West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Political motivation, and negativity. The bible says to think of things of "good report." Philippians 4:8. Does that mean he doesn't want us to focus on negatively biased news? Yes! See, God is not a republican or a democrat. I know you know this. But I hope you really consider it well. If we view it either way, millions of people are alienated from the Gospel. God purposefully said moral things, not political things. Politics can be moral thats true, but morality cannot really be political. If politically motivated news is making you bitter, discontent and angry and alienated from the joy of Christ, I recommend unplugging. I get enough news, even though I have stopped reading all news for the last several months. Large news always makes it to social media within minutes of happening. No need to subscribe or feed the monster. (I know a lot of you love your news, like you love your coffee, but we must think of only those things that help feed the love and joy of Christ). You can thank me
later. Since I have unplugged, I noticed I was much more satisfied with God's will for my life, and started being less critical, and more thankful, resulting in more joy. I say these posts and things because they are things I am learning, not things I have mastered myself. I see lots of posts I would love to share that are political, and I just think. "can this bring someone closer to Jesus, or closer to a political party?" If you struggle with depression, this for sure is not helping you. UNPLUG! (this also means, unfollowing all those people who feed the monster in your life.) It's a process for sure, not an over night thing. I can only speak for myself, but in this digital age of fast food information, we can heap up teachers for ourselves, that teach any one of millions of ideas. And if we feed ourselves enough information that is not necessarily Biblical, honest, or good, we start spewing things that are not biblical, honest or good. What goes in comes out. He that can master the tongue is a
perfect person the Bible says. And I should be the last one saying all of this, because I was the most political person I knew about six months ago, which also means I was probably the most negative poster on social media. But if God can change me, He can change you.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Political motivation, and negativity. The bible says to think of things of "good report." Philippians 4:8. Does that mean he doesn't want us to focus on negatively biased news? Yes! See, God is not a republican or a democrat. I know you know this. But I hope you really consider it well. If we view it either way, millions of people are alienated from the Gospel. God purposefully said moral things, not political things. Politics can be moral thats true, but morality cannot really be political. If politically motivated news is making you bitter, discontent and angry and alienated from the joy of Christ, I recommend unplugging. I get enough news, even though I have stopped reading all news for the last several months. Large news always makes it to social media within minutes of happening. No need to subscribe or feed the monster. (I know a lot of you love your news, like you love your coffee, but we must think of only those things that help feed the love and joy of Christ). You can thank me
later. Since I have unplugged, I noticed I was much more satisfied with God's will for my life, and started being less critical, and more thankful, resulting in more joy. I say these posts and things because they are things I am learning, not things I have mastered myself. I see lots of posts I would love to share that are political, and I just think. "can this bring someone closer to Jesus, or closer to a political party?" If you struggle with depression, this for sure is not helping you. UNPLUG! (this also means, unfollowing all those people who feed the monster in your life.) It's a process for sure, not an over night thing. I can only speak for myself, but in this digital age of fast food information, we can heap up teachers for ourselves, that teach any one of millions of ideas. And if we feed ourselves enough information that is not necessarily Biblical, honest, or good, we start spewing things that are not biblical, honest or good. What goes in comes out. He that can master the tongue is a
perfect person the Bible says. And I should be the last one saying all of this, because I was the most political person I knew about six months ago, which also means I was probably the most negative poster on social media. But if God can change me, He can change you.

Great guidance! Thank you!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The only news and political items I see are posted on this site and I ignore most. Both have become convenient excuses for poor behavior by many. My mindset and disposition maintain a positive state because I feed them things that edify rather than destroy. Trying to convey the same to persons trapped in the media cesspool of despair is very difficult.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The only news and political items I see are posted on this site and I ignore most. Both have become convenient excuses for poor behavior by many. My mindset and disposition maintain a positive state because I feed them things that edify rather than destroy. Trying to convey the same to persons trapped in the media cesspool of despair is very difficult.
yes, it's good to use a christian source for news because it is more positive, but not necessarily so. I generally use twitter, and only follow positive news sources (only individuals and not a news source, conservative news is just as negative as liberal news). It is a proven fact that our brains respond more to negativity than to positivity, and it's a type of stress on the brain. News agencies monetize that in order to sell news.

Last edited:
Upvote 0