Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Democrats hope for a huge mid-term win in 2018 and think they have it in the bag. But they also thought they had 2016 in the bag and it didn't work out for them. They thought they had the special elections in the bag, but ended up 0-5.

I've been saying this for awhile now, but the democrats have no plan. They have no real leader. The ONLY thing they've been focusing on is resisting Trump.

That's basically all Hillary cared about during her campaign, playing a character battle against Donald Trump, and she lost the blue wall because of it.

While Hillary and the democratic party wants to blame Russia for their loss, the reality is, Donald Trump went to Wisconsin. He pounded the pavement here in Michigan on multiple occasions. He spoke to us about things that matter to us: the economy. Jobs. Border security. Health care. But that wasn't the democratic message.

Fast forward until now, and the Democratic Party still has no real leader, no message, and no platform. ALL they STILL care about doing is opposing Trump. That's it.

And I've been saying this over and over again and saying this will hurt the dems in 2018. Well, a recent poll from the Washington Post seems to confirm what I've been saying.

According to this Washington Post-ABC New Poll, the majority of Americans think the only plan the dems care about right now is opposing Trump rather than their agenda or the things Americans really care about.

Only 37% of Americans think democrats have a message and stand for something. Here is how it breaks down:

DE4CzhCV0AAzcUq.jpg:large

Historically, the opposition party often gains seats in midterm elections, and if Trump's current standing doesn't improve, past trends suggest that Democrats would stand to benefit significantly. However, while the president and his party (and their agenda) aren't in good shape, the data above shows how a majority of voters -- fueled by a majority of independents -- view the Democrats as an agenda-less "resistance" outfit, which sounds about right.

Poll: Majority of Americans Say Democrats Have No Agenda Except Opposing Trump

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I've been saying this for awhile now, but the democrats have no plan. They have no real leader. The ONLY thing they've been focusing on is resisting Trump.

That's basically all Hillary cared about during her campaign, playing a character battle against Donald Trump, and she lost the blue wall because of it...Fast forward until now, and the Democratic Party still has no real leader, no message, and no platform. ALL they STILL care about doing is opposing Trump. That's it.
I've been surprised to hear some of the talking heads on even the liberal news channels admit that this is true.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I don't think that right now, they need any plan except resist until the trump administration completely disintegrates. If they cooperate and support right now, people will have forgotten about it during the 2018 election.

• Agree
Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They wonder why we keep defending Trump, but they don't realize we don't care about their efforts to keep pushing the Russia story. They have no meat on the bones or any spark for the smoke they keep venting into the room. They have nothing! When even CNN admits it's a nothingburger and it's pushed for ratings, then they wonder why CNN has the lowest ratings.

It's because the majority of America does not care about this Russia story. And as much as they attack Trump for his low approval numbers, they're still better than the democrats and the media!

President Donald Trump may tweet too much, but his approval ratings are higher than those of the media and the opposition Democrats, a new poll has shown. The results are ringing alarm bells among some liberals.

’Disaster’ poll shows Democrats less popular than Trump, GOP or media

This was true back in March and it's still true today. But they still are refusing to move on. They still act like they're bitter from losing the election. They still think just throwing tons of money at campaigns will win, but it's not the money. It's not Russia. It's not attacking Trump.

Americans wants to move on. They want to focus on things that matter. And while Russia interfering does matter, the desperate attempts to connect it to Trump and their insistence to connect him to their hacking, etc, is beyond desperate, overplayed, and it's costing them big time.

