United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
tulc said:
liberals are still winning. but I wont bring it up.
tulc(who me? I didn't say anything!) :sorry:

I see Hix hasn't been using the baseball bat very effectively..... I must have a chat with him about that...

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The result so far are interesting. Even if the results are dead heat even, and the poll is too simple to serve as an accurate guage of what people are really thinking, the results still confirm my opinion that those that post in CF cover the whoe range of the political spectrum. No one need feel that their stance is the lone dissenting opinion.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I voted conservative as there is no way I could in good conscience vote for Kerry.
See there's another problem: I'm liberal and not voting for Kerry. So liberal doesn't mean pro-Kerry, it means....liberal.
tulc(still winning after all these days!)

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
FaithinHIM1968 said:
I voted conservative as there is no way I could in good conscience vote for Kerry.
I really don't know how any christian can vote for a party that supports abortion. God really whipped on my conscience on that one.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really don't know how any christian can vote for a party that supports abortion. God really whipped on my conscience on that one.
Well generally I just punch the card next to the name of the candidate I want. No wait you mean Democrats in general right? (sorry!:sorry: ) If you would like to know, I can explain why I vote Democrat in local elections. But I don't want to go too far off topic.
tulc(might have to pray for the mods over that one! I've never met a topic yet that I can't derail by accident!)

Upvote 0

Milla

Apr 24, 2004
✟19,230.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
crystalpc said:
Well, the Republicans haven't stopped abortion, and I see no reason to think they will in the near future. So I see no conflict in voting for Democrats if one agrees with them on the other social issues, ones that actually have a chance of making some headway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Milla said:
Well, the Republicans haven't stopped abortion, and I see no reason to think they will in the near future. So I see no conflict in voting for Democrats if one agrees with them on the other social issues, ones that actually have a chance of making some headway.

As a matter of fact, our current President DID stop one form of abortion his first year in office. He signed a ban on "partial birth" abortion to stop the killing of full-term babies. That made headway, don't you think? I can speak on this topic, as I have experience (and horrible regret). I did NOT have a right to do what I did many years ago. Even the "Roe" in the Roe vs. Wade has changed her mind about having that right to destroy life!! See for yourself....

I am a "former Liberal". After "growing up", I now believe in accepting responsibility for one's own actions, and not blaming society. If that makes me conservative, so be it.

Upvote 0

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
i think that implying that liberals aren't grown up isn't very grown up of ya ;)

however, many people who ARE pro choice are anti partial birth abortions anyway. but there is a difference between being pro choice and encourging or even supporting abortion. its just saying that you think the choice is the individual's and not the governments.

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟116,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SuzQ said:
I am a "former Liberal". After "growing up", I now believe in accepting responsibility for one's own actions, and not blaming society. If that makes me conservative, so be it.

Hehe, that reminds me of a saying that I've mentioned once or twice around here already.... "If you're not a liberal at age 20 you have no heart, if not a conservative by age 30 you have no brain." ;) I always thought that was cute.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

elanor

Reunite Gondwanaland!
Nov 9, 2003
Left Coast
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not sure if you were specifically talking about abortion in your post, SuzQ, or about responsibility in general. :confused:

SuzQ said:
...I am a "former Liberal". After "growing up", I now believe in accepting responsibility for one's own actions, and not blaming society. If that makes me conservative, so be it.
That is a harsh misrepresentation, at best, of liberal thought. I believe people need to take responsibility for their actions. I also think we as a society have some responsibility to come alongside and assist those who are struggling, particularly in poverty and its associated problems. That does not need to negate personal responsibility. Frankly, I think Jesus was quite clear about both accepting responsibility and helping others.

Reactions: Milla
Upvote 0
J

Jeremiah the Bullfrog

jameseb said:
Hehe, that reminds me of a saying that I've mentioned once or twice around here already.... "If you're not a liberal at age 20 you have no heart, if not a conservative by age 30 you have no brain." ;) I always thought that was cute.
I guess that means I have no heart. Wait...I'm a liberal, in the classic sense. :cool: Maybe I do have a heart! :D

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟116,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jeremiah the Bullfrog said:
I guess that means I have no heart. Wait...I'm a liberal, in the classic sense. :cool: Maybe I do have a heart! :D

Hehehehe... that's okay, I was already turning conservative at 20 too so I have no heart myself. ;) I could be.. um.. possibly.... um...... SATAAAAAAAN? (Saturday Night Live skit interlude)

Ya know, that's right! Cause we ARE 'classical liberalists' so we score a brain and a heart! :D

Upvote 0

Elyse

Newbie Doobie Doo
May 1, 2004
✟224.00
Faith
Christian
crystalpc said:
I used to feel that way, and then God really whipped on my conscience about other injustices. Abortion will remain legal for awhile either way. There are other atrocities to consider now, that are right under our collective Christian noses. I won't have an abortion and neither will you. But maybe one of our votes could make a difference in the lives of other young people that are dying as we post. Our votes won't change whether abortion remains legal.

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
elanor said:
I'm not sure if you were specifically talking about abortion in your post, SuzQ, or about responsibility in general. :confused:

That is a harsh misrepresentation, at best, of liberal thought. I believe people need to take responsibility for their actions. I also think we as a society have some responsibility to come alongside and assist those who are struggling, particularly in poverty and its associated problems. That does not need to negate personal responsibility. Frankly, I think Jesus was quite clear about both accepting responsibility and helping others.

I was not implying that at all about "liberal thought", as you say it. I was only referring to my own, personal decisions in the course of my life, and what has lead to my choice of becoming conservative. Perhaps stating it in the manner I did implied to some of you that it's not "grown up" to be liberal. For that, I apologize. That was not my interpretation of everyone else, only myself. I don't judge others, period, as I have sinned as much as the next guy.

You're absolutely right, Jesus was quite clear about accepting responsibility and helping others. You and I just have two different opinions when it comes to HOW. Jesus was also quite clear about how precious our gift of children are (Matthew 19:14). Regarding the abortion issue - quite honestly, if I could change the world, abortion would not even be an issue!!! All young women would RESPECT themselves & their bodies enough to not "give it up" to a man who is NOT worthy enough to be a life partner.

The undeniable facts are that the huge majority of abortions have nothing to do with rape or a life-endangering pregnancy. It's simply another form of birth control. Having said that, I do believe that pro-life groups & their hatred (which do nothing but "fan the flames") are as much to blame as pro-choice. If we would all focus our energies on educating the next generation of kids on how to have a deep, non-physical relationship with their peers, that we would certainly save more souls. I believe both groups of conservative/liberal would then discover they are actually on the same side of the HUMAN issue!! :idea:

As a deeply devout Christian, being a conservative makes the most sense to ME and what I choose to believe at this point of my life. For example, has promoting the use of protection (a very liberal idea I used to agree with) stopped, or even somewhat diminished these unwanted pregnancies, or the widespread diseases floating around? Nope. People are looking for someone to LOVE and be close to them, no matter what the cost in their lives. That is what I pray about the most - for this next generation of kids to love themselves, despite the mixed messages & inappropriate content being shoved down their throats.

We all have God's gift of free will, and I don't think any less of someone who is liberal and disagrees with me. If you don't think I do - ask my husband. :p He is from Sweden & quite liberal. However, I still respect his opinions and love him deeply. ;) God bless y'all!

Upvote 0