Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A Quinnipiac University Poll, reported by USA Today, shares the results of who the worst president is since WW2. Obama takes the cake at 33% while the next lowest is G.W. Bush at 28%. Ronald Reagan won the best president poll at 35%. Bill Clinton won the second highest at 18%

I think this goes to show that a lot of Americans haven't been satisfied with our government for at least the last 16 years.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/theo...bush-quinnipiac-poll-reagan-clinton/11985837/

LadyCrosstalk

Aug 19, 2006
✟30,242.00
Faith
Christian
A Quinnipiac University Poll, reported by USA Today, shares the results of who the worst president is since WW2. Obama takes the cake at 33% while the next lowest is G.W. Bush at 28%. Ronald Reagan won the best president poll at 35%. Bill Clinton won the second highest at 18%

I think this goes to show that a lot of Americans haven't been satisfied with our government for at least the last 16 years.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/theo...bush-quinnipiac-poll-reagan-clinton/11985837/

As well they shouldn't be. But it goes back to 1913 and two insidious bits of legislation: 1) The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 and 2) The Internal Revenue Act of 1913.

The first put a private, central bank in charge of our currency and is one of the primary means of siphoning off the productivity gains of our very productive economy and the second, enabled the Federal government to enforce the taxation that would be necessary to finance the national debt that would be acquired. Virtually ALL of the enormous debt that has been acquired has been accumulated since 1913. Every American is now a debt-puppet to the super-wealthy who pull their strings.

The American people really need to get informed about how their government has sold them down the river for many decades now. But I wouldn't count on the mainstream media to do the job as they are also controlled by the same people who control the wealth of the country. There are only six media companies who control over 90% of what is seen and read in this country. Alternative media sites do a good job but the vast majority of Americans do not even know that they exist and continue to tune in to the propaganda that tells them what to think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi saucy,

And likely the next 3.5 years also. One thing that President Trump has done for President Obama...

He's taken President Obama off the bottom of the pile.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted
This wasnt about Trump at all. You have no clue what will happen. You cant name any president the worst in the first few months, but judging overall. Trump can be absolved of this Russian nonsense, get the economy going, and he'd be hailed a hero.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi saucy,

Political polls are also very finicky. They fluctuate pretty regularly based on the last thing a politician might have done. Shortly before your poll (July 2014) President Obama had just been through the shut down of the government and a lot of people were displeased with him at that point in time.

A better poll is one that looks over the entire range of popularity rankings during a president's term and establishes an average for each president and weighs the value of their presidency on the average of their ratings. Here is such a poll:

The Least and Most Popular Modern U.S. Presidents

If we base our judgment on such averages, then President Obama is not the worst, President John Kennedy actually held the highest average approval rating, but that would be for a shorter term. Discounting Kennedy's short term would put President Eisenhower as holding the highest approval average since FDR. But, President Kennedy was a well liked young man. Well, except by at least one person.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As well they shouldn't be. But it goes back to 1913 and two insidious bits of legislation: 1) The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 and 2) The Internal Revenue Act of 1913.

The first put a private, central bank in charge of our currency and is one of the primary means of siphoning off the productivity gains of our very productive economy and the second, enabled the Federal government to enforce the taxation that would be necessary to finance the national debt that would be acquired. Virtually ALL of the enormous debt that has been acquired has been accumulated since 1913. Every American is now a debt-puppet to the super-wealthy who pull their strings.

The American people really need to get informed about how their government has sold them down the river for many decades now. But I wouldn't count on the mainstream media to do the job as they are also controlled by the same people who control the wealth of the country. There are only six media companies who control over 90% of what is seen and read in this country. Alternative media sites do a good job but the vast majority of Americans do not even know that they exist and continue to tune in to the propaganda that tells them what to think.
Thank you for a well-thought out post and not using it as a chance to bash Trump.

Reactions: LadyCrosstalk
Upvote 0

LadyCrosstalk

Aug 19, 2006
✟30,242.00
Faith
Christian
Clinton was good I agree.

Oh, Paul---Clinton was one of the most corrupt Presidents we ever had. I truly thank God that that man is NOT in the White House again. If possible, his wife is even more corrupt than he is (not to mention that she is a lunatic--Bill, at least seems more sane).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Oh, Paul---Clinton was one of the most corrupt Presidents we ever had. I truly thank God that that man is NOT in the White House again. If possible, his wife is even more corrupt than he is.
I thought you'd appreciate views from across the Pacific. :)
He seemed more moral than JFK. I am ashamed to think he (JFK)was a Catholic.

Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This wasnt about Trump at all. You have no clue what will happen. You cant name any president the worst in the first few months, but judging overall. Trump can be absolved of this Russian nonsense, get the economy going, and he'd be hailed a hero.

Hi saucy,

I understand that it wasn't about President Trump. Your closing point was that Americans seemed to have been dissatisfied with the American leadership for at least the last 16 years. I added that they likely will be, and certainly are if we use the same polling realities that you are choosing to use, for the next 3.5 years. The only thing that needs to happen in the future for my prediction to come true is for things to stay exactly like they have stayed for the last few months. For your prognostication, there will need to be some fairly abrupt changes.

However, the claim of your thread, that President Obama is the worst president since WWII was only true in your 2014 poll. If you come up to date, President Trump has now sunk below the lowest approval rating that President Obama has ever had and President Trump isn't nearly through yet. Historically speaking, most presidents start fairly high but then the realities of the job bring their numbers down over the life of their term. Our current leader has started very shortly after his inaugeration with the lowest approval rating of any president to precede him and unless there are some major changes, he's likely to stay there. Which is really going to look bad on his after term average. President Obama, in all of his quarterly approval ratings never went below 41%. President Trump's current approval rating sits at close to 38%.

Now, we are still currently living in the days after WWII and so the claim of your thread title really isn't true. So, I can certainly see why you wouldn't want this comparison that you've picked out to include President Trump.

We'll see.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi saucy,

I can see that you and I live in different worlds. You claim that 'if' President Trump can 'get the economy going'. What's wrong with the economy? Right now today, our economy is close to as strong as it's ever been in the last 10 years. And it's a sustainable growth. Just prior to President Obama's taking of the oath of office, our economy was also booming, but it was booming on the back of tons and tons of borrowed money from mortgages made with bad loan qualifications.

As far as your claim that 'you can't name any president the worst in the first few months' you're going to have to sell that to the news media, not me.

We'll see.

Oh, and while I'm sure you'll be loathe to admit any such thing, guess who was in control when our economy became as strong as it is today? The markets are up. Banks are fairly solid. People have disposable income again and are enjoying the fruits of their labors, unemployment is pretty much where it has always been in recent (30 years) history. Honestly, for the overall economy to be better than it is today, the government would have to be giving away money.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The markets shot straight up on consumer confidence BECAUSE Trump was elected. It had absolutely nothing to do with Obama. We hit a record high under Trump. Many thought and predicted it would tank, but it did the opposite. So, even you have to admit a lot of business owners and CEOs have and remain optimistic.

Yes, I can see we live in different worlds. if you're happy and proud of the job Obama did, then great. But there's a reason why so many supported Trump. Trump even got more black and Hispanic votes than Romney or McCain and he's supposedly a 'racist'.

Obviously there are many millions of Americans who are not happy. They don't see the economy improving in their areas. There aren't as many jobs as there were previously. They see the terrorist attacks and open borders wreaking havoc and getting better treatment than natural-born citizens get. they're tired of the PC culture where free speech is attacked while wasting time debating over social justice issues and where transgender people can go to the bathroom.

A lot of people voted for Obama because he was the 'hope and change' candidate. Blacks considered him a hero. He was a messiah figure to them.

But by the time he left office:
-The economy might've improved some, but it was very sluggish along the way. In no way was there a dramatic return to the days before the recession. The highest rate under Obama was 2.6%. By comparison, Clinton's GDP numbers were more than double that
-Violent crime numbers were way up.
-More unrest and racial divide.
-Federal debt has doubled.
-Number of people on food stamps is up 36%
-Home ownership rates are down.
-Poverty rate is higher
-Catching people at the border was down 53%
-Healthcare falling apart (and no, it's not the fault of the republicans).
-Most of our allies and other countries had a very chilly relationship with Obama. They seem to have warmed up to Trump, especially in the middle east. For a man who supposedly is racist against Muslims, he was well received in their countries.
-Obama interfered in the Hillary investigation to help get her off.

I don't think he was a complete failure, but definitely ineffective as a leader. He never had any major successes that I saw and those he did, they were minor over the lifetime of his presidency. So, you can think of Obama has a hero if you want, but he did nothing for most Americans.

• Winner
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi saucy,

You know, I've always believed that conspiracy theorists believe and see a different reality.

You responded:
The markets shot straight up on consumer confidence BECAUSE Trump was elected. It had absolutely nothing to do with Obama.

