Poll...Do You Believe Conspiracy Theories Have Merit?

Do You Believe Conspiracy Theories Have Merit?

• Have merit

• No merit

• Love them

• Hate them

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have noticed quite a few, what I call conspiracy theories in this forum. They are topics which generally do not have any bases for biblical precedent, and are basically vain surmisings from some unknown on the internet. The bible states in Colo 2:8, Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
As far as I know, everything that we need to know in the end times is right in Gods Word. We that are Christians know that there is a very real Devil and demonic forces are at work in the world. That is not to say that every organization, Lodge, Club, etc has anything relating to any certain end time scenario. There are evil people in ALL such gatherings...even in churches. To try and pin point certain criteria to link individual organizations to the Antichrist, the government of the Antichrist, any person who might even know the Antichrist personally ^_^, is not only futile, but takes people away from the actual reality that the Antichrist could be standing in front of your face and you wouldn't recognize him. The bible states that he will be revealed..2Thess 2:3, not come off of the internet on some spurious search for the next big deception thinking that it is prophecy unfolding. Instead of ingesting garbage off of the internet, we as Christians should be ingesting Gods Word and listening to the voice of His Spirit. Your thoughts on this?

B

Bible2

Big Mouth Nana posted in message #1:

As far as I know, everything that we need to know in
the end times is right in Gods Word.

Everything that we need to know in the end times is
right in God's Word (Mark 13:23, Revelation 1:1,
22:16), but we still have to apply what we've learned
in God's Word to what we see in the world around us.

... the Antichrist could be standing in front of your
face and you wouldn't recognize him.

In order to recognize the Antichrist if he is standing
in front of our face, or recognize those groups who may
be preparing his way before him, we need to apply what
we've learned in God's Word to everyone and every group
that is standing in front of our face, to see how they
match up with the evil that God's Word says will take
over the whole world during the reign of the Antichrist
(Revelation 13:4-18).

The bible states that he will be revealed..2Thess 2:3

The Antichrist himself will ultimately be revealed
without question (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4), but only to
those who apply what they've learned in God's Word to
what they will be seeing in front of them (Matthew
24:15).

Instead of ingesting garbage off of the internet, we
as Christians should be ingesting Gods Word and
listening to the voice of His Spirit.

There is more than garbage on the internet.
Determining what is garbage and what is not requires
testing everything to see how it lines up with the
Word, and the Spirit, who could very well use an
internet post to point someone in the right direction
in applying what they've learned in God's Word to
what they are seeing in front of them.

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everything that we need to know in the end times is
right in God's Word (Mark 13:23, Revelation 1:1,
22:16), but we still have to apply what we've learned
in God's Word to what we see in the world around us.
I wasn't referring to burying our heads in the sand lol. I've been in the Word many years Bible2. I do believe in "keeping watch" as the day approaches. I do not believe that people should be scouring the internet sucking up hype. If a person runs across something happening that correlates with prophecy, then amen!! Nine times out of ten on here, it's all conjecture, hype, and sensationalism. Evil is evil, and there is one father of evil...Satan. Why dissect the evilness trying to fit it into a mold that a person is hoping is prophecy? I personally can read the front page of the newspaper or watch the news to hear about evil...not go looking for it all bug eyed in the hopes of making a new topic on CF...which I rarely do anymore. Some people are caught up into conspiracy theories on here, and they are all the same old topics from 5 years ago when I signed up, and probably before that. They just made the rounds again. There are leaders in this type of topic, and they have a following..albiet some of us who have been on here a long time who aren't gullible denounce this type of thing...garbage in, garbage out...so they can receive more garbage!!