If they hope to win the midterms, then they need to get off the Russia hype hysteria right now and focus on a better message. They need to find a leader, some hip young person their base can rally around, who isn't far left when the country as a whole is moving right, and start coming together with an actual plan for jobs and everything else we care about.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe, but I also think this of Republicans when Democrats are in power. Basically they all screw America for party lines. I have not voted Republican in the last few elections and see no incentive to start doing so anytime soon. That doesn't mean I'll vote Democrat, but mostly because of the healthcare debacle (which is of major need and interest for my family NOW not months from now or next year or in 3 years) I don't trust or believe Republicans want the best for Americans. I actually believe they want to hurt people who are not rich and or conservative Christians instead of representing ALL citizens. If it's between R or D and those are the only choices; I'd honestly go with D.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think that right now, they need any plan except resist until the trump administration completely disintegrates. If they cooperate and support right now, people will have forgotten about it during the 2018 election.
But what if it doesn't disintegrate? What if he gets the healthcare bill through, gets tax reform through, and our economy takes off like a rocket just in time for 2018? Again, the media has a worse approval rating than Trump. A lot of us don't believe what we see on the news and are enthusiastic with what Trump is actually doing when you take away the noise.

No one is going to just vote for the left in 2018 out of hatred for Trump. The special elections proved that. 2016 proved that. And apparently the left is still not listening. They need a message to win and they don't have one.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The Republicans haven't been able pass a healthcare bill despite a majority in congress, and control of the White House. Meanwhile, Trump and co. has Russia on their plate and the man himself is blowing up on Twitter.

I'm not sure the Democrats even have to bother resisting.

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No one is looking great right now. One party can't win (Democrats lost over 1,000 state and federal seats in the Obama years), and the party that wins can't govern. I have never been more worried about my country. Our dysfunction is a threat to democracy.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Republicans haven't been able pass a healthcare despite a majority in congress, and control of the White House. Meanwhile, Trump and co. has Russia on their plate and the man himself is blowing up on Twitter.

I'm not sure the Democrats even have to bother resisting.
Didn't it take Obama 17 months to pass Obamacare, even with a majority at the time? Didn't they have months of revisions, debates, and amendments before it was ready? It's only been a few months here. You guys forget that. If he hasn't implemented his entire agenda before 100 days you guys are ready to throw him in the crapper as a lame duck president.

These bills take times. It's a sensitive issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
You guys forget that. If he hasn't implemented his entire agenda before 100 days you guys are ready to throw him in the crapper as a lame duck president.
You might have a point, if not for Trump himself saying he could get it done within 100 days. In fact, I seem to recall him saying he could get it done on Day 1.

I have no problem holding the man to a standard he set for himself.

Also, as has been frequently pointed out, it's not like Republicans have only had this year to start working on this. They've been talking about doing what they now have the ability to do for years. Is it really too much to ask that they have their ducks in a row?

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Didn't it take Obama 17 months to pass Obamacare, even with a majority at the time? Didn't they have months of revisions, debates, and amendments before it was ready? It's only been a few months here. You guys forget that. If he hasn't implemented his entire agenda before 100 days you guys are ready to throw him in the crapper as a lame duck president.

These bills take times. It's a sensitive issue.

It better not take time. Your boy Trump is demanding that a bill be passed by the August break.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
They wonder why we keep defending Trump, but they don't realize we don't care about their efforts to keep pushing the Russia story. They have no meat on the bones or any spark for the smoke they keep venting into the room. They have nothing! When even CNN admits it's a nothingburger and it's pushed for ratings, then they wonder why CNN has the lowest ratings.

It's because the majority of America does not care about this Russia story. And as much as they attack Trump for his low approval numbers, they're still better than the democrats and the media!

’Disaster’ poll shows Democrats less popular than Trump, GOP or media

This was true back in March and it's still true today. But they still are refusing to move on. They still act like they're bitter from losing the election. They still think just throwing tons of money at campaigns will win, but it's not the money. It's not Russia. It's not attacking Trump.

Americans wants to move on. They want to focus on things that matter. And while Russia interfering does matter, the desperate attempts to connect it to Trump and their insistence to connect him to their hacking, etc, is beyond desperate, overplayed, and it's costing them big time.

