Poll: what's next for a post-Roe v Wade America?

What would you like to see happen if/when Roe v Wade (1973) is overturned?

• The Arizona Plan -- overturn Griswold v Connecticut (1965); outlaw contraception next.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Louisiana Plan, Nationwide -- abortion IS murder, and should be charged as such.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟204,636.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, I suspect they'll find a loophole.

Speaking of loopholes...

Emergency abortions are legal in TX, but 'emergencies' are harder to define

According to the article, the Texas law allows abortion in the case of a "medical emergency," and leaves it to the doctor's discretion to determine what constitutes a "medical emergency."

The doctors are nervous that their decisions will be second-guessed by someone willing to cash in on a quick $10,000, but what if they tried a different tactic, and used their discretion for other purposes?

"Ok, miss, you say you have medical concerns about the pregnancy resulting from your rape....what seems to be the problem you're worried about?"

*takes off her shoe*

"Goodness Gracious! An ingrown toenail! We have no way of knowing what kind of complications could occur from this condition! A medical emergency in my professional opinion... here's your Plan B pill..."

Obviously this is an extreme example, but the point is, what happens if Texas doctors decide to flood the system with "medical emergencies"? Pity the poor bureaucrat who has to follow up on them all.

The doctors should be worried. They already have insurance companies telling them the services they provided based on what they felt were needed are not medically necessary thus not payable.

Now they will have the state telling them that the services they provided were not an emergency thus they will be subject to endless lawsuits up until they go bankrupt or willfully leave the medical profession.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Those parks are in actual US states, correct?

But not subject to their jurisdiction. Federal land = federal laws.

Case in point: Gateway National Recreation Area in Sandy Hook, NJ (no relation to the school shooting site) is a former military base and now a national park. As such, it is patrolled by US Park Rangers, not the NJ State Police. The State troopers have no authority past the gates.

Now, New Jersey has state laws against public nudity, as most states do... but because Sandy Hook is federal land, it is home to Gunnison, New Jersey's only nude beach...

450px-Nude_Beach_Warning_Sign_at_Gunnison_Beach_in_Sandy_Hook%2C_New_Jersey.jpg

...and haven for those who, like me, can't stand tan lines. ;)

Now, before you callously suggest that the land be returned to the state, let me give you a history lesson: Gunnison Beach is named after Battery Gunnison, the artillery base that beachgoers must walk past on their way to the ocean:

Battery-Gunnison-Beach-Concessions.jpg

On hot summer days, the soldiers who once manned the cannons (seen on the right) would skinny-dip in the ocean on their off-duty hours. Hence, Gunnison beach is now clothing optional.

So when people get nude at Gunnison Beach, they are following in the footsteps of a noble tradition established by our brave servicemen! They are getting nekked for their country!

upload_2022-5-17_19-9-47.jpeg

And I, for one, will not abide any un-American nonsense about giving it up.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The doctors should be worried. They already have insurance companies telling them the services they provided based on what they felt were needed are not medically necessary thus not payable.

Now they will have the state telling them that the services they provided were not an emergency thus they will be subject to endless lawsuits up until they go bankrupt or willfully leave the medical profession.

...or leave Texas.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I disagree. One can loathe abortion and still recognize another person's freedom to make their own choices.
And what choices are you supporting?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
But not subject to their jurisdiction. Federal land = federal laws.

Case in point: Gateway National Recreation Area in Sandy Hook, NJ (no relation to the school shooting site) is a former military base and now a national park. As such, it is patrolled by US Park Rangers, not the NJ State Police. The State troopers have no authority past the gates.

Now, New Jersey has state laws against public nudity, as most states do... but because Sandy Hook is federal land, it is home to Gunnison, New Jersey's only nude beach...

450px-Nude_Beach_Warning_Sign_at_Gunnison_Beach_in_Sandy_Hook%2C_New_Jersey.jpg

...and haven for those who, like me, can't stand tan lines. ;)

Now, before you callously suggest that the land be returned to the state, let me give you a history lesson: Gunnison Beach is named after Battery Gunnison, the artillery base that beachgoers must walk past on their way to the ocean:

Battery-Gunnison-Beach-Concessions.jpg

On hot summer days, the soldiers who once manned the cannons (seen on the right) would skinny-dip in the ocean on their off-duty hours. Hence, Gunnison beach is now clothing optional.

So when people get nude at Gunnison Beach, they are following in the footsteps of a noble tradition established by our brave servicemen! They are getting nekked for their country!

View attachment 316030

And I, for one, will not abide any un-American nonsense about giving it up.
They are in actual states, though. No reason someone can’t be tried for murder in California if they kill someone in Yosemite.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So, some unborn deserve to be protected, but those did not?
They deserved to be protected from murder at the hands of other image bearers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
All life is His to give and take. The reason murder is a sin is because man tries to usurp God’s authority.

This is problematic for a few reasons.

1. It implies that might makes right
2. You're limiting it to "murder," not killing in general, which implies that God does occasionally give the thumbs-up for people to kill in His name.
3. It suggests that those who make life have the authority to end it.
4. It removes all agency from people over their own lives.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
They are in actual states, though. No reason someone can’t be tried for murder in California if they kill someone in Yosemite.

Of course they can... In federal court, for breaking federal law, on federal land.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So... A woman goes to a doctor to end an ectopic pregnancy -- she's guilty of murder; case closed. I don't agree, but I think I understand the logic.

But doesn't this same logic mean that a woman who goes to the hospital for some procedure, and signs a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) form has, in essence, signed a suicide note?

Surely her own life is innocent and worth protecting at all costs as well, is it not?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
This is problematic for a few reasons.

1. It implies that might makes right
No it doesn’t.
2. You're limiting it to "murder," not killing in general, which implies that God does occasionally give the thumbs-up for people to kill in His name.
Yes, He has in the past.
3. It suggests that those who make life have the authority to end it.
Yes, it does.

4. It removes all agency from people over their own lives.
No it doesn’t.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.