Poll: Trump Tax Returns: Release?

Should the IRS Release Trump Tax Returns?

• Total voters

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
IRS Code section 6103(f).

“Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.”
- "the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request"

The request is based on IRS Code section 6103(f) which s quite explicit when it states that "the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request ..."

The request is not directed to the President, but the Secretary, who is obligated by law to comply with the Committee's instructions - as ong as it is "sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.”

New York and now California are in the process of enacting their own laws t gain access to the President's tax returns!

None of this addresses the intention of those who are harping on this. That's what my post was about.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
The focus on the tax returns is just a way of trying to find something they can use against him, either because he's filthy rich (and therefore evil), or isn't as rich as he claims to be (and therefore would be labeled as not being as successful as he has claimed). On the other hand, Obama's birth certificate was to determine whether or not he was even eligible to be president in the first place.
The request for Obama's birth certificate as made by Donald Trump and the "birthers" who, as private citizens, who were speculating that the President had not fulfilled all the constitutional requirements to hold office.

President Obama was under no legal obligation to produce his American birth certificate and even when it became public, the President and the State of Hawaii were accused of providing a false report!

In marked contrast, this request for "The Donald's" tax returns was made by the Chairman of the House Committee under IRS Code section 6103(f) and with whom the Secretary is legally obligated to comply!

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
None of this addresses the intention of those who are harping on this. That's what my post was about.
Given that "The Donald" stated that "I love WikiLeaks" and "harped" on it approximately 150 separate times during the 2016 Campaign, his willingness to exploit DNC confidential emails, that he knew had been illegally hacked, undermines the credibility of his current demands for privacy when the situation is now reversed!

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Don't hold your breath, the Treasury Dept. isn't going to hand them over without a court order and an act of Congress.

Congress has already acted; that leaves it to the courts. Donald is the sultan of stall, but his adversaries here have him on experience.

New York might, what you will find is that not only is Trump not paying taxes but this is common and legal among those who work in real estate development on that level.

True, Donald is no doubt a card-carrying member of the "$1/year" club; wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Already given up on the whole Russian thing, huh? Seems as though there's got to be something to accuse him of.

Let the Russians go, alde... obsession is unhealthy.

Upvote 0

RichardY

Holotheist. Whig. Monarchical Modalism.
Apr 11, 2019
Spalding
✟16,984.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The request for the birth certificate was originally started by Hilary Clinton, as Obama's main political opponent.

The American Justice system and most of the American people have become rotten. The same people that let off the Billionaire Paedophile Epstein and Isaac Asimov's son, with community service . Are the same people looking into Donald Trump.

Demographics though has now all but, assured victory for the Democrats. So even if Trump gets a second term, it won't matter. The number of Democrat supporters are greater, remnants of a Republic are part of the reason he got elected with less votes than Hilary. One party system from now on.

No Trump shouldn't release his tax returns. He should declare martial law and start mass deportations or succeed California from the Union, but he won't or can't. He didn't take a salary, he could have stayed out of politics, continued to only serve his own greed if that's what people think.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
The request for the birth certificate was originally started by Hilary Clinton, as Obama's main political opponent.

The American Justice system and most of the American people have become rotten. The same people that let off the Billionaire Paedophile Epstein and Isaac Asimov's son, with community service . Are the same people looking into Donald Trump.

Demographics though has now all but, assured victory for the Democrats. So even if Trump gets a second term, it won't matter. The number of Democrat supporters are greater, remnants of a Republic are part of the reason he got elected with less votes than Hilary. One party system from now on.

No Trump shouldn't release his tax returns. He should declare martial law and start mass deportations or succeed California from the Union, but he won't or can't. He didn't take a salary, he could have stayed out of politics, continued to only serve his own greed if that's what people think.

Trump has been unable to get a loan in the US for decades. A significant amount of his debt portfolio was Russian owned. I believe he entered politics precisely to try to serve is own greed.

He claimed he was a "self made billionaire" with only a "small loan" of $1 million from his father, when the truth was that he received over $400 million from his father.

He claimed that he was financing his own campaign, when his campaign actually received over $300 million in donations.

He claims to be so wealthy and successful, yet is known to lie regularly about his net worth, and now is stonewalling legitimate requests into his taxes.

He's a con man, plain and simple.

As far as declaring martial law, I'd wager that's not too far off.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

And the right took it up and ran with it... and ran... and ran...

Truly a persecuted saint if ever there was one...

If the alternative is One Nation Under Donald, it's not a difficult question..

Plenty of people fell for the dog and pony show...

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,013.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

No, that would be people in Trumps cabinet.

Judge: Top Trump Official Went Easy on Billionaire Sex Trafficker

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You’re going tp provide an actual source for this assertion, right?
(“Everybody knows!” isn’t “proof”).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The last time I had a security clearance I was not required to release any information to the public. The first time I ever had a security clearance it was rejected at first and I had to apply for a waiver to get an approval.

What level was your clearance? For mine...there was an investigation that not only looked at my financial and medical records, but also my travel and interviews with basically everyone who knows me going back 10 years....and it's repeated every 5 years.

It's a huge pain in the posterior....and even though it's a high clearance, it's not like I'm privy to the information the president has.

He should have at least the same level of scrutiny....I don't really care if the results are public though.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
From Mirriam-Webster:
self-dealing

I should've explained that I read the definition but don't understand it.

Isn't the reason one engages in a financial transaction because it's for their own benefit?

Upvote 0

jardiniere

Oct 14, 2006
✟152,266.00
Faith
Pantheist
I should've explained that I read the definition but don't understand it.

Isn't the reason one engages in a financial transaction because it's for their own benefit?

No, of course not. Often not, in fact. Sometimes, you are required by your job, to engage in financial transactions for the benefit of others. There was even a law proposed at one time that some financial advisors had a fiduciary duty to not engage in self-dealing while working on their client's portfolios. It didn't pass, IIRC, but not for lack of realizing that sometimes, engaging in financial deals for other must preclude engaging in profit for one's self.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, of course not. Often not, in fact.

I guess it's the example that got me confused....

I mean, selling stock for a client isn't done for the broker's benefit....but the broker selling their own stock in the same company is.

Could you come up with a better example than the one in the link? Is it basically just a form of insider trading?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Your perception of their intentions is irrelevant. The request has been made, it's legal, the IRS should comply.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What level was your clearance? For mine...there was an investigation that not only looked at my financial and medical records, but also my travel and interviews with basically everyone who knows me going back 10 years....and it's repeated every 5 years.

It's a huge pain in the posterior....and even though it's a high clearance, it's not like I'm privy to the information the president has.

He should have at least the same level of scrutiny....I don't really care if the results are public though.

The president is not required to have a security clearance. The president is the authority who grants clearances. It's just one of the realities of the system.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,683.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The focus on the tax returns is just a way of trying to find something they can use against him, either because he's filthy rich (and therefore evil), or isn't as rich as he claims to be (and therefore would be labeled as not being as successful as he has claimed).
Or because of his history of tax fraud. Or activities which on the face of them look a lot like money laundering. Or his problems with election finance laws. Or any number of other reasons.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
You’re going tp provide an actual source for this assertion, right?
(“Everybody knows!” isn’t “proof”).

A lot of people were talking about this when it was relevant, and nobody brings it up? They don't even talk about that. That was reported and nobody talks about it. I heard a lot of the pundits were saying this was the single greatest group of talent ever assembled but very fishy, because I don't know enough to really discuss it. I will say there are people who continue to bring it up but I don't do that because I don't think it's fair and there's something going on -- it's inconceivable. There's something going on. You know, some people say that was not his birth certificate.

Upvote 0