Visit site
✟732,859.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you have been following the News here is Australia, you would be aware that Labor has been condemning anyone who believes that homosexuals go to hell. Basically forcing the current prime minister, to say that he also does not believe it. A thing he ended up stating.

So where is all this headed? Anyone who reads the bible knows that it states that homosexuals will be in hell, unless they repent, turn from their ways.

What is troubling to me is that this Antichrist spirit is gaining power, and swift momentum. To me looking forward, I can see the day where it will be illegal to preach the true gospel.

This also leads me to believe that we may soon be entering a time where world wide Christianity will be illegal, or despised. I wonder, but do not know, whether soon the actual Antichrist will arise, for in Daniel there is suggestion that the Antichrist will be homosexual. With the rapid move that the world has to exult this particular sin, I do wonder.

This leads me to a conversation I had with my wife last night. That we as a church may need to be ready for persecution. Although I am sure tomorrow we will still be able to hold our faith, there may come a time soon where we can not. As the bible tells us this persecution will be more than words, bringing death to the saints of God. We as Christian need to resolve within our hearts that one day, possibly soon, we may need to suffer true persecution. But as Jesus said "Take up your cross and follow me".

Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟480,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let the world outlaw Christianity. Then shall the gospel be spread like never before. The worse thing they can do for themselves is persecute the Christians in the world, because that will push us to call upon the Lord and cause utter dependence upon Him; once that happens, there will be an army of Spirit-filled Christians more than willing to suffer tribulation for the advancement of the gospel.

• Winner
Reactions: crossnote
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Gospel will not fall as predicted in the scriptures Matthew 16:18. But as far as the antichrist, I think that's the son of perdition and will proclaim himself as god 2 Thessalonians 2:4. At least I think I got that right.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
If you have been following the News here is Australia, you would be aware that Labor has been condemning anyone who believes that homosexuals go to hell. Basically forcing the current prime minister, to say that he also does not believe it. A thing he ended up stating.

So where is all this headed? Anyone who reads the bible knows that it states that homosexuals will be in hell, unless they repent, turn from their ways.

What is troubling to me is that this Antichrist spirit is gaining power, and swift momentum. To me looking forward, I can see the day where it will be illegal to preach the true gospel.

This also leads me to believe that we may soon be entering a time where world wide Christianity will be illegal, or despised. I wonder, but do not know, whether soon the actual Antichrist will arise, for in Daniel there is suggestion that the Antichrist will be homosexual. With the rapid move that the world has to exult this particular sin, I do wonder.

This leads me to a conversation I had with my wife last night. That we as a church may need to be ready for persecution. Although I am sure tomorrow we will still be able to hold our faith, there may come a time soon where we can not. As the bible tells us this persecution will be more than words, bringing death to the saints of God. We as Christian need to resolve within our hearts that one day, possibly soon, we may need to suffer true persecution. But as Jesus said "Take up your cross and follow me".

I don't really know the situation our Australian brothers and sisters are facing. However, I think persecution is coming to the US and it's only one, or, two generations away.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,473,143.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The way I see it, as someone living in the midst of it, is that Australian society in general is saying to the Christian community, "We will no longer tolerate you exercising damaging control or narratives in wider society."

I think what this calls us to is not to take up a siege mentality and assume that's persecution, but to honest reflection on the many ways we have been damaging and harmful in the way we've carried out our lives and ministries, and to heartfelt repentance. If people see that we have the integrity to be open, to learn and change, that will be a far better witness than digging our heels in and insisting that we have the right to harm vulnerable people because "the Bible says."

Preaching and teaching on sensitive issues such as sexuality need to be done with care and nuance, generally within already-established relationships of trust. We need to realise that simply telling people they're "going to hell" is not a proclamation of the gospel but instead simply comes across as our willingness to sacrifice people on the altar of religious-based control of society. We can and must do better than that.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The way I see it, as someone living in the midst of it, is that Australian society in general is saying to the Christian community, "We will no longer tolerate you exercising damaging control or narratives in wider society."

