Poll watcher submits affidavit alleging Houston judge and election staff committed voter fraud

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The poll watcher's affidavit comes amid widespread concerns over voter fraud going into the November Election.

A retired police officer and Texas poll watcher submitted a sworn affidavit to the Harris County District Attorney’s Office earlier this month alleging that he personally witnessed an election judge and staff members committing voter fraud.

In the affidavit, obtained by National File, Raymond T. Stewart claimed that a Houston precinct judge and staff allegedly used a stack of driver’s licenses to allow people to vote at a drive-through window created because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Stewart said he became suspicious that the unattended stack of driver’s licenses sitting on the table constituted a possible crime. He later told someone he knew professionally, Precinct 1 constable, Deputy W. Schultz, what had happened.

“Unfortunately, our conversation was overheard by a staff member in the parking lot. The Deputy went inside the polling location, but at this time the driver’s licenses were removed and hidden from the table,” Stewart said. “The Deputy departed the area apparently to consult with the election task force and supervisors. I spoke with him several times that day via phone and in person regarding my observations.”

Harris County District Attorney’s Office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Stewart, a more than 30-year veteran Texas peace officer and poll watcher for Candidate Andre Hines, said in his affidavit that he arrived at polling location Northeast Multi-Service Center on Spaulding Street in Houston on Oct. 13.

Continued below.
Poll watcher submits affidavit alleging Houston judge and election staff committed voter fraud: report

• Informative
Reactions: Xenophon

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the affidavit, obtained by National File, Raymond T. Stewart claimed that a Houston precinct judge and staff allegedly used a stack of driver’s licenses to allow people to vote at a drive-through window created because of the coronavirus pandemic.
I wonder where they would have gotten driver's licenses that matched registered voters?
He said that they would look through the stack of licenses and select one. Why would they look through the stack for a specific one?
It's all very strange. I hope to see a follow-up to explain what was going on.

Here is a statement from a voter who used a drive-through voter location.
From there, I pulled into a parking spot next to a voter assistant who asked for my ID. She checked me in, had me fill out a quick form (I'm late on updating my driver's license address) and gave me a little slip that has your four-digit code to activate the ballot.

As she handed me the freshly sanitized ballot machine,...

I finished my selections and pressed the red "CAST BALLOT" button. The ballot machine was a bit difficult to move in and out of my driver's seat window, but I eventually handed it off.

I was worried for a second, but the poll worker handed me an "I voted" sticker just before I pulled forward. Score.
Drive-thru voting is my most dystopian 2020 experience (so far)

Upvote 0

tz620q

Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟567,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder where they would have gotten driver's licenses that matched registered voters?
He said that they would look through the stack of licenses and select one. Why would they look through the stack for a specific one?
It's all very strange. I hope to see a follow-up to explain what was going on.

Here is a statement from a voter who used a drive-through voter location.
From there, I pulled into a parking spot next to a voter assistant who asked for my ID. She checked me in, had me fill out a quick form (I'm late on updating my driver's license address) and gave me a little slip that has your four-digit code to activate the ballot.

As she handed me the freshly sanitized ballot machine,...

I finished my selections and pressed the red "CAST BALLOT" button. The ballot machine was a bit difficult to move in and out of my driver's seat window, but I eventually handed it off.

I was worried for a second, but the poll worker handed me an "I voted" sticker just before I pulled forward. Score.
Drive-thru voting is my most dystopian 2020 experience (so far)
Don't know about Texas; but in Indiana, the BMV used to be controlled by the party of the Governor. You can imagine the sort of patronage issues and corruption claims that came out of that. Thankfully, we had a Governor that was not a career politician that stopped that practice.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0