If they hope to win the midterms, then they need to get off the Russia hype hysteria right now and focus on a better message. They need to find a leader, some hip young person their base can rally around, who isn't far left when the country as a whole is moving right, and start coming together with an actual plan for jobs and everything else we care about.
Multiple people connected to the campaign had a meeting with people who claimed to have information damaging to Hillary and who were said to be representing the Russian government. If you don't think that's at least something then I don't think anything could make you think there's something.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
But what if it doesn't disintegrate? What if he gets the healthcare bill through, gets tax reform through, and our economy takes off like a rocket just in time for 2018?.
Then.. yay? I don't know, it seems quite impropable from where I stand. What if aliens land in january 2018?

• Agree
Reactions: mina
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
These the same polls that were predicting a Clinton landslide last year?

If a poll says something that looks bad for Trump:

"Polls are inaccurate, and can't be trusted. Remember all those polls saying that Trump would lose?

If a poll says something that's good for Trump.

"Hey, look at this poll!"

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well as the OP's source points out, that same poll is historically terrible for Trump. Makes sense that Dems would want to fight the things that Trump's done that is so unpopular. What I'm proud of is that decent Republicans have stood against disasters like the healthcare plan. To me that gives us a better chance of winning in the future, after the catastrophe of Trump.

• Agree
Reactions: EpiscipalMe
Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
The Democrats hope for a huge mid-term win in 2018 and think they have it in the bag. But they also thought they had 2016 in the bag and it didn't work out for them. They thought they had the special elections in the bag, but ended up 0-5.

That's basically all Hillary cared about during her campaign, playing a character battle against Donald Trump, and she lost the blue wall because of it.

While Hillary and the democratic party wants to blame Russia for their loss, the reality is, Donald Trump went to Wisconsin. He pounded the pavement here in Michigan on multiple occasions. He spoke to us about things that matter to us: the economy. Jobs. Border security. Health care. But that wasn't the democratic message.

Fast forward until now, and the Democratic Party still has no real leader, no message, and no platform. ALL they STILL care about doing is opposing Trump. That's it.

And I've been saying this over and over again and saying this will hurt the dems in 2018. Well, a recent poll from the Washington Post seems to confirm what I've been saying.

According to this Washington Post-ABC New Poll, the majority of Americans think the only plan the dems care about right now is opposing Trump rather than their agenda or the things Americans really care about.

Only 37% of Americans think democrats have a message and stand for something. Here is how it breaks down:

DE4CzhCV0AAzcUq.jpg:large

Poll: Majority of Americans Say Democrats Have No Agenda Except Opposing Trump

Democratic Party....Republican Party....they're basically the same to me.

All they care about is getting elected and then collecting their fat salaries.

It probably won't happen in my lifetime, but I dream of the day when a third party comes into power....a political party that TRULY cares about SOCIAL JUSTICE

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Multiple people connected to the campaign had a meeting with people who claimed to have information damaging to Hillary and who were said to be representing the Russian government. If you don't think that's at least something then I don't think anything could make you think there's something.
It's something only in the regard that they sat down with them and they probably shouldn't. But they weren't Russian officials, they weren't representing the Russian government, and nothing was given or exchanged about the Hillary camp, so the proof or smoking gun that President Trump colluded with the Russians is still elusive.

All that was said in the email is that the Russians wanted to help Trump win. That doesn't mean the Trumps played any part in that, colluded, or was involved in the hacking. In fact, I think this proves they didn't know Hillary was hacked, and thus not involved.

But no, after multiple retractions, fake news stories, and proof that CNN (and probably others) are pushing this for ratings isn't enough red flags for you to decide that maybe not everything you think about this is true? Even Comey said that the people who are talking about it really don't know what's going on, and the people are know what's going on aren't talking about it.

So, Lord only knows what the truth is at this point and taking a meeting with a Russian isn't a smoking gun. A bad decision, but not proof of collusion, especially when nothing was exchanged.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If a poll says something that looks bad for Trump:

"Polls are inaccurate, and can't be trusted. Remember all those polls saying that Trump would lose?

If a poll says something that's good for Trump.

"Hey, look at this poll!"
Just like you're doing right now? Trying to downplay this poll yourself with this comment.

Upvote 0