Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
14184390_1189314247796986_153968488921720760_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]That's taken out of context! The Bible is plainly talking about SPACE aliens, not ILLEGAL aliens!

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe they are refering to the fact that the wage gap is greatly exaggerated. Things like hours worked are not considered.
Things like hours worked are considered, of course, as well as leaves of absence, education, age and experience.
There is still a small gap, in the 3% area, but most of it has closed.
That just isn't true except, perhaps, among entry level workers. Where do you get 3% from?
The bigger issue lies with maternal leave, and prejudice against hiring/promoting qualified women.
That's also a problem
Generally, once they are in or promoted up, women are compensated fairly.
But not on the same level as men, on average.
But if its a huge hurdle to get there, then that leaves something to be desired.
http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/12/11/on-pay-gap-millennial-women-near-parity-for-now/

I think that men as a group will always have the advantage because they tend to be more aggressive. http://www.vox.com/2014/4/22/5639500/medicare-pays-women-less-than-men In this analysis of doctors, the male doctors charge for more procedures per patient per visit on average.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not just HRC
fb_img_1473368631876-jpg.182166

The American government has a LONG history of broken treaties and promises concerning the NDN Nations, my friend. This is nothing new to us. We have grown accustomed to being lied to and taken advantage of. To be honest, it is more of a surprise if the US government or a single politician actually follows through and keeps their word to us.

Reactions: stamperben
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We have a victory today after the federal judge ruled against the Sioux Nation earlier today. The Obama Administration stepped in after the ruling, but people are now saying that the fight is not over yet. I am trying to keep up with the most current news on the protest and aftershock of the ruling, but more and more stories keep coming in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
We have a victory today after the federal judge ruled against the Sioux Nation earlier today. The Obama Administration stepped in after the ruling, but people are now saying that the fight is not over yet. I am trying to keep up with the most current news on the protest and aftershock of the ruling, but more and more stories keep coming in.
I will wait until seeing how deep a victory this is. Meantime the bulldozers can continue to run?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will wait until seeing how deep a victory this is. Meantime the bulldozers can continue to run?

It is my understanding that the Obama Administration has temporarily halted the construction of the pipeline on the Standing Rock Sioux Nation tribal lands.

Excerpted from the following article: Obama administration orders ND pipeline construction to stop

The Obama administration said it would not authorize construction on a critical stretch of the Dakota Access pipeline, handing a significant victory to the Indian tribe fighting the project the same day the group lost a court battle. The administration said construction would halt until it can do more environmental assessments.

The Department of Justice, the Army and the Interior Department jointly announced that construction would pause on the pipeline near North Dakota's Lake Oahe, a major water source on the Missouri River for the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe. The agencies will now decide whether they need to reconsider permitting decisions for the pipeline under the National Environmental Policy Act.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Things like hours worked are considered, of course, as well as leaves of absence, education, age and experience.
Not for the usual "77 cents to the dollar" meme that goes around (79 in the graphic earlier). You get that figure if you average out the earnings of all men and all women in all fields and do a straight comparison of the two. It doesn't factor in choice of major, field of work, level of education, time out of work, overtime taken, etc.

I mean, if employers could really just get away with paying 77 cents on the dollar to women for the exact same work (as the wage gap people generally imply), they'd hire almost exclusively women.

That just isn't true except, perhaps, among entry level workers. Where do you get 3% from?
I'd have to go look for it, but I've heard roughly this figure before as well. It's the gap you get when you actually factor in all those other factors that can really be accounted for. That ~3% remains, but could be explained away by things like men being more likely to try to negotiate for higher wages than women.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not for the usual "77 cents to the dollar" meme that goes around (79 in the graphic earlier). You get that figure if you average out the earnings of all men and all women in all fields and do a straight comparison of the two. It doesn't factor in choice of major, field of work, level of education, time out of work, overtime taken, etc.

I'd have to go look for it, but I've heard roughly this figure before as well. It's the gap you get when you actually factor in all those other factors that can really be accounted for. That ~3% remains, but could be explained away by things like men being more likely to try to negotiate for higher wages than women.
I've heard that the wage gap - beyond entry level - is 84 cents to the dollar factoring in hours, education, etc.

I mean, if employers could really just get away with paying 77 cents on the dollar to women for the exact same work (as the wage gap people generally imply), they'd hire almost exclusively women.
Sure, redac, if people were driven by reason we would buy generic drugs, small efficient cars, read the fine print and pay off our credit cards in full every month. People tend to value more what costs more and employers are people.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A Native American talks about what happened to their people in America - In response, they typically hear "Get over it!" "Stop living in the past!" "Stop playing the victim!"

An African American talks about what happened to their people in America - In response, they typically hear "Get over it!" "Stop living in the past!" "Stop playing the victim!"

A non-minority American talks about September 11th or any other tragedy committed against America on American soil - In response, they will hear "Never forget!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
A Native American talks about what happened to their people in America - In response, they typically hear "Get over it!" "Stop living in the past!" "Stop playing the victim!"

An African American talks about what happened to their people in America - In response, they typically hear "Get over it!" "Stop living in the past!" "Stop playing the victim!"

A non-minority American talks about September 11th or any other tragedy committed against America on American soil - In response, they will hear "Never forget!"
Wrong September 11th.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
14225445_1359334717413360_8110345197186418601_n.jpg

...but he'd have been right. Thank God the GOP presidential candidate now is nothing like McCain.
I'm not a fan of Bush, Jr. but he's a far better man than Putin. McCain is a better man, a far better patriot, than Donald.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.