Not open for further replies.

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. Your poll responses are biased. You do realize that, don't you?

2. The mods are listed in the forum. Check out their profiles. Deamiter is a TE and Irenaeus is OEC. Mark Kennedy was a mod, he's YEC. I thought RightWingGirl was a mod here too, perhaps she was transferred in the staff reorganization, and she is YEC as well.

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Please learn how to make a proper unbiased poll. The poll, as stated, is awful. I agree with the truth of the Genesis account (but not that it is the literal fact some YECs want it to be) and agree with the TE position. Which option would I (were I a mod) choose?

EDIT: I would also like to add that the mods have done a fantastic job of dispensing moderation where it is needed, on both sides of the debate. From personal experience I cannot say that mods have unfairly supported their own position or unfairly punished the opposite.

Upvote 0

LoG

Veteran
Site Supporter
May 14, 2005
✟70,204.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
bullietdodger said:
I'm interested to find out how many mods are TEs.
Do you as mods find it easier to enforce the rules for those who agree with you position? Do you enforce the rules when those you agree with break them?

I think the poll is moot. The Origins forum here at CF has to be about the most un-moderated forum I have come across. :help:

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I assume you meant MODs as well as non-MODs (like myself). I was inspired by your poll of wackiness, so I decided to come up with one of my own. Please give this some thought before responding:

Choose one (1) of the following to be true (thereby declaring the rest false):

1. The OP posted a biased poll.
2. Statement 1 is false.
3. Statement 2 is true.

Reactions: shernren
Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Willtor said:
I assume you meant MODs as well as non-MODs (like myself). I was inspired by your poll of wackiness, so I decided to come up with one of my own. Please give this some thought before responding:

Choose one (1) of the following to be true (thereby declaring the rest false):

1. The OP posted a biased poll.
2. Statement 1 is false.
3. Statement 2 is true.

Is there a [brain exploding] emoticon?

Upvote 0

daveleau

In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
bullietdodger said:
I'm interested to find out how many mods are TEs.
Do you as mods find it easier to enforce the rules for those who agree with you position? Do you enforce the rules when those you agree with break them?

Yes, we have TE mods, Gap Theory mods, Young Earth mods and Old Earth mods.

Our staff is a team with 6 levels of checks and balances, and bias is dealt with in accordance with our protocol, whether it is in support of or against a group that is Christian under our benchmark, which is the Nicene Creed. The only exceptions are the more controversial issues listed in rule 4.7 and include:
a. Full Preterism.
b. Open Theism.
c. Universalism or Universal Salvation.
d. Annihilationism.
e. Freemasonry.

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
daveleau said:
Yes, we have TE mods, Gap Theory mods, Young Earth mods and Old Earth mods.

Our staff is a team with 6 levels of checks and balances, and bias is dealt with in accordance with our protocol, whether it is in support of or against a group that is Christian under our benchmark, which is the Nicene Creed. The only exceptions are the more controversial issues listed in rule 4.7 and include:
a. Full Preterism.
b. Open Theism.
c. Universalism or Universal Salvation.
d. Annihilationism.
e. Freemasonry.

So is that to say that these subjects are dealt with differently from orthodox theological issues as prescribed by Rule 4.7 or that there is no such thing as a Mod who is a Full Preterist Freemason?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

daveleau

Apr 12, 2004
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
chaoschristian said:
So is that to say that these subjects are dealt with differently from orthodox theological issues as prescribed by Rule 4.7 or that there is no such thing as a Mod who is a Full Preterist Freemason?

If I read the above correctly, both. We treat these differently by not allowing their discussion in this area, and we don't have any of these on staff as far as I know.

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
daveleau said:
If I read the above correctly, both.

You did.

We treat these differently by not allowing their discussion in this area,

I am familiar with this, and support the rule.

and we don't have any of these on staff as far as I know.

Follow up question to this then (if this is an ok place to keep asking these questions): is a full preterist Freemason allowed on staff? Or is there an orthodoxy test of sorts?

Upvote 0

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
chaoschristian said:
Follow up question to this then (if this is an ok place to keep asking these questions): is a full preterist Freemason allowed on staff? Or is there an orthodoxy test of sorts?

I thought some non Christians were mods? Is that not so?

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pats said:
I thought some non Christians were mods? Is that not so?

That issue was raised a number of weeks ago in the not too distant past.

Erwin's response was without question a solid no in that regard. He views CF as a Christian ministry and to that end all staff members must be Christian.

My question is (acknowledging that this is off topic and out of place) how 'orthodox' does one have to be in order to be a Mod?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

daveleau

Apr 12, 2004
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are getting a bit off topic, but... One must agree with the Nicene Creed as it was intended. As far as the above applying, I have no idea. Sorry. That might be a question for the ? about CF area for someone who has been more involved in moderator applications for a longer time.

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
daveleau said:
We are getting a bit off topic, but... One must agree with the Nicene Creed as it was intended. As far as the above applying, I have no idea. Sorry. That might be a question for the ? about CF area for someone who has been more involved in moderator applications for a longer time.

Understood. I'll leave it at that.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
stumpjumper said:
Well...

I'm a Theistic evolutionist but the options on the poll were not really well worded because I also accept the truth in the Genesis account...

Hint: There is no unified TE position to support. So just support the truth of Genesis. That's what I did.

Besides, it doesn't look like the OP is coming back.

Upvote 0

bullietdodger

Jan 17, 2006
✟15,209.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you to the mods who have responded. For those who have responded and are not mods, this poll was not for you. Your opinion doesn't matter on this thread. However, many of you have said that this poll is bias. You are right, it is bias, but everyone has a bias so the point is mute. Disagree? Reread you own posts, they too are biased.

Mods, just so you know, this thread is not meant to disrespect any of you. I have just been curious as you where you all stand. Thank you for your replies. I especially appreciate those who have posted who feel that the choices do not reflect your view point and have done so in your posts.

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
bullietdodger said:
However, many of you have said that this poll is bias. You are right, it is bias, but everyone has a bias so the point is mute. Disagree? Reread you own posts, they too are biased.

With regards to our own personal opinions, you are correct, we have our own particular biases.

With regards to formulating a good poll that will actually inform you with objective data rather than simply confirming your own presuppositions, then it is not a simple matter of 'well, we all have biases, but a matter of good methodology.

Your poll was the equivalent of me asking you if you've stopped beating your wife yet.

Well, have you?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.