Poll: What breed of Presbyterian are you?

What breed of Presbyterian are you?

• PCUSA

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • PCA

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • EPC

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • OPC

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • RPCNA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other American Presbyterian

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The word breed makes me think of Golden Retrievers and Dalmatians. :D I now go to a Methodist church near my college campus, but I am still a member of a wonderful Presbyterian church at home. I'm fairly certain it's PCUSA.

http://www.bpcusa.org/#

Upvote 0

GillDouglas

Reformed Christian
Dec 21, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟29,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
What is Pcusa?
Presbyterian Church in the United States of America. They are the largest Presbyterian denomination and pride themselves in being progressive. They are very welcoming to all sinners of various backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual preference. They also are a bit more liberal in their views, often stating that parts of the Bible, such as the OT and books written by Paul, are not true because they didn't come from Jesus. They allow women and gays to lead the church.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,008.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The bible has been scientifically proved that all of the 66 books written by God. See http: www.theomatics.com or Google Ivan Panin. Do you have any sources that the PCUSA believes OT and books written by Paul, are not true because they didn't come from Jesus?
You already asked this on the next thread. I don't think it makes sense to have this discussion twice. I don't believe theomatics would be accepted either by conservative or mainline Presbyterians.

Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You already asked this on the next thread. I don't think it makes sense to have this discussion twice. I don't believe theomatics would be accepted either by conservative or mainline Presbyterians.
I'll delete one of them so it won't be asked twice. The proofs are on its own for those who want to see them. The bible stands on its own . I was wondering why OT and Paul stood out on one of the replies. It's a mystery that the Presbyterians make those books lesser than others.

Upvote 0

GillDouglas

Reformed Christian
Dec 21, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟29,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'll delete one of them so it won't be asked twice. The proofs are on its own for those who want to see them. The bible stands on its own . I was wondering why OT and Paul stood out on one of the replies. It's a mystery that the Presbyterians make those books lesser than others.
I attend an OPC church, and we believe the Bible stands as a whole, not in parts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I attend an OPC church, and we believe the Bible stands as a whole, not in parts.
Even though I posts discoveries in numerics of the bible and at the same time most don't bother to confirm that or go further, I did learn that those that do support that the bible was inspired by God also wrote many articles how common men couldn't write the bible alone, by themselves without the holy spirit leading the hands of the writers. Theses articles explains that the 66 books must be in whole, complete and doesn't include the other 7 books that the Catholics include in thier bible. If the bible is written by God and others say the books contradict each other then we are at fault. It's our fault that we see contraditions in the bible. It confirms total depravity and we don't know how to handle nor interpret why God said things in the Bible. How we see things today is the result God wanted as planned from the beginning. We have no business telling God how things should work and should accept inerrancy and infallibility while we're trying to figure out why we don't believe everything in the bible. I still like to know why presbyterians see Paul's letters are not inerrant and infallibile more than other books.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Theological mutt - grew up in Korean Presbyterian churches that are affiliated with the PCUSA.

Currently a member of a local Church of the Nazarene (Wesleyan theology), BUT I firmly hold to the Three Forms of Unity (especially the Heidelberg Catechism)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The elders in the Presbyterian church decided on gay marriage, which ultimately puts their entire congregation into question.

I'm a Reformed, Calvinist Baptist that obviously disagrees with whatever theology led them there :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0