California
✟24,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Say you have 100% power and you give 10% to a lesser God. Now neither is all powerful.

God has 100% power and gives 10% power away leaving God with 90% power, in this case God is not all powerful to begin with, for the very fact that God can lose power. So the God you describe has flaws to begin with.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God has 100% power and gives 10% power away leaving God with 90% power, in this case God is not all powerful to begin with, for the very fact that God can lose power. So the God you describe has flaws to begin with.
For the fourth time, this is not my viewpoint. This is the viewpoint of another. So I can politely ignore further comments from you, as you don't appear to be listening to other people.

Upvote 0

ShamashUruk

Hello
Jul 19, 2017
California
✟24,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
For the fourth time, this is not my viewpoint. This is the viewpoint of another. So I can politely ignore further comments from you, as you don't appear to be listening to other people.

When you engage in conversation it becomes opposition to your view point.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But between Them They still command 100% of the power.

but again neither would be strong enough to be the all power ful, God creator. And if they had to recreate, they would not be able to. Because their power was diminished among other dieties.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Say you have 100% power and you give 10t% to a lesser God. Now neither is all powerful.

logically, I can also go another direction about the power of God.

God created all things.
This creative power is knowledge.
This knowledge is to either create things from nothing or to use the eternally existing elements to create things.
God teaches another Person to create things.
God does not lose His knowledge/power to create.
Now 2 Persons have the knowledge/power to create things.
Now a Trinity have the knowledge/power to create things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
but again neither would be strong enough to be the all power ful, God creator. And if they had to recreate, they would not be able to. Because their power was diminished among other dieties.
Their 100% power would not diminish among other deities unless the Three wish it to be distributed to others, which at the time, They do not. Hence 100% of the power is held by these Three.

If They wish to recreate, the Three will have to act as if They are 1 God to do the creating.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
logically, I can also go another direction about the power of God.

God created all things.
This creative power is knowledge.
This knowledge is to either create things from nothing or to use the eternally existing elements to create things.
Now 2 Persons have the knowledge/power to create things.
Now a Trinity have the knowledge/power to create things.
But you can't prove God uses knowledge alone without power or other exertions.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
But you can't prove God uses knowledge alone, without power and other exertions.

God is omnipotent (all powerful) because He is omniscient (has all knowledge). And you can say this backwards. God is omniscient (has all knowledge) because He is omnipotent (all powerful).

Either way knowledge and power or power and knowledge are inseparably connected. A Person cannot be all powerful, without being all knowledgeable.

God logically can give or teach His knowledge to others, which He has done, in at least 2 cases, His Son Jesus Christ and the HS.

The Trinity acts as if it is 1 God, with 100% of the power and knowledge to create.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God is omnipotent (all powerful) because He is omniscient (has all knowledge). And you can say this backwards. God is omniscient (has all knowledge) because He is omnipotent (all powerful).

Either way knowledge and power or power and knowledge are inseparably connected. A Person cannot be all powerful, without being all knowledgeable.

God logically can give or teach His knowledge to others, which He has done, in at least 2 cases, His Son Jesus Christ and the HS.

The Trinity acts as if it is 1 God, with 100% of the power and knowledge to create.
[/QUOTE]
Again you can't prove that God's omnipotence is because of His omnicience. I believe His omnipotence is because of His nature, not His brain.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
="gradyll, post: 71639254, member: 29008"
Again you can't prove that God's omnipotence is because of His omnicience. I believe His omnipotence is because of His nature, not His brain.

You cannot prove that God's omnipotence is because of his nature.

If God is all powerful, which He is, He can certainly teach others to create, and to govern, which He has.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You cannot prove that God's omnipotence is because of his nature.

If God is all powerful, which He is, He can certainly teach others to create, and to govern, which He has.
But you have two Hebrew words for.create, one is something only the creator can do. You have asa and bara one is creating from nothing, what is done.in genesis. The other is.something we can create, like art or sculptures from existing material.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
But you have two Hebrew words for.create, one is something only the creator can do. You have asa and bara one is creating from nothing, what is done.in genesis. The other is.something we can create, like art or sculptures from existing material.
The basic definition of 'bara' is: to shape, fashion, or create.

There is no indication in this definition that 'create' means 'out of nothing'. Since the 4th century it has been drilled into our heads from Greek philosophers, and scholars of religion. But it has not always been so. (of course this is history and should not be spoken of in this OP, but since you went outside the bounds of logic, so must I)

In the definition of 'bara', there is a quick notation that the definition is to shape, fashion, or create (and then it adds that 'create' is only used when God does something), and then gives examples in Genesis.

Well one of the examples is that God created man, both male and female created he them. But God did not create man 'out of nothing'. God created man out of the dust of the earth. So if a point was being made that when God creates, He creates things out of nothing, this example is a poor one.

Besides if God has the knowledge to create things out of nothing, or has the nature to create things out of nothing, are you the one that is going to stand up and tell God He cannot give this knowledge or nature to someone else?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The basic definition of 'bara' is: to shape, fashion, or create.

There is no indication in this definition that 'create' means 'out of nothing'. Since the 4th century it has been drilled into our heads from Greek philosophers, and scholars of religion. But it has not always been so. (of course this is history and should not be spoken of in this OP, but since you went outside the bounds of logic, so must I)

In the definition of 'bara', there is a quick notation that the definition is to shape, fashion, or create (and then it adds that 'create' is only used when God does something), and then gives examples in Genesis.

Well one of the examples is that God created man, both male and female created he them. But God did not create man 'out of nothing'. God created man out of the dust of the earth. So if a point was being made that when God creates, He creates things out of nothing, this example is a poor one.

Besides if God has the knowledge to create things out of nothing, or has the nature to create things out of nothing, are you the one that is going to stand up and tell God He cannot give this knowledge or nature to someone else?
Exactly, you are right. This is not a history thread, but if you wish to quote scholars, I can quote them too. But sorry if I don't take your word for it. But again I would need to be back at my office to obtain quotes with Hebrew tools and commentaries.

Upvote 0