In order to recognize the Antichrist if he is standing
in front of our face, or recognize those groups who may
be preparing his way before him, we need to apply what
we've learned in God's Word to everyone and every group
that is standing in front of our face, to see how they
match up with the evil that God's Word says will take
over the whole world during the reign of the Antichrist
(Revelation 13:4-18).
Absolutely. That would make a good topic of those kind that are preparing the way for the Antichrist...go for it. I won't because I can tell you right now that the conspiracy theorists will point to every evil organization on the planet. There is only one Devil!! I am looking for bigger events to happen then just the evil that is going on in this world right now, and has been for years. I'm looking for headline news of such events that are unmistakable and point to the bible. I already know the Devil is busy.

The Antichrist himself will ultimately be revealed
without question (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4), but only to
those who apply what they've learned in God's Word to
what they will be seeing in front of them (Matthew
24:15).
Kind of hard to know what to look for if you have your head into every conspiracy theory on the planet.

There is more than garbage on the internet.
Determining what is garbage and what is not requires
testing everything to see how it lines up with the
Word, and the Spirit, who could very well use an
internet post to point someone in the right direction
in applying what they've learned in God's Word to
what they are seeing in front of them.
I didn't say that everything on the internet is garbage. Do you believe that every story involving evilness on the internet means something dramatically prophetic? I sure don't. Like I said, there is only one Devil. I am certainly not going to give him the credit that he thinks that he deserves by dissecting his over all evilness and posting these kind of topics. We need to be aware of the realities of Gods Word, not the "maybes" of the internet conspiracy theorists.
As far as pointing someone to Gods Word by what they see, I don't see anything that pin points prophecy in some of these topics. It just shows me more of the Devil doing his thing. If someone who is new in the Lord asks about, oh lets say, Maitreya, then we can bring up the false christs in the world aspect of the Word. Something like that is different and Jesus said that it would happen. Even God didn't dissect every aspect of evil in the bible, but did show us implicitly about the Devil and his workings. We should all be watching as the day approches, but signs on a larger scale then what we have witnessed over the years. The ones in Matt 24 are biggies!!!
2 Cor 10:4-5 ~ (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal), but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;
5 Casting down IMAGINATIONS, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
there dosn't seem to be much interest in this subject..
Not sensationalistic enough ;) Some want their ears to itch...2 Tim 4:3-4 ~ For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
I refuse to participate in hype. That is why I am a member of another site that sticks to the bible...not mans thinking running straight for the Twilight Zone.

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have noticed quite a few, what I call conspiracy theories in this forum. They are topics which generally do not have any bases for biblical precedent, and are basically vain surmisings from some unknown on the internet. The bible states in Colo 2:8, Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
As far as I know, everything that we need to know in the end times is right in Gods Word. We that are Christians know that there is a very real Devil and demonic forces are at work in the world. That is not to say that every organization, Lodge, Club, etc has anything relating to any certain end time scenario. There are evil people in ALL such gatherings...even in churches. To try and pin point certain criteria to link individual organizations to the Antichrist, the government of the Antichrist, any person who might even know the Antichrist personally ^_^, is not only futile, but takes people away from the actual reality that the Antichrist could be standing in front of your face and you wouldn't recognize him. The bible states that he will be revealed..2Thess 2:3, not come off of the internet on some spurious search for the next big deception thinking that it is prophecy unfolding. Instead of ingesting garbage off of the internet, we as Christians should be ingesting Gods Word and listening to the voice of His Spirit. Your thoughts on this?
hi nana

the revealing of Satan is going to be done by CHRIST at His 7th trump arrival. Christ's arrival shall show the world who is who...the world thought that Jesus was on earth leading them, when it is really going to be the supernatural fallen angel Satan (in his own supernatural angelic body)

Christ's arrival here on earth reveals Satan for who he is...the false messiah the one that comes instead of Christ or antiChrist.

2Thes2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

revealed as the son of perdition

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

disguised as an angel of light (2Cor11:14-15)

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

Michael is against him in Daniel...and in Revelation12

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

funny....imo, a man of flesh being the antiChrist is another one of those traditions/conspiracy theories...

