Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Moderator Application
Name:

JDIBe

Why do you want to be a CF moderator?

There seems to be a shortage of RM moderators at present. The forum seems to be in a difficult transition period. I have enjoyed my time here, and would like to give back.

You are expected to be on CF for at least one hour four times a week. Are you able to provide this commitment?

Yes.

Do you have previous experience in moderation?

No

What attributes do you think you could bring to the job?

I have no previous actual experience. I have seen forums I really enjoyed destroyed by over-moderation due to personality conflicts. I have also seen forums destroyed due to ignoring problems that should be dealt with in a swift manner. Such problems when left unchecked, tend to grow and ultimately destroy a board. I hope to draw upon my experiences as a member on other boards in helping to moderate this one.

As for my attributes, I think I am fairly even-tempered, patient enough (or too vain :) ) to not take things personally. I respect other people's opinions even when I don't agree, but I have no problem telling them I don't and giving them reasons why. It is possible to respect a person but not agree with them.

My "show all posts" on my homepage is, and always has been, enabled. Please feel free to browse through what I have written since I arrived. I have nothing to hide.

Are you
over 16?

Considerably past that. (39)

Which Forums do you want to work in?
NCBC

Referred by which current staff member?

FreeinChrist
-----------------------------------------------------
Tell us a bit about yourself here.

My name is John Anderson. I am 39 years old and currently serve as a Deacon (Education and Missions) at Fairmont coC in Midland, TX. I am married with two kids, a boy and a girl. I am fairly conservative by nature, but try to be more concerned with being "right" than liberal, conservative or moderate. I have a deep respect for God's Word. My hobbies include golf and improving my skill on guitar, which I started playing two years ago.

-----------------------------------------------------

flaglady

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2005
✟64,796.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
THIS THE CURRENT PROCEDURE

1. This current guideline is only in effect until the community establishes WIKI guidelines for holding moderator elections, and no later than December 31, 2007.

2. Moderators elected under this guideline keep their positions until December 31, 2007.

3. To receive a nomination, a candidate must approach or be approached by a moderator and receive their support.

4. The supporting moderator will start two threads.
a. A poll with two options. "Yes" and "Apply Later".
b. A thread for Q&A with the candidate. In this thread there will be no more than ONE primary post per member (questions or statements)--with the ONLY exception being ONE additional post for one of the following reasons:
1. to ask ONE follow up question (must be directly related to the original question)
2. to clarify the orignial question IF asked by the applicatant, or
3. to recant a statement made by the member in the original post the member made.
c. While the application itself is no longer necessary, it might be usefull to use the old mod application to glean some of the questions for the applicant.
5. The poll and Q&A threads will remain open for 7 days. At this point they will be closed.

6. At the end of the seven days, the votes will be tabulated.
Greater than 70% approval (Yes votes) will result in the candidate being elected.
This option is chosen over a simple majority (50% +1%) to avoid polarizing the fora.
70% or greater demonstrates a wide degree of acceptance of the candidate.

NB: unauthorised votes from non-members or socks will be removed from the final tally and the result amended accordingly

Upvote 0