• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Poll: How do you receive Holy Communion? (CATHOLICS ONLY)

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by LaudeturIesus, Feb 18, 2018.

How do you receive Holy Communion?

1. Kneeling, and on the tongue

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Standing and on the tongue

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  3. Standing and in the hand

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. I also receive from the chalice

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  5. Other (please specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Fenwick

Fenwick ☩ Broman Catholic ☩

+9,117
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    I go to a Latin Rite parish that has the Ordinary Form of the Mass. We don't have any communion rails, so I receive standing on the tongue. I've never drank from the chalice though. I try practice like I would if I were attending a TLM.

We were taught to bow, not genuflect. Once in a blue moon I'll see someone do it. I know one of the catechists genuflects and receives kneeling.

2. LaudeturIesus

LaudeturIesus New Member

+21
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Neither have I. I would in theory :p

3. LaudeturIesus

LaudeturIesus New Member

+21
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    We don't have altar rails either. Sometimes they bring out kneelers for those who choose to kneel, but otherwise I'm just kneeling on the ground. I kneel to receive Holy Communion kneeling, not just when it's comfortable.

4. SaNcTaMaRiA

SaNcTaMaRiA I am a man...who loves our Lady! Supporter

+1,042
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Next Sunday genuflect. See how it feels :).

5. LaudeturIesus

LaudeturIesus New Member

+21
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Or it doesn't have to be Sunday; you could go to Mass tomorrow and try. :p

I tend to be at church nearly every day of the week; I try to go to Mass every day I can (which right now is just Sunday), but I get out early from school because I don't have a 5th period so I drive to Adoration.

For example, Tuesday I went to church to go to confession. Wednesday I went to Mass and Adoration. Thursday and Friday I went to Adoration. Saturday I went to confession because I committed a mortal sin since Tuesday. Sunday I went to Mass.

6. Fenwick

+9,117
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    That's cool. I would but I don't feel comfortable holding up the line.

I might do that, I've only been at this a year though so I feel uncomfortable doing anything that draws attention to myself.

On the upside I heard last week that my parish could be undertaking a big restoration project soon, so hopefully that's true and it includes installing communion rails!

7. SaNcTaMaRiA

SaNcTaMaRiA I am a man...who loves our Lady! Supporter

+1,042
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I wish we had communion rails. I wouldn't worry about drawing attention. Just genuflect and act natural. If you do draw attention who cares. Those people should be praying and worrying about themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. LaudeturIesus

LaudeturIesus New Member

+21
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    It doesn't take up the line any longer than a few more seconds.

I've been Catholic less than a year.

We have the high altar and side altars still at our historic church. They did install a versus populum altar and removed the altar rails after VII though...

9. Azureknight 773

Azureknight 773 IXA the Knight Kamen Rider CF Ambassadors

+552
    Philippines
    Catholic
    Single
    Kneeling, and on the tongue

- When attending the Traditional Latin Masses aka Tridentine Mass.

Standing and on the tongue

- When attending Novus Ordo Masses.

10. Unveiled Artist

Unveiled Artist Look! Its like thr Nothing never was.

+59
    United States
    Buddhist
    Private
    hm. I thought geneflecting was customary with the sign of the cross? I learned something new.

11. Unveiled Artist

Unveiled Artist Look! Its like thr Nothing never was.

+59
    United States
    Buddhist
    Private
    I didnt know my post was funny. :(

-
    @LaudeturIesus

Congrads Laude. The Church is very beautiful and devotional. I used to, but would ago again, congradulate congregants at the Easter Vigil. Very nice.

12. RileyG

RileyG Veteran

+426
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Standing on the tongue. (I almost never receive on my hand, I have before though). If I receive on my hand, I am scared to death of accidentally wiping some of the Eucharist away.
    If they have an altar rail, I will kneel. Otherwise, I would only stand because I do not want to trip anyone.

From my observations, almost no one receives on the tongue anymore. Those that do tend to be older. (NOT DEBATING- just an observation from my parish and other places where I attended Mass).

Latin Rite Catholic, Ordinary form.

13. Fenwick

+9,117
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Right on man.

14. TuxAme

TuxAme Quis ut Deus? Supporter

+3,209
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    Same. That's one thing I miss about my days as an Episcopalian.

15. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,484
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I commend you for actually noticing that. Many of our fine Protestant brothers and sisters seem totally not to be able to see that.

16. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,484
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I appreciate the reverence people here have for a worthy reception of the Eucharist. Even if we differ a bit, we all seem to be taking it seriously. Thanks.