Upvote 0

gwynedd1

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟18,093.00
Faith
Christian
The whole premise is a generalization. Thats why the thread is unpopular. People conspire frequently. Even the most famous recently being 9/11 has as the popular theory that 19 hijackers conspired. Nixon conspired to hide Watergate. The Reichstag fire is accepted as a factual false flag. Nero conspired against Christians. What you really mean is conspiracy theories that have no evidence and then be specific.
Conspiring is central to the faith of Christianity in that it is one of the great sins we contend with. It is evil men hiding from the light and it happens all the time.

Matthew 12
12"(K)How much more valuable then is a man than a sheep! So then, it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."
13Then He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand!" (L)He stretched it out, and it was restored to normal, like the other.
14But the Pharisees went out and (M)conspired against Him, as to how they might destroy Him.

Upvote 0
H

hiscosmicgoldfish2

I'll just say that the internet is not a good place to get information.. or rather try and get information. I am reading a book now.. Secrets of Antigravity Propulsion by Paul A. Lavioette, PHD.. as i am interested in this.. if you look through the internet you will find almost nothing on this subject.. to form opinions on various things, I think you need to read books.. written by people who have spent a lot of time and effort doing investigation.. and are qualified also.. although I find the lectures of people like Kent Hovint and Walter Veith very interesting.. Antigravity propulsion might be considered a conspiracy.. on the internet anyway..
I can also recommend.. One Small Step, by Gerhard Wisnewski (the moon landings).. Circle of Intrigue by Texe Marrs.. and one of my favourite writers.. Steve Wohlberg (christianity), Hugh Ross also writes some interesting books.. that's me anyway.. i form my opinions by reading the ideas/thoughts of others..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
;
funny....imo, a man of flesh being the antiChrist is another one of those traditions/conspiracy theories...
Hi zeke. I don't consider a man being indwelt by the spirit of Satan a conspiracy theory. Most Evangelical Christians that I know believe this, as well as I do, as that is the way the bible reads to us. You are the first person in 5 years that I have ran across on here that believes it is just Satan. I personally didn't get this belief off of the internet, but out of the bible. Different interpretations of the WORD do not constitute a conspiracy theory, but what we perceive as biblical fact. Mis-interpretation is just that, not a conspiracy theory. Example of a conspiracy theory: I read on the internet today that a space observatory in Switzerland stated that they saw a huge glowing city descending through a black hole. Now do you know how many people on here would eat that up like a buzzard on road kill? Some Christians would think that the New Jerusalem is coming down, when in fact it doesn't happen until the 1000 years end. People take the word off of the internet with out any biblical knowledge or the sense to check biblical facts. They believe most anything that passes their eyes and then spread it on here and other sites as this is the gospel truth. I look at that as a form of Satanic deception and Satan using them as a tool to spread a lie....hype...hype...hype!!! Now my first thought would be if I read an internet story like this is, that it could be a huge Meteor or something else..not the New J.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The whole premise is a generalization. Thats why the thread is unpopular. People conspire frequently. Even the most famous recently being 9/11 has as the popular theory that 19 hijackers conspired. Nixon conspired to hide Watergate. The Reichstag fire is accepted as a factual false flag. Nero conspired against Christians. What you really mean is conspiracy theories that have no evidence and then be specific.
Conspiring is central to the faith of Christianity in that it is one of the great sins we contend with. It is evil men hiding from the light and it happens all the time.
Hi gwynedd. I believe that some of us know what a conspiracy theory is and what it is not. A conspiracy theory usually does not have any biblical premise for it, or they can be on the fringe to where a person can be sucked in. I figure that Satan is real good at making a lie sound right. That is one of his jobs and why we have so many false religions. Most false religions have some truth mixed in. I don't think that we as Christians should have to contend with conspiring as you stated. If it is a sin as you stated, and as I believe also, should we just give into it? That is letting your mind rule your Spirit which should be the other way around...1 Cor 2:16 ~ For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ....supposed to anyway.
I thought this sponsered link on dictionary.com was fitting when looking up the exact definition of conspiracy theory. I put it in red.

conspiracy theory

Sponsored Links Freemasonry Illuminati
Forgotten 113 Year Old Book Reveals Secrets Of Illuminati
FreemasonSecretsRevealed.com/Lodge

2 dictionary results for: conspiracy theory
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This conspiracy theory –noun 1.a theory that explains an event as being the result of a plot by a covert group or organization; a belief that a particular unexplained event was caused by such a group. 2.the idea that many important political events or economic and social trends are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public.

Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This conspiracy theory –noun 1.a theory that explains an event as being the result of a plot by a covert group or organization; a belief that a particular unexplained event was caused by such a group. 2.the idea that many important political events or economic and social trends are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public.
Now you've defined what we generally thought you were referring to.
Yes, I think some of the conspiracies are real. As for a biblical reference, In Dan 11:30 talks of having 'intelligence' with them..... For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.

The Greek and Roman 'beasts's of Daniel were in league with ideas of world dominion. 11:23... And after the league [made] with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.

So also, Isaiah 59 refers to a group that was conspiring and weaving webs.
vs 4, None calleth for justice, nor [any] pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity.

vs 6. Their webs shall not become garments, neither shall they cover themselves with their works: their works [are] works of iniquity, and the act of violence [is] in their hands.

vs 5. They hatch cockatrice' eggs, and weave the spider's web: he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper.
Notice the reference to a Viper. A viper injects poison into the body. An analogy could be made of injecting untruth into the church; injecting ideologies into a society; injecting false weights and balances of money into economies and especially false doctrines into people.

I dont' think communism and socialism started wiht Marx and lenin. It is an outgrowth of judaism and other world 'religions' that are against the way of Life. It is not that communal sharing is bad at all, but these are not the goals of communism, socialism or atheism. The goal of those programs would be for those who oversee and lord over the 'commune's' to maintain control and lordship.

Anyhow, yes, I believe there are men and people plotting strategies to attempt world dominion. You can read about some of them on various conspiracy sites or just using some common sense, that the 'world system' has been at work for a long time. Historical records attest to many of them without much question. For example, during the early 1900's one of Woodrow Wilsons advisors was a Samuel Untermyer. Untermyer was a zionist. Wilson had blackmailable baggage in his closet. Untermyer offered to pay his blackmailing party in exchange for being able to nominate next supreme court justice. That appointment also turned out to be a zionist who was instrumental in both going to war and especially in supporting and crafting the Balfour declaration. Brandies was in league with other zionists and the financial manipulators of world jewry.
Brandeis brought his influence in the Woodrow Wilson administration to bear in the negotiations leading up to the Balfour Declaration. Brandeis split with the European branch of Zionism, led by Chaim Weizmann, and resigned a leadership role in 1921. He retained membership, however, and remained active in Zionism until the end of his life.
Thus, Untermyer would have been conspiring with those same world leaders to help get Brandeis nominated and elected for the goals and gain of the zionists. It's a simple reality that people of high influence and ability would conspire together to maintain that influence and ability.

Kennedy's assasination, 9/11, the Civil war, the federal reserve act, in addition to those mentioned by Gwyndd1 are among activities that I feel were given false causes to mask the real reason and people behind them. Conspiracies are only 'theories' to those who believe the published reports and do not or cannot take the time to research information on their own or who do not believe the information offered by people who have done that research.

