Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Bull? Really?
really

Facts remain facts no matter how much you pretend otherwise.

No on can force a priest or minister to perform any ceremony he or she does not wish to.

and he got taken down by the truth
It's coming...
more fake claims about being forced to conduct wedding ceremonies....no doubt

I agree, churches are business and should be protected by freedom of religion, in both Canada and the US... however.... The LGBTQ is strong and the Christian religions are the only ones that you can discriminate against.
the thing about being a victim of discrimination is that first you have to be discriminated against

An example of this is the shout of "homophobic" to anyone that speaks against the LGBTQ..
what does one call people who speak against black people. who make false claims about African American's and pretend they are somehow the victim of culture wide discrimination. I call them racists because that is what they are. the same works for homophobes

Meanwhile.. Islam absolutely does not stand for homosexuals...
Islam doesn't stand for Christianity. you're point.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He's specifically speaking about the unions and what the churches Biblical reaction to them should be within the context of church - not within the context of the world.

So yes - equal rights and discrimination would seem to have little to do with it when the question revolves around the proper Biblical response within church to the issue.
what ever helps you sleep at night

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Christianity Today is very liberal (social) leaning. I am not surprised by the article in the least. I'm late to this party; @redleghunter was this on the front page on Friday?

Pedo acceptance is coming yall...get ready.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Christianity Today is very liberal (social) leaning. I am not surprised by the article in the least. I'm late to this party; @redleghunter was this on the front page on Friday?
Seriously? You see Christianity Today as socially liberal? I agree that they've published articles about combating poverty and healing racism; aside from that, I can't think of anything socially liberal they've published in recent decades. What did you have in mind?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seriously? You see Christianity Today as socially liberal? I agree that they've published articles about combating poverty and healing racism; aside from that, I can't think of anything socially liberal they've published in recent decades. What did you have in mind?
I think this is the proper observation as the article I posted in the OP is opposed to polyamory and gives pastoral advice on how a church can deal with such.

Upvote 0