• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Poll: Who has more Faith?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Split Rock, Dec 22, 2014.

I am a creationist; atheists and agnostics who defend the theory of evolution have:

1. More Faith than I do.

2. As much Faith as I do.

3. Less Faith than I do.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Split Rock

Split Rock Conflation of Blathers

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    I've once again been told about how much Faith I have in natural selection/ evolution. In fact, I've sometimes even been told that I have more Faith than True Christians here who are creationists. So, I am undertaking the following poll to get a better handle on this idea.

I am a True Christian creationist and I believe that atheists and agnostics who defend the theory of evolution have:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    ... more faith than I do.

Here's why I think this is so:

1. The Bible, for example, supports birds and dinosaurs being created on the same day.
    2. Evolution is a game of connect-the-dots, whereas creation supports all species independent of each other, with no link between them.
    3. Evolution from cyanobacteria to man cannot be daisy-chained by photography -- so much for walking by sight.
    4. Evolution comes by way of nature, creation comes by way of miracles.
    5. Evolution, as an fps movie, supports sudden appearance of animals.

3. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,954
    Agnostic
    Why does following the physical evidence require more faith than believing in a story in a book?

4. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I don't consider a game of connect-the-dots "following the physical evidence."

I don't consider the inability to photographically daisy-chain cyanobacteria to man "following the physical evidence."

I don't consider an fps movie "following the physical evidence."

5. Davian

Davian fallible

+1,159
    Ignostic
    Married
    Did you not say a while back that only Jesus could falsify the theory of evolution? Would that not make it a very robust theory, just on that basis?

6. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes, I did.

Why? did I just falsify the theory of evolution?
    I suppose so.

7. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,954
    Agnostic
    Why aren't the dots, which are transitional fossils, evidence for evolution?

The dots are transitional fossils, which we do have.

8. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    You answered your own question.

The dots are the phyical evidence we have in our possession -- which can be photographed.

Photographing them produces an fps movie, not a daisy chain.

The creation week was digital, not analog.

ETA: I just realized you guys make up dots too, so I guess [all the] dots aren't what we have in possession. But that just makes your game of connect-the-dots that much more bogus.

9. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,954
    Agnostic
    You are talking nonsense. We have the evidence for evolution. Your claims about creationism are not supported by the evidence, and are clearly contradicted by the evidence. The only reason that you accept creationism is because it is written in a book.

So why does it take more faith to follow the facts than it does to follow a story in a book?

10. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Because you don't have the evidence for evolution, and you never did.

You might think you do, but you don't.

If you have this evidence, why isn't it all photographed and daisy-chained?

11. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,954
    Agnostic
  12. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Perusing that list, I'm going to assume they deal with what you do have.

But do you, for example, have the genetic makeup of "dots" that you guys have never seen before, let alone photographed?

You assume these [phantom animals] exist, then you retcon your genes and alleles and DNA and whatnot to them.

The technical term for this is: connecting the dots.

13. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,954
    Agnostic
    We have facts. You don't.

Back up this accusation, or withdraw it. I mean it.

14. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Then your facts can take a hike.
    Don't you put these [phantom animals] in line with cyanobacteria → man evolution?

Aren't alleles, genes, and DNA an integral part of the evolutionary process?

15. juvenissun

juvenissun ... and God saw that it was good.

+776
    Baptist
    Married
    Useless survey.

16. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,954
    Agnostic
    No, they won't take a hike. They are going nowhere.

Once again, you demonstrate which side requires more faith. Your claims require us to throw the facts away.

Once again you claim that we are assuming that phantom animals existed. Back up the accusation, or withdraw it.

17. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    The hard facts of evolution are actually lies of the devil -- period.
    That's right.

I believe you call them "common ancestors"?
    I've back it up twice now, in my opinion.

Further requests to 'back it up or withdraw it' will be ignored.

18. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,954
    Agnostic
    Then demonstrate right now that they are lies. Show us the lies. No more empty accusations. DO IT. BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS!!!

Repeating the accusations is not backing it up. BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS!!!!

19. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    How can I show you the lies of the Devil, if you refuse to believe in the Devil?

20. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,954
    Agnostic
    Show us the lies, or withdraw your accusations.