Since there are such a broad array of such conspiracies theories, you will have to be specific to get more specific answers. The city coming out of the black hole might not be a conspiracy, but rather could be dust on the lense, or perhaps your literal 1000 yrs interpretation is the conspiracy of untruth. Several options to consider. When several other astrological agencies confirm a city in thier lenses, then it would be time to consider a reality or a conspiracy of untruth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gwynedd1

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟18,093.00
Faith
Christian
Hi gwynedd. I believe that some of us know what a conspiracy theory is and what it is not. A conspiracy theory usually does not have any biblical premise for it, or they can be on the fringe to where a person can be sucked in. I figure that Satan is real good at making a lie sound right. That is one of his jobs and why we have so many false religions. Most false religions have some truth mixed in. I don't think that we as Christians should have to contend with conspiring as you stated. If it is a sin as you stated, and as I believe also, should we just give into it? That is letting your mind rule your Spirit which should be the other way around...1 Cor 2:16 ~ For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ....supposed to anyway.
I thought this sponsered link on dictionary.com was fitting when looking up the exact definition of conspiracy theory. I put it in red.

conspiracy theory

Sponsored Links Freemasonry Illuminati
Forgotten 113 Year Old Book Reveals Secrets Of Illuminati
FreemasonSecretsRevealed.com/Lodge

Hello Big Mouth Nana,

The Reichstag fire applies to definition 2. Nazis seized power in part by burning down the Reichstag and blaming it on their political opponents.
Operation Ajax? I did not know about it until recently.

http://www.nytimes.com/library/world/mideast/041600iran-cia-index.html

That qualifies.

So it is your opinion that Christians should ignore evil and not bring it to light?
Then I say you do not abhor evil in that case and have a tolerance for it. Did you see Jesus leading this example? He pointed out the evil of the Scribes and Pharisees. They were actually doing similar things in those days.

Romans 12
9The love unfeigned: abhorring the evil; cleaving to the good;
Now as to Illuminati, it is simply a Hollywood name with exaggerations and distortions of real events involving banking and other commodity cartels. De beers is as obvious as it gets. a little finance from Britain produced concentration camps and mayhem all resulting in the diamond cartel we know today.
By the 18th century it is a historical fact that wars were determined by finance. That is why Napoleon sold the Louisiana territory. Where did the US find the money? British and Dutch bankers. Thats, correct British bankers, the enemy of France. That meant financiers have been behind many things not generally known by the public or in their interest. Were British bankers working in the British interest? They also by the mid 20th century began to keep such things a little quieter in the press because many have such wealth own much of it now. I have had people in my neighborhood killed in Iraq. Does this matter?

Its in our history books before they started putting out their own press. This one practically decided the Russo-Japanese war.

Jacob Schiff

Through Kuhn, Loeb, and Company he played a central role in securing $200,000,000 in loans for Japan in the United States in 1904 during the Russo-Japanese War, for which he was subsequently decorated by the emperor of Japan.
In his later years Schiff increasingly turned his attention to charity. He was said to have contributed to nearly every Jewish and many nonsectarian charities in New York, as well as to Harvard and Cornell universities and the American Red Cross.
How did Imperial Japan work out for the US or the boy on those ships in Pearl Harbor?

This one was essentially running the United States.

JP Morgan.
Morgan successfully led the American financial community’s attempt to avert a general financial collapse following the stock market panic of 1907. He headed a group of bankers who took in large government deposits and decided how the money was to be used for purposes of financial relief, thereby preserving the solvency of many major banks and corporations. Having ceased to undertake large industrial reorganizations, Morgan thereafter concentrated on amassing control of various banks and insurance companies. Through a system of interlocking memberships on the boards of companies he had reorganized or influenced, Morgan and his banking house achieved a top-heavy concentration of control over some of the nation’s leading corporations and financial institutions. This earned Morgan the occasional distrust of the federal government and the enmity of reformers and muckrakers throughout the country, but he remained the dominant figure in American capitalism until his death in 1913.
Nobody liked them and knew they were not good men who were called Robber Barrens like Rockefeller, Morgan, Carnegie and Vanderbilt. So they created laws for trusts and foundations to keep it out of their name and began to avail themselves of the press. That why every wealthy person these days has a foundation or trust. Bill Gates has a new foundation and is actively trying to tell the Microsoft story. Its always the same. I am in the computer field and I know his history does not match the reality. As Napoleon is supposed to have said "History is a set of lies agreed upon". It is with great irony that Napoleon may not have said it.

