult at times. It took time for me to learn how to wait upon the Lord in such times of distress. Try to be more understanding, people need that.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Poor me posts

I am of recent vintage here, but it seems some of the “poor me” posts where the originator of the thread just keeps repeating the same pitiful me line when there is excellent advice and counseling - in addition to prayers. I guess prayer doesn’t work if the thread is a “lost leader” or fake person made up by the administrators so as to push replies way up into the double digits. Does this help with advertising revenue?

Hello, many many of us have struggles of various kinds. God doesn't mind us coming to Him no matter how many times it is. He WELCOMES us seeking Him. He just sorts it out, sorta' like this quote i attached below.

He invites us to "just come" to Him.

Welcome to CF.

God bless you. :)

“Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful and gentle hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away.” ~Dinah Maria Mulock Craik

Last edited:
Upvote 0

the old scribe

old scribe
Site Supporter
May 13, 2017
Arlington, TX
✟89,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think there are probably people who are manic, and just post over and over again

" I'm afraid I'm not saved "

etc

Mental disorders are hard to deal with. I have my own disorders and it makes things difficult at times. It took time for me to learn how to wait upon the Lord in such times of distress. Try to be more understanding, people need that.

Hello, many many of us have struggles of various kinds. God doesn't mind us coming to Him no matter how many times it is. He WELCOMES us seeking Him. He just sorts it out, sorta' like this quote i attached below.

He invites us to "just come" to Him.

Welcome to CF.

God bless you. :)

“Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful and gentle hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away.” ~Dinah Maria Mulock Craik

All right. So all of you affirm that all these "poor me" posts are legit and the Lord doesn't answer prayers quickly for the infirmed nor does sound biblical advice change anything for the infirmed when it is given? My experience about the infirmed would support this.

However, my experience with human nature and what motivates people is why I decided to propose the issue.

VERY GLAD EACH OF YOU ARE SO TRUSTING AND KIND. SHOWS GOOD FRUIT.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hey there, just a head's up,

This Forum is the 'Chat with Staff' forum, and I've been back on staff for awhile and don't recognize any of the replying posters as being on staff ;)

Just a heads up, don't want y'all to produce reports. :)

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Poor me posts

Hi Old Scribe and welcome to our forums. As you've probably had the chance to look around we have many forums here, we try to fill every niche. :)

We don't make fake threads or posts here. The posts you see are made from our members, new and old.

Some people tend to 'go on' when they don't hear the feedback they want, same as in real life, many like their ears tickled. It might be as others suggested that they are lonely, looking for approval, or some kind of connection with others that they don't get in their day to day life.

If these kinds of threads bother you I would suggest steering clear of them or offer your advice and move on. We can't please everyone , we can only try and offer our best help to others, what they do with that is up to them. :)

Upvote 0

the old scribe

old scribe
Site Supporter
May 13, 2017
Arlington, TX
✟89,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Old Scribe and welcome to our forums. As you've probably had the chance to look around we have many forums here, we try to fill every niche. :)

We don't make fake threads or posts here. The posts you see are made from our members, new and old.

Some people tend to 'go on' when they don't hear the feedback they want, same as in real life, many like their ears tickled. It might be as others suggested that they are lonely, looking for approval, or some kind of connection with others that they don't get in their day to day life.

If these kinds of threads bother you I would suggest steering clear of them or offer your advice and move on. We can't please everyone , we can only try and offer our best help to others, what they do with that is up to them. :)

Thank you, Leviticus 23:40

Last edited:
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
All right. So all of you affirm that all these "poor me" posts are legit and the Lord doesn't answer prayers quickly for the infirmed nor does sound biblical advice change anything for the infirmed when it is given? My experience about the infirmed would support this.

However, my experience with human nature and what motivates people is why I decided to propose the issue.

Paul was infirmed. So was Job. Hannah kept praying to God repeatedly. There was a poor widow spoken of persistently pleaded with a king (even though he was an evil king and not righteous). He was all she had. We are told to do the same. To keep asking, to pour it all out like David did, like Jacob did, in the form of "wrestling" with God. God's all we got. God does not grow weary with our requests our "pouring it out". He invites us to.

Who else do we have?

Reminds me of this:

"Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah." ~Psalm 62:8

And this:

"Tell God all that is in your heart, as one unloads one's heart, its pleasures and its pains, to a dear friend. Tell Him your troubles, that He may comfort you; tell Him your joys, that He may sober them; tell Him your longings, that He may purify them; tell Him your dislikes, that He may help you to conquer them; talk to Him of your temptations, that He may shield you from them; show Him the wounds of your heart, that He may heal them; lay bare your indifference to good, your depraved tastes for evil, your instability. Tell Him how self-love makes you unjust to others, how vanity tempts you to be insincere, how pride disguises you to yourself as to others. If you thus pour out all your weaknesses, needs, troubles, there will be no lack of what to say. You will never exhaust the subject. It is continually being renewed. People who have no secrets from each other never want for subjects of conversation. They do not weigh their words, for there is nothing to be held back; neither do they seek for something to say. They talk out of the abundance of the heart, without consideration, just what they think. Blessed are they who attain to such familiar, unreserved intimacy with God.” ~Francois Fenelon

God bless you.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey there, just a head's up,

This Forum is the 'Chat with Staff' forum, and I've been back on staff for awhile and don't recognize any of the replying posters as being on staff ;)

Just a heads up, don't want y'all to produce reports. :)

I'm sorry...just now realizing what you mean.

I apologize :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums