Poll: Majority of Voters Believe Media Working With Democrats to Try to Impeach Trump

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the "Who would have guessed that", files: Poll: Majority Believe Media Working With Democrats to Try to Impeach Trump

“When they write or talk about the impeachment effort, are most reporters trying to help impeach President Trump or block his impeachment? Or are most reporters simply interested in reporting the news in an unbiased manner?”

A majority, or 53 percent, said they think most reporters are trying to help impeach President Trump when they write or talk about impeachment. On the other hand, 32 percent said that most reporters are interested in reporting the news in an unbiased manner.

Eight percent said most reporters are trying to help Trump by attempting to block the impeachment efforts against him.

Of the majority who think reporters are actively working to assist in the impeachment efforts, 76 percent of Republicans, 48 percent of Independents, and 36 percent of Democrats agreed with the statement
.​

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
‘Trump is losing bigly’: 70% of Americans think his ‘actions were wrong’ in Ukraine fiasco, new poll finds
11/18/2019

A new survey of American public opinion has found a slim majority of Americans, 51%, think President Trump should be impeached and removed from office.

But a far bigger majority of Americans, 70%, say it was wrong for Trump to ask a foreign leader to investigate his political rival, Joe Biden.

58% of those surveyed said they were following impeachment hearings closely with 21% following “very closely.” After the initial week of public hearings, 21% of those surveyed say they have already made up their minds. Of hose already decided on the matter, 60% think it is time for Trump to be removed from office

'Trump is losing bigly': 70% of Americans think his 'actions were wrong’ in Ukraine fiasco, new poll finds
No matter the Republican "spin," 70% of Americans think this President's actions were wrong and the majority not only think he should be impeached, but removed from office!

Those numbers, plus the recent loss of governorship campaigns in the "red" states of Louisiana and Kentucky, should give Republican senators second thoughts about how closely they are willing to tie their political careers to this President!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“When they write or talk about the impeachment effort, are most reporters trying to help impeach President Trump or block his impeachment? Or are most reporters simply interested in reporting the news in an unbiased manner?”

LOL - typical Rasmussen poll question.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟272,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Now, it's been ~25 years since I've written a political survey question (final year of undergrad), but I suspect my professors would have excoriated me for writing a leading question like this:

Unfortunately, breaking this down properly would take more time than I have at the moment, but I challenge any others on the forum with experience in political polling or surveying to break down just how many things are wrong with this question. I can immediately identify two leading statements, one us/them statement and one statement of implicit bias. I'm sure there are more.

The old saw in polling it true - getting the answers you want is just a matter of asking the right type of question.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The poll is from Rasmussen, the most accurate pollster of the 2016 presidential election.

What is the official definition of "most accurate" for a political poll? If this is just your opinion, you are not correct.

Upvote 0

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟129,457.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
From the "Who would have guessed that", files: Poll: Majority Believe Media Working With Democrats to Try to Impeach Trump

A majority, or 53 percent, said they think most reporters are trying to help impeach President Trump when they write or talk about impeachment. On the other hand, 32 percent said that most reporters are interested in reporting the news in an unbiased manner.

Eight percent said most reporters are trying to help Trump by attempting to block the impeachment efforts against him.

Of the majority who think reporters are actively working to assist in the impeachment efforts, 76 percent of Republicans, 48 percent of Independents, and 36 percent of Democrats agreed with the statement
.​
Of course they are. Because Trump committed a crime.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: evoeth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The poll is from Rasmussen, the most accurate pollster of the 2016 presidential election.
Rasmussen got lucky once but not since. We are talking the poch.times.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Stanford, that is true, but "FIFY" is not allowed on this forum.

I would hope that it's only prohibited in instances where it's blatant trolling rather than actually substantiating what the person wrote, just in a cheeky way. :) But nevertheless I'll edit since I suspect some here (not you) make a hobby out of hunting posts to report, haha. Thanks for the heads up.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,106.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is false. You were corrected the last times you posted it, and it is no more true now than it was then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

.​
It does kinda reaffirm one's faith in the good sense and perceptiveness of the average person, doesn't it?

• Agree
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0