Does it go overboard and get exaggerated? Of course it does. However it falls under the category of don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Revealing a pointless war is in the interest of living in peace as much as it is within our power to do so (Romans 12)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now you've defined what we generally thought you were referring to.
Yes, I think some of the conspiracies are real. As for a biblical reference, In Dan 11:30 talks of having 'intelligence' with them..... For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.
Sorry if I wasn't being clear :) The main fact is Notrash, it all boils down to wiles of the Devil. Should we be heeding these theories as biblical truth, or just take into consideration that we aren't blind and stupid to Satans deceptions and not dissect every thing that he does. Whatever isn't of God is from the Devil. I look at it as uplifting his schemes myself by talking about them on here, and some people live in this arena. I can tell you right now with the way the world is headed, and this nation alone falling apart, that conspiracy theories are the LAST thing that should be on any ones mind. It is evident that Satan is busy, so shouldn't we be uplifting each other in good conversation that points to the return of Christ, and not the Devils domain?
Anyhow, yes, there are men and people plotting strategies to attempt world dominion. You can read about some of them on various conspiracy sites or just using some common sense, that the 'world system' has been at work for a long time.[/quote].Unless a person is totally bible illiterate, then these things are self evident as we watch things unfold. This Presidential campaign alone is enough to see the evil exuding from it and the "conspirators" hammering away at each other. I don't need to run to the internet to find the latest and greatest "man made notion" floating around on there. Some people scour the internet like it was the bible. We can turn on our tv's and see evil almost every second of the day...or better yet, turn the dang things off..especially the major news networks at this point in time. I think it is time that we as Christians need to "Come out of her my people" and look to Christ, not the world. The world can't help us no matter how many lies they promise, so why bathe in the evilness and conspiracy theories? Topics about Freemasonary, UFO's, evil tradmarks on products are sensationalism. None of these things affect our lives one way or the other. How would these play in the last days before Christ returns if at all? 1 Cor 3:19 ~For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gwynedd1

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟18,093.00
Faith
Christian
For the record, I do not believe the facts, theories or exaggerations of conspiracies of today have anything to do with end times with the exception of one thing. The wide spread belief in end times mania is a by product of the following:

It was during the 19th century that millennialism came about because of the following and was related to these financiers who were behind the creation of Israel. The first financial agent I already mentioned in the US is again Jacob Schiff and Kuhn loeb. The other was Edmond Rothschild. He funded the colony(now does anyone think this act of one man had little impact on world events?).

Their pages reveal that Arab nationalism and opposition to Zionism were strong among some sections of the intelligentsia even before World War I. The Arabs sought an end to Jewish immigration and to land purchases by Zionists. The number of Zionist colonies, however, mostly subsidized by the French philanthropist Edmond, baron de Rothschild, rose from 19 in 1900 to 47 in 1918, even though the majority of the Jews were town dwellers. The population of Palestine, predominantly agricultural, was about 690,000 in 1914 (535,000 Muslims; 70,000 Christians, most of whom were Arabs; and 85,000 Jews).

-Britannica

Take from any encyclopedia you wish.

Now given the vast wealth provided by the magic of fractional reserve banking (the effects of which may be seen today with the likes of AIG) . It is no coincidence that in just a few years, where previously Orthodox Judaism and main stream Christianity where completely against the idea of an Israeli state, that they suddenly change their views. I believe it was as simple as providing funding to leaders who would move their flocks to help the creation of Israel. Thats why we ended up with Mormons and JWs and other movements of millennialism in the same period. That provided the political will to create Israel. Even today Orthodox Judaism holds it is God who should create this state though they are now a minority mostly killed in WWII. I suspect the publication of the Scofield Reference Bible was also funded by these sources. No one knows where it came from.

Now I hope everyone knows where Palestine was. It was in the Ottoman Empire.

That is what this is about. Its a historical document as well known a the Declaration of Independence.

[SIZE=+1]The Balfour Declaration
November 2, 1917
[/SIZE]

• During the First World War, British policy became gradually committed to the idea of establishing a Jewish home in Palestine (Eretz Yisrael). After discussions in the British Cabinet, and consultation with Zionist leaders, the decision was made known in the form of a letter by Arthur James Lord Balfour to Lord Rothschild. The letter represents the first political recognition of Zionist aims by a Great Power.

Foreign Office
November 2nd, 1917

Dear Lord Rothschild,
I have much pleasure in conveying to you, on behalf of His Majesty's Government, the following declaration of sympathy with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved by, the Cabinet.
"His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country."
I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation.
Yours sincerely,
Arthur James Balfour

There were two basic problems.

1. Palestine was in the Ottoman empire. The British were losing the war to Germany in 1917. The British appealed to the Zionist Federation to support them in exchange for Israel. As I said, finance wins wars. So, the Zionist Federation supported the allies. Soon after, the US entered the war along with a billion in finance that bailed out JP Morgan's allied debt that he stood to lose if Germany won. The French and the British could now begin purchasing again. Then Germany thanks to its Ottoman ally's possession of Palestine lost.

This is all pretty obvious. My only speculation, which seems to have ample support, is the arrival of pro-Israel mania right at the same time in the "Christian faith". It is ironic that many see this as evidence of "end times" when in reality these end times views were just a political tool of the Zionist Federation trying to create their state. If I were them I would probably do the same. It was a good investment since Israel's main ally in the world are about 20 million millennialist Christians in this country.

2. Most Jews did not want to go to Israel. Israel was a not very hospitable and only Yemeni Jews could really handle the difficult climate. WWII came in real handy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello Big Mouth Nana,
So it is your opinion that Christians should ignore evil and not bring it to light?
Then I say you do not abhor evil in that case and have a tolerance for it. Did you see Jesus leading this example? He pointed out the evil of the Scribes and Pharisees. They were actually doing similar things in those days.
Thank you Doctor qwynedd, but you have diagnosed me wrong. It is just the opposite in my case. I abhor evil and I am sick and tired of these "wacko" topics being brought up that aren't anything to do about anything that you can pin point as being related to the last days. The Devil is the Devil and we all know that he has his evil hands in a lot of things...people and churches included. In all of these sensationlistic topics that I have read, not once do I recall the OP mentioning the remedy, only Satan's agenda. That is uplifting Satan's tactics, not giving God credit for evils eventual out come.
As far as Jesus denouncing evil, did He take every evil circumstance and dissect it? NO!! Are we stupid weak people that are going to be swept away by sensationalism?...Some unfortunately YES, some fortunately NO. Depends on how strong you are Spiritually. How is the Freemasons, UFOs, and any other conspiracy theory going to feed the poor, spread the gospel, heal the sick etc? They won't, but Jesus Christ, Him crucified, risen, and coming again in great power and glory is the ONLY answer to give peoples minds peace instead of fear. We don't hide our heads in the sand where evil is concerned. We can't, it's all around us. We are not to dwell on it either as some do.
I have had people in my neighborhood killed in Iraq. Does this matter?
Of course it matters. I believe that it was a war that was not meant to be waged. Lost lives are always important. Recall this though that Jesus said that there would be wars and rumors of wars...wheather needed or not, so even though this situation is bad, I'm not going to stay in depression over it. We were warned. Maybe the difference in myself and others is, I tend to stay in the Word, and out of conspiracy theories. Do you recall where the bible states our strength is? In the Lord..Neh 8:10, not the Freemasons, Illuminati, UFOs, OR THE WORLDS EVILNESS!! I believe the apostasy has already begun in people hearts!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gwynedd1

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟18,093.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you Doctor qwynedd, but you have diagnosed me wrong. It is just the opposite in my case. I abhor evil and I am sick and tired of these "wacko" topics being brought up that aren't anything to do about anything that you can pin point as being related to the last days. The Devil is the Devil and we all know that he has his evil hands in a lot of things...people and churches included. In all of these sensationlistic topics that I have read, not once do I recall the OP mentioning the remedy, only Satan's agenda. That is uplifting Satan's tactics, not giving God credit for evils eventual out come.

