• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

(Poll) President 2008

Discussion in 'St. Justin Martyr's Corner: Debate an Orthodox Chr' started by AureateDawn, Jan 17, 2008.

President 2008?

1. Hilary Clinton

2. John Edwards

3. Barack Obama

4. Rudy Giuliani

5. Mike Huckabee

6. Ron Paul

7. Fred Thompson

8. John McCain

9. Mike Gravel

10. Dennic Kucinich

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AureateDawn

AureateDawn Love & Peace

+129
    Other Religion
    Single
    So out of curiosity, I am wondering who y'all will vote for (as of now, according to current information, etc.) to be President of the United States of America for the 2008 Presidential Election. :) You don't have to explain unless you just want to, this is mostly just to satisfy my curiosity. :p

Ron Paul here. :D (if I could vote... I'll be about 6 months short of the right age. Bah.)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Protoevangel

Protoevangel Smash the Patriarchy!

+1,166
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    In Relationship
    I voted Ron Paul, but SpyridonOCA is beginning to turn my stomach on him.

3. Nichole

Nichole Senior Veteran

+721
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    LOL...............^_^.................I can fully understand why!!!!! :p

4. Breaking Babylon

Breaking Babylon Who is this King of glory? Supporter

+435
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Ron Paul.

5. rusmeister

rusmeister A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian

+3,951
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    You didn't have the option of voting for nobody.

I would exclude Hillary from the list on the grounds that

a) she is a woman*

and

b) she is from an existing oligarchy - in a nation of 300 million people, at least one fifth of which should be theoretically eligible to be president, you shouldn't have two people from the same family get the job. We have enough oligarchy as it is.

Not that it matters. Whoever is elected will have quite limited power to change anything and so business will largely go on as usual. Some country or other will be invaded, corruption on high levels will still be a fact, etc...

I like how it is put in "The Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy":

* This to say that women are too good for politics, not the other way around.

6. AureateDawn

AureateDawn Love & Peace

+129
    Other Religion
    Single
    There were 2 or 3 others I left out, too, because the poll limit was 10. Sorry.

7. Dorothea

Dorothea One of God's handmaidens

+2,393
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Divorced
    US-Others
    Thompson followed closely by Huckabee.

8. Thekla

Thekla Guest

+0
    Alfred E. Newman ?

9. kamikat

kamikat my love is bigger than a cadillac

+332
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    The Libertarian Party hasn't chosen their candidate yet, so I'm not sure.

10. Hoankan

Hoankan TAW Samurai

+320
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    My choice isn't up there. You forgot Mickey Mouse!

11. Knowledge3

Knowledge3 Well-Known Member

+18
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    It would be nice if someone could explain to me how this supposed "democracy and government" in North America works.

. . .

12. Protoevangel

Protoevangel Smash the Patriarchy!

+1,166
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    In Relationship
    Which one(s) do you like the best?

13. rusmeister

rusmeister A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian

+3,951
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Hey, K3, they won't explain it to me - you might as well not hold your breath.

I just think political passions are something the Church will gradually cure us of if we let it. (For me this happened after the 2004 election; up to that time I had been a political animal.)

It's part of "the Christmas Culture" of the West; the focus on trying to turn this world into the Kingdom of God through our efforts. This is not to say that nothing should be done, but we, in general, seriously overestimate the importance of political action.

There is truth in the Evangelical hymn "This world is not my home, I'm just a-passin' through..."

14. Bushmaster78FS

Bushmaster78FS Senior Contributor

+343
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    :| Ron Paul is the most suitable candidate, just like he bashed Abraham Lincoln and his policies on live tv, he will denounce most of the corrupt examples of American history... :sick: :help:we won't be true Americans until we experience Ron Paul. :sigh:

15. IgnatiusOfAntioch

IgnatiusOfAntioch Contributor

+448
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Alan Keyes

16. nutroll

nutroll Veteran

+1,190
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I liked what rusmeister had to say. I'll be voting for Zaphod Beeblebrox.

17. Silentchapel

Silentchapel Saviour of the World, have mercy on us!

+119
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    [​IMG]
    That would be SO cool!

18. Khaleas

Khaleas Also known as Jenn the Finn :)

+331
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Republican
    I voted for Thompson.... for VP... :p
    If my naturalization comes through in time I'm really going to have to think about things again... I've got issues with all the Republican candidates who remain... McCain leans across the aisle a bit too much, Romney I'm not sure how he'll look at Christianity in the end, Huckabee can go live with all his illegal immigrants, Guiliani looks very doubtful right now although I like him on a lot of issues, Ron Paul will probably be wearing one of those straight jackets like his supporters are by the time this campaign is over...

19. Thekla

Thekla Guest

+0
    I'll vote for him based on cool name, alone !

20. Dorothea

Dorothea One of God's handmaidens

+2,393
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Divorced
    US-Others
    The Rep. debate was really good tonight...one of the best this election season. Romney was the best I've ever seen him this evening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.