Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I remember listening to Dr. Williams on the Rush Limbaugh Show as guest host. He brought up a subject that I thought was pretty cut and dry from a Conservative standpoint. Dr. Williams made such a persuasive argument in five minutes, I started to doubt my own reasoning on the subject. Dr. Williams himself later said he hadn't made up his mind on the issue yet.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For those who give credence to polling info :

University of Colorado Prediction Model: Romney Wins 320-218

Looks bleak for Obama...not any better if you get Romney in my humble opinion.
Polling data is likely to swing back and forth for awhile yet. I'm definitely not happy with Romney. But the situation will be bleak down here in the lower 48 if Obama gets re-elected.

What's your position on Quebec? Can't you guys teach them to speak English, eh? :wave:

Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,496.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
What's your position on Quebec? Can't you guys teach them to speak English, eh? :wave:

I wish Quebec would separate and take their debt with them but when a referendum was held, the last one was confusing, most wanted to stay apart of Canada. They want to be a sovereign State but elect officials in the Canadian government and continue to receive the huge amounts of monetary support they are getting now.

Ezra Levant became famous after he was charged with a hate crime according to the Human Rights Act in Canada a few years ago. All he did was publish the famous "Muhammad Cartoon" in his magazine and he was charged with hate speech and speech "likely to cause hate at some future time." Crazy Canada! lol They charge him with a crime he had yet to commit...a thought crime. When the Human Rights Commission brought him in they had no idea he was a lawyer and he school them pretty bad, recorded it and posted it on YouTube. Needless to say the charges were dropped but many others find themselves in that kind of situation and are charged and fined. Anyways, that was my intro to Levant, here is his view on Quebec.

Deadbeat Quebec Still Mooching Off Canada

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I wish Quebec would separate and take their debt with them but when a referendum was held, the last one was confusing, most wanted to stay apart of Canada. They want to be a sovereign State but elect officials in the Canadian government and continue to receive the huge amounts of monetary support they are getting now.

Ezra Levant became famous after he was charged with a hate crime according to the Human Rights Act in Canada a few years ago. All he did was publish the famous "Muhammad Cartoon" in his magazine and he was charged with hate speech and speech "likely to cause hate at some future time." Crazy Canada! lol They charge him with a crime he had yet to commit...a thought crime. When the Human Rights Commission brought him in they had no idea he was a lawyer and he school them pretty bad, recorded it and posted it on YouTube. Needless to say the charges were dropped but many others find themselves in that kind of situation and are charged and fined. Anyways, that was my intro to Levant, here is his view on Quebec.

Deadbeat Quebec Still Mooching Off Canada
:thumbsup: Gotta love Ezra! Definitely a straight shooter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gord44

Nov 4, 2004
✟27,104.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I must concur with Van Til who said, "[There] is no alternative but that of theonomy or autonomy."

If we vote for Romney, it is no different than voting for Obama. Either way you are voting for an unregenerate, inherently evil man.

I find the idea of a theonomy terrifying. Reminds me of that CS Lewis quote;

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis

Upvote 0

CalledOutOne

The World Weary
Apr 12, 2012
Moved.
Visit site
✟16,249.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis

Yeah... I did a little more research. It turns out that I'm not a true Theonomist.
But I do believe that we should craft our own laws after God's.

Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,496.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Democratic government is controlled by corporations, these corporations manipulate regulation through corrupt, greedy, self-serving politicians. The US is supposed to be a Republic but its just like Canada and the rest of the world.
Types of Government, Explained - YouTube

Upvote 0

Erinwilcox

Delighting in His Goodness
Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Maryland
Visit site
✟27,827.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have an idea. Why don't we just get a large stick and start bashing large companies over the head with it screaming, "BAN! BAN! BAN!"

Democrats: Let's Ban Profits! - YouTube

Seriously. It's like they want it both ways--they want the JOBS created/given by corporations but they hate them and want to take all their money away, too. God forbid anyone work hard, build a company, create jobs, and then get rich because they worked hard . . . Let's let someone else do all the hard work and then take it all away from them because they did well and have more money than we do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

desmalia

Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Do you agree des, that Quebec is a major problem for Canada?

Are you kidding me? I'm a west-coaster. We've been wanting to join with Alberta and separate into our own country for years! ROFL

But seriously, yes the Quebec government has been a whiny special interest minority operation bleeding the rest of the country dry for years. It needs to stop. The only real problem I can see with them separating is that it will cut off the maritime provinces, which I seriously doubt would want to join with Quebec. I know people who live in Quebec who don't want to separate and are disgusted by what their provincial govt. gets away with. They would have to move to a new province if separation ever happens. But there is definitely a growing majority that live by their sense of entitlement. It's maddening to see. Ah, just think of the economic benefit if companies didn't have to relabel everything with French anymore. That alone would boost the economy!

Obviously there are many other problems than just Quebec though. Our government is throwing money away as fast as it can into First Nations bands in order to maintain some appearance of political correctness. But the band members are not benefiting from it, and a select number of higher-ups in the bands are the ones keeping most of the money anyway. (And I say that as someone who is part native). The environmental groups are also causing us huge economic problems. I can't believe how many Canadians still live under the delusion that the Kyoto Accord was actually a good idea! Then we've got this nonsense carbon tax on top of all the other taxes. And then there's the fascist way that the provincial governments keep joining forces with big business (hydro, TV stations, insurance, etc.) to hold a monopoly over our heads. Ah, if I keep going my blood may start boiling, lol. We need reform!

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

Erinwilcox

Delighting in His Goodness
Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Maryland
Visit site
✟27,827.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Yeah . . . some of my best friends are theonomists and the things they say sometimes . . . It doesn't help that they are ULTRA conservative in a lot of ways--whether they like it or not, it gives the impression that they will enforce dresses only for women, no make-up, and other such personal issues as law were they to get elected into office and given that power. I'm not a feminist by any means, but I would boo-hiss a government that tried to tell me what I could/could not wear.

It makes for bigger government in the little things despite their cries for smaller government in regards to economics and other such issues.

Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,496.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Obviously there are many other problems than just Quebec though. Our government is throwing money away as fast as it can into First Nations bands...

Did you watch Levant's vid about the Indian Act? What a load of fooy. The Act prohibits Natives (called Indians in the Act) from participating in the free market but gives them a ton of money that never makes it to the average person (unless you are doing something illegal).

Upvote 0

desmalia

Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Did you watch Levant's vid about the Indian Act? What a load of fooy. The Act prohibits Natives (called Indians in the Act) from participating in the free market but gives them a ton of money that never makes it to the average person (unless you are doing something illegal).
Actually, I haven't, though it doesn't surprise me. I've seen some of the stats they've posted about how the money is actually spent. Scary, scary stuff. It does no good for the Indians/First Nations peoples/natives (what is even the correct term these days? lol!) either because it encourages them to depend on that little trickle of money coming in from the government instead of working. Everyone loses.

Upvote 0