Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
This is just an informative announcement.

The following was posted in each of the Politics Areas by Administrator I'ddie4him on behalf of himself, co-Administrator suzybeezy, and the Executive Committee.

The Politics Forum has now been closed. To address concerns that have arisen over the past year, particularly escalating over the last month, we are reforming the entire forum.

This has been done with full Executive Team knowledge and has been approved by them.

There will no longer be separate subforums for political debate. There will be only one main politics forum where everyone is free to debate - civilly. In addition there will no longer be any political affiliation icons. We will create Safehouse stickies for each political viewpoint, including Conservative, Liberal and Moderate. This forum is for friendlly discussion with like-minded members - it is not a forum to debate opposing views.

Additional details will be provided in the forum specific guidelines when the forum is reopened.

I ask that you keep the Debate Team as well as the Executive Committee and any others who will be working as quickly as possible to get the Politics Forum back into a shape that can be used (and maybe even enjoyed ;) ) by all.

Thank you.

Letalis

Jun 7, 2004
Miami, FL
✟25,650.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
So there will no longer be any political debate areas? Is this the beginning of a trend? I like CF Debate areas.
"There will be only one main politics forum where everyone is free to debate."

Ie. the Republican, Democrat, and the other subforums, aside from the main Politics forum, will be closed.

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"There will be only one main politics forum where everyone is free to debate."

Ie. the Republican, Democrat, and the other subforums, aside from the main Politics forum, will be closed.

:wave: Thanks for answering. I came across this thread late one night and wasn't really with it when I asked the question. I understood when I re-read it!

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Any news on when we get our politics back? It was my favorite forum! And it seems that News and Current events has just become a surrogate political forum, just with people finding a link to justify the topic and the discussion kept just under the level of "debate."

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
It will probably take a day or so to get used to the changes...before advocating for changes after the change...
I am reminded though that political reforms were promised at the last great CF board reform and have yet to be realized. :( that was over a year ago now. It's been over two years since certain of us began lobbying for certain changes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My guess is:

[1] Anyone who thinks he is Republican is one.
[2] Anyone who thinks he is Liberal is one.

etc.

Uniting all Politics in One Pot*

*not a drug reference unless you think it is

"."

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
At the very least, open general political discussion and a wiki where we can make rules and discuss the organization of Political discussion. GPD was one of my 3 favorite forums (along with OBOB and News/Current Events)

Upvote 0