I think what this calls us to is not to take up a siege mentality and assume that's persecution, but to honest reflection on the many ways we have been damaging and harmful in the way we've carried out our lives and ministries, and to heartfelt repentance. If people see that we have the integrity to be open, to learn and change, that will be a far better witness than digging our heels in and insisting that we have the right to harm vulnerable people because "the Bible says."

Preaching and teaching on sensitive issues such as sexuality need to be done with care and nuance, generally within already-established relationships of trust. We need to realise that simply telling people they're "going to hell" is not a proclamation of the gospel but instead simply comes across as our willingness to sacrifice people on the altar of religious-based control of society. We can and must do better than that.
Paidiske always says it better than I can:)

Love your neighbor as yourself and you don’t need to worry about persecution IMO.

• Friendly
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let the world outlaw Christianity. Then shall the gospel be spread like never before. The worse thing they can do for themselves is persecute the Christians in the world, because that will push us to call upon the Lord and cause utter dependence upon Him; once that happens, there will be an army of Spirit-filled Christians more than willing to suffer tribulation for the advancement of the gospel.
Yes Christians have been distracted by so many tangents that they have lost sight of their main commission of the Gospel in a world heading straight for hell.
It's TV personalities, selfies, latest Botox or it's smells, bells and sacred spaces all the while the lost march on to perdition...

LIBERTY BELL

We need to ring the Liberty Bell
'cause many men are heading for hell.
Eternity is a long time to spend
in darkness, in torment, without a friend.
Is life that important to make a name
while others are crying from beneath the flame?
Do days pass on and nights go by
as we sit and watch the last soul die?
Our hearts grow hard, our senses cold
as the devil tightens his satanic hold.
Enough, Enough, God please arise,
wipe the sleep from our heavy eyes.
There's millions of people lost out there
heading down the road of 'No One Cares'.
Give us a heart to reach these lost
with compassion that gives whatever the cost;
Grant us courage to proclaim liberty
that Jesus died to set men free,
and rose again to give them life
as a Gift of love to end man's strife.
(1976)

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟732,859.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't really know the situation our Australian brothers and sisters are facing. However, I think persecution is coming to the US and it's only one, or, two generations away.

I don't say you are wrong at all. But I was so shocked at how fast the gay push here in Australia began to choke out the gospel, at least in words at this point. Politicians make policy, and their policy is to condemn anyone who believe gays go to hell.

If people see that we have the integrity to be open, to learn and change, that will be a far better witness than digging our heels in and insisting that we have the right to harm vulnerable people because "the Bible says."

A note to Paidiske here, I agree with you in part, but not full. I agree that some time we defend truth too hard, at the risk of appearing hard headed. But what you have stated here is the very plan that Satan is using to condemn the church. He says "we, the church", are "hurting VULNERABLE people" ... but that is a lie, a person on their way to hell is far more vulnerable, than some one who may get their emotions in a knot. Our society is teaching kids it is cool to be gay, but God says it will send a person to hell. When did teaching sin become right?

This whole let's not speak God's truth thing is 100% wrong.

Now back to the Antichrist, I am beginning to think much of the Chruch will just go along with him, for there are two schools of though, the accepted Antichrist spirit "it is ok to sin and be gay, and call your self religious", and then the true camp, "no we would prefer to suffer rather than deny God's full word". As I mentioned the book of Daniel suggests that the Antichrist will be gay (Dan 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.). As such when we see the world exulting a gay world leader leader to high position I would be very worried. And as I said this is all moving very fast.

Reactions: Giacinta
Upvote 0

Boris_

Jun 4, 2019
Melbourne
✟1,056.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are a lot of people who are very bitter toward christians and, unfortunately, all too often, christians and churches give them a lot to be bitter about. It seems to apparent me that the frantic drive to far right wing is tearing Christianity away from its true roots. A lot of churches these days are into prosperity theology. Scott Morrison belongs to one of those churches. In my view, it is a most appalling heresy.

Pentecostalism is weak on the social implications of its beliefs. Social equity and social justice are very much on the back burner.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums