✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 308257

Although, I don't think a person's full political profile can be adequately defined in 16 questions.

Ambivalent is defined as "contradictory ideas"...so I guess if you're looking at in the context of a two party US political system, that may be fitting. As if you're in favor of gay rights and gun rights simultaneously, that's a conflict in the US binary system. But in terms of the spectrum of "anarchy <-> totalitarianism", there's no inherent conflict or contradiction between those two ideals.

But I guess based on their definition of it:
Ambivalent Right are a GOP-leaning group as a whole – 68% identify as or lean Republican – and they make up a substantial share of all Republicans and GOP leaners (18%). But this group also includes a significant number of Democrats: A quarter of Ambivalent Right either identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party, and a similar share (25%) voted for Joe Biden in the 2020 presidential election.

With 63% of Ambivalent Right adults under the age of 50, they are substantially younger than other Republican-oriented groups. About two-thirds (65%) are White, 17% are Hispanic, 8% are Black and 5% are Asian, making this group more racially and ethnically diverse than other GOP coalition groups.

Ambivalent Right differ from other GOP-aligned groups with their support for legal abortion and less negative views of the impact of same-sex marriage. They also are distinct from other Republican-oriented groups in their views of Donald Trump. Whereas large majorities of each of the other Republican-oriented groups say they feel warmly toward Trump, Ambivalent Right are somewhat more likely to say they feel coldly toward the former president (46%) than warmly (34%). And most (63%) would not like to see Trump continue to be a major national political figure for many years to come.

It's somewhat accurate, I'd be in the 25% percent that voted for Biden, and in the 46% who felt "coldly" toward Trump, and I'd definitely be in that 63% that would not like to see Trump continuing to be a major political influencer.

It's a poll lol. It's limited in it's ability to categorize. I've never supported a Republican candidate, but I've never supported a Democrat either. I associated with the left mainly because they didn't reject the diversity of my views....and the religious association of the right seemed to want to legislate their morality.

Now I don't associate with the left for very similar reasons.

Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe Pew is gathering information, not dispensing it.

Good point. I imagine they get paid to be quoted in scholarly journals, which in turn influence policy. I have no idea if any of that is true, but y'all can quote me.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe Pew is gathering information, not dispensing it.
I'm sure Pew will find uses for the data but the pollers are not vetted in any way so the results would be dubious at best.

I took the quiz 4 times changing answers to see how it changed the outcome and I'm not even an American.

Upvote 0