You've got to be kidding, right? In March of '09 the DJI was about 6,600. In 2016 the DJI was just below 20,000 at the close of the year. That's triple growth in the years of President Obama's term. Now your claiming that a 2,000 point jump since then is a 'shot straight up'. The 13,000 point growth prior to President Trump's jump was a steady, and so far sustained economic growth. Let's see where it is at the end of the year. Here's a chart of the last year and it will show you that the growth, although good since President Trump took the oath of office, was actually stronger during President Obama's closing days.

The Least and Most Popular Modern U.S. Presidents

I do have some funds invested in the market and so I'm aware of the reality of what the market's been doing since the crash. The shot up in the market since President Trump's inauguration is a confidence being shown in President Trump, but make no mistake, it's a confidence that can be shaken if President Trump is unable to do what he has claimed he will be able to do. So far, that has proven to be problematic for him and no presidency in all of history has ever had the administrative turmoil that President Trump's administration has so far shown. I'm more willing to withhold any accolades for the market based on some perceived work of President Trump for a bit longer. Let's see where the market's stand in 6 months.

As far as the rest of your claims, we'll see.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think initially Obama tried to make big changes for the better, but soon came to the realization that he was not the power in office. Held down by lobbyists, he was nothing more than a puppet. I think when he came to terms with that realization he just ran with it and soon embraced it wholeheartedly. And he got very good at making the special interest groups very rich but at the cost of the average American worker losing.

His legacy is just a house of cards.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I stopped reading after you called me a conspiracy theorist. Trying to have a respectful conversation here NOT based on Trump. This poll has nothing to do with Trump. I get it, you and your fellow democrats think he's Hitler and blame everything on collusion with Russia (if you really want to talk about conspiracy theory with no evidence).

Upvote 0

LadyCrosstalk

Aug 19, 2006
✟30,242.00
Faith
Christian
You've got to be kidding, right? In March of '09 the DJI was about 6,600. In 2016 the DJI was just below 20,000 at the close of the year. That's triple growth in the years of President Obama's term.

Nah--not real growth (which is measured in jobs, in the real world) just proof that the Dems and their bankster cronies were juicing the economy BIG TIME. That increase of $10 trillion to the national debt had to go somewhere--it went into the stock market (hint: that's why the super-rich got so much richer under Obama).

I do have some funds invested in the market and so I'm aware of the reality of what the market's been doing since the crash.

Well good for you. Your impoverished Dem brothers and sisters have not been so fortunate. They've seen more of their jobs dry up under the Dems. The Dems in Washington only care about pleasing their wealthy masters like Soros--they couldn't care less about people who must work for a living.

The shot up in the market since President Trump's inauguration is a confidence being shown in President Trump, but make no mistake, it's a confidence that can be shaken if President Trump is unable to do what he has claimed he will be able to do.

And just who is making life more difficult for President Trump than it needs to be? None other than the Dem clowns like Schumer, Waters and Pelosi who constantly scream about "Russia, Russia, Russia" when there is absolutely NO proof of any such thing. EVERYTHING that the Trump administration has done has been MUCH more open and above-board than anything the Dems have ever done.

So far, that has proven to be problematic for him and no presidency in all of history has ever had the administrative turmoil that President Trump's administration has so far shown. I'm more willing to withhold any accolades for the market based on some perceived work of President Trump for a bit longer. Let's see where the market's stand in 6 months.

And no President in history has had to endure CONSTANT attacks from the Dems and the media who are totally working for their globalists masters. The globalist elites HATE Trump because he is a nationalist and a patriotic American and they especially hate him because they believe that he has deserted his own elite class, in choosing to defend the American middle class.

People like billionaire, George Soros are quite open and frank about wanting to destroy U.S. sovereignty. You do know who he is, don't you? Since most Dems in Washington are on his goodie train (and a few rotten-apple, Republicans, like John McCain) that should tell you something about how they roll.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟200,841.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

LadyCrosstalk

Aug 19, 2006
✟30,242.00
Faith
Christian
I stopped reading after you called me a conspiracy theorist. Trying to have a respectful conversation here NOT based on Trump. This poll has nothing to do with Trump. I get it, you and your fellow democrats think he's Hitler and blame everything on collusion with Russia (if you really want to talk about conspiracy theory with no evidence).

Yep, the Dems make up fake conspiracy theories and harp on it constantly to try to distract from the REAL criminal conspiracies of which the Dems are guilty.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.