Hello
Big Mouth Nana,

What I am asking you to do is attempt to engage rationally and not use terms like "wacko". That is my point. Mockery with terms like "Dr" is also not anything Godly. I cannot speak for "them" but my remedy is typically to post Romans 12. With respect to Iran for example, I see the likes of Hagee wanting to repay evil for evil. The US, as I indicated, made the first deposit when we destroyed their government. in the 50s. We are directed to repay evil with good. The amount of bellicosity coming from Christian sources does not fit with Romans 12.

14Bless those persecuting you; bless, and curse not;
15to rejoice with the rejoicing, and to weep with the weeping,
16of the same mind one toward another, not minding the high things, but with the lowly going along; become not wise in your own conceit;
17giving back to no one evil for evil; providing right things before all men.
18If possible -- so far as in you -- with all men being in peace;

As far as Jesus denouncing evil, did He take every evil circumstance and dissect it? NO!!

Yes he does in Matthew 23 he explained what they were doing in great detail and he continually exposed their hearts throughout the gospels.They appeared outwardly very good ergo their evil was a bit complicated. Its almost like you see fit to resist simple acts of evil.

Are we stupid weak people that are going to be swept away by sensationalism?...Some unfortunately YES, some fortunately NO. Depends on how strong you are Spiritually. How is the Freemasons, UFOs, and any other conspiracy theory going to feed the poor, spread the gospel, heal the sick etc? They won't, but Jesus Christ, Him crucified, risen, and coming again in great power and glory is the ONLY answer to give peoples minds peace instead of fear. We don't hide our heads in the sand where evil is concerned. We can't, it's all around us. We are not to dwell on it either as some do.
Of course it matters. I believe that it was a war that was not meant to be waged. Lost lives are always important. Recall this though that Jesus said that there would be wars and rumors of wars...wheather needed or not, so even though this situation is bad, I'm not going to stay in depression over it. We were warned. Maybe the difference in myself and others is, I tend to stay in the Word, and out of conspiracy theories. Do you recall where the bible states where our strength is? In the Lord..Neh 8:10, not the Freemasons, Illuminati, UFOs, OR THE WORLDS EVILNESS!! I beleive the apostacy has aready begun in people hearts!!
However if you are against end times mania then I am certainly with you on that one.
BTW : The apostasy already happened. Hebrews was written as a reaction to it. John identified it and proclaimed it was indeed taking place.

John 2
18Little youths, it is the last hour; and even as ye heard that the antichrist doth come, even now antichrists have become many -- whence we know that it is the last hour; 19out of us they went forth, but they were not of us, for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but -- that they might be manifested that they are not all of us.
Thats John saying its the latter times because many began to leave the faith just as Paul said they would in 1st Timothy 4 and 2nd Thessalonians 2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Big Mouth Nana,
I find the theories interesting because I DO believe we are in the last days. End time events will have a stage to play themselves out on.
Hi Verity. Does the bible give specifics about conspiracy theories, or does it give specifics about the Devil and his workings? If a person can recognize evil doings, then they should know who's doing them. If a person belongs to Christ and knows His Word, we don't need to air every little aspect of some evil society, group, club, association, etc. Simple information is all that is needed so that it can be verified wheather truth or hype, not page after page like on here, and people all bug eyed over some possible internet hype that most likely isn't true. Our bibles tell us exactly what to expect in the last days...an Antichrist is coming, and so is Christ. If you are pre-trib, then Christ is coming, then the Antichrist ;) The bible states that a man of sin is coming. It does not say that the Freemasons, Illuminati, UFOs, and other nonsense are going to affect our lives.
Matt 6:34 ~Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.